Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
Because the average member is dumb as dog poo poo, myself included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

The CAF has just as many cranks as civvie street.

I have no idea why we have any anti-vaccine sentiment after all the inoculations you take in basic—if you're not already caught up.

Joining the CAF with no proof of vaccinations (I grew up in America, had all the normal vax's just no record) sure was fun. I remember having to do the needle parade where I literally was given every vaccine over again.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Hizawk posted:

Joining the CAF with no proof of vaccinations (I grew up in America, had all the normal vax's just no record) sure was fun. I remember having to do the needle parade where I literally was given every vaccine over again.

Had that happen when I started nautical school, except after the first batch of vaccines the nurse went “wait you grew up around here?”, went into the computer and printed out my vaccine records going back to the week of my birth.

The PPC is 100% a crank alt right party, they’re thankfully splitting the conservative vote right now, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they devolved in extremism.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Lol one of the ppc shitheads threatened trudeau's life and that dickhead bernier realized the optics were bad and made him apologize and their supporters were throwing gravel at trudeau as well.

In other words, theyre already there.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I have a medical this month to go back in as an Arty O. The CAF already crippled me once, and I’m doing well on Civie Street. Is this my TBI acting up again, or is the CAF today better than the one I left?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

As someone who just got back in: your tbi is acting up

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

If you're trying to find something both technically involved and mentally engaging you miiiiight find something worthwhile in 4GS, but there are far better career fields to be in for that anyways.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Oh my god, dont do it.

Theres nothing i regret more than signing that loving paper again

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The CAF is the CAF. If you left it once, you're rejoining back into the same organization. With all the same problems.

If you left due to CAF reasons, then don't rejoin because it's basically the same.

If you left for non-CAF reasons, then it's up to you and your circumstances.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
My medical thing expires in November, meaning I can pretty much put in an application now.

I've gotten a sneak peak on all the toys that the Kingfisher has, and oh boy AVS is really starting to call me with Spec pay and options to transfer into NDT or Flt Eng (even though it seems like the new platforms don't use an FE).

Blade_of_tyshalle, if you're still in this thread, I've got some questions. :shobon:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

FE has been a "dead trade" for years now. Every year theyre going to rebage them as traffic techs and make em loadies.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

My Spirit Otter posted:

FE has been a "dead trade" for years now. Every year theyre going to rebage them as traffic techs and make em loadies.

Wait, are you kidding? They've still been advertising this trade at OT job fairs, and it looks really cool. :mad:

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Yea, since they pull loadies from the traffic world, its one of the things peiple have been bitching about

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

My medical thing expires in November, meaning I can pretty much put in an application now.

I've gotten a sneak peak on all the toys that the Kingfisher has, and oh boy AVS is really starting to call me with Spec pay and options to transfer into NDT or Flt Eng (even though it seems like the new platforms don't use an FE).

Blade_of_tyshalle, if you're still in this thread, I've got some questions. :shobon:

You'll probably just go to cold lake and be miserable. Cyber Op is where it's at now

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Hey SSC, I know you're reading everything I write, but you totally CAN'T stream Crave on DWAN computers. Like, don't even worry about it, dudes.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Depends on if severe injuries would be CAF reasons - I got out on 3B, though they extended me for 18 mo at the end. If I wasn’t hurt, I think I would have been a lifer because I liked soldiering, but I’m worried that it might hit different on the other side of paid school and priority government hiring.

I guess I’m looking for something more meaningful than getting paid way too much to write briefing notes and go to grad school. Last spring I had a meeting with Vance (lol) about a veteran initiative, and he mentioned that they want to re-up guys. I figured, I dunno, I knew which way was up in Battalion, where now it’s not as clear cut to know if I’m doing the right thing.

I dunno, I busted my rear end in physio for 6 years to finally scratch off all those MELs, and my motivation was always to get back in the mix. Lol I guess I wouldn’t really be proving anything, it’s not like the medical officer will give me a high five for getting back to those universality of service requirements.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

You guys think if i tell them im unvaccinated theyll check their records?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

Depends on if severe injuries would be CAF reasons - I got out on 3B, though they extended me for 18 mo at the end. If I wasn’t hurt, I think I would have been a lifer because I liked soldiering, but I’m worried that it might hit different on the other side of paid school and priority government hiring.

I guess I’m looking for something more meaningful than getting paid way too much to write briefing notes and go to grad school. Last spring I had a meeting with Vance (lol) about a veteran initiative, and he mentioned that they want to re-up guys. I figured, I dunno, I knew which way was up in Battalion, where now it’s not as clear cut to know if I’m doing the right thing.

I dunno, I busted my rear end in physio for 6 years to finally scratch off all those MELs, and my motivation was always to get back in the mix. Lol I guess I wouldn’t really be proving anything, it’s not like the medical officer will give me a high five for getting back to those universality of service requirements.

