Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frosteh
Apr 30, 2009
Pixel 3a got Android 12. I like to do a factory reset after a new version update. Will this mess up anything with my Google Authenticator app?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Briefly thought I was reading the Path of Exile thread and got extremely confused.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Is everyone thinking Pro or not? I pre-ordered the Pro because of the telephoto, haven't had a chance to check the exact differences (if anything new was revealed anyway) since I'm at work

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Ha, 128gb Black Pro is up to $1799 on amazon.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I'm just gonna hold out hope that the Google Store comes back to life sometime with phones available, because I do not feel like screwing around with all the other vendors. Imagine ordering from Best Buy or affiliated sellers on Amazon in these days, could take weeks to be fulfilled

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Ha, 128gb Black Pro is up to $1799 on amazon.

yeah I just saw that too lol

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Having a dedicated telephoto lens is extremely badass and greatly adds to the user experience if you take a lot of photos with your phone.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Really curious to see what super res zoom can use with that higher MP and larger sensor. 4x as a starting point will probably make 10x look REALLY good.

Gonna guess it Pixel bins at native optical range or in low light but shifts over to native pixel output and cropping as you zoom in.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

bull3964 posted:

Pixel bins

:D

Also, check your carrier if google is still down, tmo preorder was painless

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is the stand available in the US? Even Google store says coming soon, when it works.

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

sourdough posted:

T-Mobile is giving me $450 for a Pixel 5, half as one time credit half as 24 month bill credit, so guess I'm preordering through them

Have you succeeded in doing so? I get to the trade in screen and get an error about page loading. The text, before it refreshes, is correct - 450$ off with trade in. (or up to 900 if you pay for magenta max [no thanks]). Haven't been able to get any sort of order in tho.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ragaduffin posted:

Have you succeeded in doing so? I get to the trade in screen and get an error about page loading. The text, before it refreshes, is correct - 450$ off with trade in. (or up to 900 if you pay for magenta max [no thanks]). Haven't been able to get any sort of order in tho.

Yeah, went through without much issue. It did give me an error when I first tried to a trade in when you can first click that (on the store page maybe?), but I just ignored it and there's another spot during check out that you can pick a line to upgrade and that worked first time.

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal
Google store out of stock again RIP — and suddenly back in stock and it worked five minutes later

Mizaq fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Oct 19, 2021

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
128gb stormy black pro secured from the Google store! What finally worked is if you get to the page with the confirm purchase button, just keep hitting it if it pops up the error message. It eventually went through and didn't charge me $50k in duplicate orders.

Regretful Humming
Apr 27, 2015
Had a Pixel 6 in my cart since this started and kept getting the errors too. Now it told me it's sold out and removed from my cart. Ouch. I guess I'll wait until it's available again.

Edit: I was able to grab the seafoam 128gb one on the Google Store.

Regretful Humming fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 19, 2021

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

sourdough posted:

Yeah, went through without much issue. It did give me an error when I first tried to a trade in when you can first click that (on the store page maybe?), but I just ignored it and there's another spot during check out that you can pick a line to upgrade and that worked first time.

Huh, no luck here, no matter how I try and get through to it. It brings up the line selector page and crashes there. Whether I go through the upgrade route on account page or through the store. Just have to keep trying I guess.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Got my confirmation email, oh...

Edit- Pixel Pass isn't showing anymore in the Fi store, and also financing is not available if you want to just buy the phone

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Tremors posted:

128gb stormy black pro secured from the Google store! What finally worked is if you get to the page with the confirm purchase button, just keep hitting it if it pops up the error message. It eventually went through and didn't charge me $50k in duplicate orders.

I've been trying this for over an hour with no luck.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Oh no. Android 12 went back to that weird clock on the lockscreen that looks like:

(Instead of, you know, 2:18am/pm. At least for US users.)

I hate that so much. I hope there's a way to change it.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

frosteh posted:

Pixel 3a got Android 12. I like to do a factory reset after a new version update. Will this mess up anything with my Google Authenticator app?