Dude, there are ways to serve your country without signing away your right to tell the boss to go gently caress themselves. Public service has priority hiring for vets, and the ccg is real short handed right now. I might imagine other outfits to be similar.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

OH loving COME ON MAN

Incoming Canadian Army commander under investigation for sexual misconduct

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

gently caress
ing
hell

i visited some family recently and the sexpest habits of our command came up and all i can do is shrug

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

lmao being a sex pest is prerequisite for pinning on general, loving hell

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Perhaps the military should consider hiring its top positions from outside the organization, if unable to find suitable candidates within?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 7, 2023

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Just so we're clear, this LGen is a different LGen than the one that was just posted.

The Canadian Armed Forces' commander of military personnel is under investigation for sexual misconduct and has stepped aside from the role.

I think it's time to break out a spreadsheet because I'm sure I've lost track of SOMEONE by now.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

:monocle:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I can not believe that leadership that existed throughout a toxic culture could in fact be toxic themselves.

Just, completely unfathomable.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

B33rChiller posted:

Perhaps the military should consider hiring its top positions from outside the organization, if unable to find suitable candidates within?

Can't wait for the failed CEOs to flock to the Army and run it like a business.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

In a refreshing change of pace, the Commandant of CFSMI won't be returning due to plain ol' misconduct

quote:

"Additionally, other administrative and corrective measures have been taken, including the cancellation of the former commandant's promotion and planned posting," wrote Department of National Defence (DND) spokesperson Daniel Le Bouthillier in a statement to CBC News.

DND did not confirm the nature of the allegations investigated, citing privacy laws.

The investigation found "no sufficient evidence to support" laying a charge using the military's justice system, DND said.

Pretty vague, but if it was sexual misconduct I would hope they'd be obligated to divulge that.

Nofeed
Sep 14, 2008
On the bright side, all the idiots refusing to get vaccinated are literally the worst soldiers, and nothing of value will be lost when they shoot themselves in the face by leaving. Good luck trying to survive in real life without the government looking after your every need, fuckers.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The only active CF member I’ve met recently went on a rant about vaccine mandates were government overreach and Americans would never tolerate that because their love of freedom is too strong, unlike us Canadian soy loving cucks.

He’s vaccinated, but he took his last vacation in Ontario instead of Québec because their vaccine passport is on paper, unlike ours which is a QR code on your phone.

…no I don’t get it either.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

eh :pressf:

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 21, 2021

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"I don't like being told what to do" is a common reaction to vaccine mandates.

Which is hosed up for anyone who's even experienced military life to say.

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
I haven’t met a single person yet in the CAF who is anti-vaccine or anti-mask, but oh dear the DND employees are a different story.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Jcam posted:

I haven’t met a single person yet in the CAF who is anti-vaccine or anti-mask, but oh dear the DND employees are a different story.

There's someone on the union Facebook page that just won't back down from how the vaccines aren't effective and that not giving them a choice is government overreach. It's nothing that I hadn't seen before, but I was surprised to see someone publicly ousting themselves like that.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Jcam posted:

I have, i think about 5. All caved afaik

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

My Spirit Otter posted:

I have, i think about 5. All caved afaik

The mental cherry-picking someone would have to do to 1) Be in the military, and simultaneously 2) Not like being told they need to be vaccinated, is just hilarious to me. When they started the military clinics here in Ottawa my coworkers and I were pretty much tripping over each other to get the shots.

But then again this organization is a complete embarrassment and is full of idiot-children who can’t keep their hands off of people apparently so I shouldn’t be surprised.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I thought Old Man had maxed out at LCol, but the way things are going - even at Bde, there will be no senior officers left. So either I have to put up with him making some grade of general officer, or find out he’s a sex criminal.

Two of his buds and classmates from back in the day have gone down, it’s loving unreal. They have a ret’d JAG Col who hangs out in their mess and the rumour mill is lots of guys are trying to quietly meet with him in case they catch paperwork.

What a shitshow.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

There's a new CBC podcast called "White Hot Hate"

Guess what, there's a white supremacy problem in the CAF Reserves! Who woulda thought!

(not loving me, guys in my unit were super stoked to "bust native skulls" when the caledonia occupation started)

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Racism is so fuckin pervasive and not just first nations hate. Its absolutely disgusting and i hate that theres nothing to be done about it because racists know their audience, typically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

My Spirit Otter posted:

Racism is so fuckin pervasive and not just first nations hate. Its absolutely disgusting and i hate that theres nothing to be done about it because racists know their audience, typically

and leadership is either;

1) oblivious to it
2) in on it, or
3) aware of it, but the people participating in it are a required cog in the machine.