Your codes will not survive the reset and you will be locked out of all your accounts. Make sure to back them up or disable 2fa before resetting your phone.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Ew Android 12 looks like poo poo. What did they do to the control center at the top? How do I go back to the icons?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Ragaduffin posted:

Huh, no luck here, no matter how I try and get through to it. It brings up the line selector page and crashes there. Whether I go through the upgrade route on account page or through the store. Just have to keep trying I guess.

Sorry, I thought I'd cracked the code to making it painless but maybe just got lucky :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Somehow the 256 black pro sold out on Aussie Google store despite no one being able to get an order through. And it's 6:20am at earliest here.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

I got through on the Google Store but my delivery date for a seafoam 6 unlocked 128 is Nov 27-30.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

:negative: same.

And of course the pending charge is still on the google store financing, so even if they do come back in stock I won't be able to buy again.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

WhiteHowler posted:

Oh no. Android 12 went back to that weird clock on the lockscreen that looks like:

(Instead of, you know, 2:18am/pm. At least for US users.)

I hate that so much. I hope there's a way to change it.

I would just like to state this is an incorrect opinion to have, sorry

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
The Confirm purchase page finally loaded from my cart instead of an error, but then actually hitting confirm purchase just returned error after error.

Went back to the Fi store in the app and that miraculously worked, ordered a Black Pro 128gb, got an email. Hope my bank doesn't get spammed with multiple charges from those attempts though.

Anyone know how to trade in a phone to Google after the fact from buying a new one? Had it set up on the store cart, but you can't do it while buying in the Fi app, just tells you to go to the store.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

smoobles posted:

Ew Android 12 looks like poo poo. What did they do to the control center at the top? How do I go back to the icons?

Seriously wtf. Notifications are horrible, less information in more space.

Edit: the whole shade I mean, notifications and quick settings both

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Holy F, finally got an order in, had to get a Verizon 6pro. got black at 128gb. Probably had about 8 phones removed from cart before something finally went through!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Two orders just went through on aussie google store. Fixed?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Google is hosed up. Got emails cancelling my order and tradein, then my Fi page updates to show this -

It does not show if I click 'manage order'

jacksonchan
Jun 29, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Edit- Pixel Pass isn't showing anymore in the Fi store, and also financing is not available if you want to just buy the phone

My order got cancelled too, what a crappy order experience 😭

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just spent $5000 on double orders for my wife and I and my bank is like "yep that sounds like a typical usf purchase, approved"

Magic City Monday
Dec 5, 2016

FogHelmut posted:

Never got a confirmation email, but they did do some sort of hold for the full amount on my card and just now I got an email saying my order was canceled (order made via the German Google Store).

And now it's vacillating between sold out and having the "limit reached" for Stormy Black 128GB.

EDIT: and just as I posted this, I tried again and it went through no problems. Fingers crossed it sticks this time.

Magic City Monday fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Oct 19, 2021

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pixel Pass available again in the Fi store.

But now I'm back to the "Uh oh There was a problem loading your cart."

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Keeping my BB preorder but seems like Google Store is loading them back in. Looking like end of November if you order at this point.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
I managed to finally get through on the Google Store with a Pro 256gb in white. Delivery date is Nov 16-17.

I was going to cancel my Best Buy order, but maybe I'll wait 24 hours. All these other people getting cancellation emails from Google make my nervous.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Woops, I got blocked

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

incogneato posted:

I managed to finally get through on the Google Store with a Pro 256gb in white. Delivery date is Nov 16-17.

I was going to cancel my Best Buy order, but maybe I'll wait 24 hours. All these other people getting cancellation emails from Google make my nervous.

If they're pushing them out that far, I might as well not even try. I'll be away the whole week of Thanksgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm unhappy about the android 12 look and feel but I'm way too lazy to go back to 11. Looking forward to using my phone less and/or growing to dislike using it.