Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

the Cornette to Cumtown pipeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Stavros could eat Cornett alive.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Stavros could eat Cornett alive.

"So back in the day, in Tennessee wrestling, the HEEL didn't need to do A MILLION MOVES to get OVER because he KNEW HOW TO-"
"Whatever man, shits boring, who cares."

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

*intro riff*

ADRENALINE
IN MY rear end
SOMETHING SOMETHING
IN MY rear end

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

Laid OUT BY THE CHAIRMAN you mean!

That's not Shawn Spears :colbert:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

that stupid godsmack snakebite song is stuck in my head along with images of leviathan emerging from catfish creek wearing dracula teeth after watching that video

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

that stupid godsmack snakebite song is stuck in my head along with images of leviathan emerging from catfish creek wearing dracula teeth after watching that video

I want a shot for shot remake of the Leviathan video but with John Silver instead of Dave Bautista.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BGrifter posted:

I want a shot for shot remake of the Leviathan video but with John Silver instead of Dave Bautista.
with the cheapest 99 cent store fangs

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the only leviathan story i ever heard really wasn't a story, just that he was scared to go in the water at night and it was too cold

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

seeing the river for the first time, that's not really the type of river you would summon a leviathan from. maybe a catfish man. bautista should have been Zaat! aka Dr. Z.

i could see bautista doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9lHYjxSr0

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 8, 2021

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

But could Leviathan sashay through the sarcasm?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

telling you - leviathan as is, except he's in the zaat costume. the guy's career would have really taken off.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I watched the Leviathan video and now it won't leave my YouTube recommendations lol it's like SIMON GOTCH BURIES ENZO AMORE redux

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I watched the Leviathan video and now it won't leave my YouTube recommendations lol it's like SIMON GOTCH BURIES ENZO AMORE redux

I'm not the one who's so far away
When I feel the algorithm bite enter my veins
Never did I want to be here again
And I don't remember why I clicked

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea and they weren't mine either but Godsmack are amazing live.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Godsmack are fine. A little generic, but “I Stand Alone” is a fun song. Not to be confused with “I Walk Alone” by Saliva.

I mix Godsmack up with Disturbed a lot. But Disturbed were a better band, so that’s not a bad thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the best song of the same species is "I Alone" by Live.

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

coconono posted:

the best song of the same species is "I Alone" by Live.

Not alone by starkill, also from the superior Canada

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

owa ah ah ah

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

They actually have a lot in common, so...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Classic territory story:

Wrestlers go to dinner one week at a local buffet after the show: $2 dollars all you can eat.

Come back the next week, $3 dollars all you can eat.

Come back again, the next week: $4 all you can eat.

Come back the week after that: $2 all you can eat (no wrestlers)

edit: Jim wondering where the pool is for a "pool party" is, when it turns out that someone misheard "Pull Apart" and the from then on they were called "Pool Parties" on the booking sheet.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
that does explain why Jim kept inviting wrestlers to pool parties with his wife, he was trying to tell them to pull out but they kept mishearing

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

remember how i was bitching about danielson being put on the youtube preshow? guess who agrees!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

remember how i was bitching about danielson being put on the youtube preshow? guess who agrees!

Ouch, hope you can recover from this L.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Boy I wonder which match he would have bumped for it

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Ouch, hope you can recover from this L.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

It was for a different reason though.

Said if you want to compete with Smackdown then you increase ratings for the tv show. He argued it would have a better rating if Danielson was on it, just bump the girls match. Also a youtube show won't steal smackdown ratings because if a person is still watching smackdown at that point they can just keep watching and do the youtube show later. if smackdown sucks and they decide to watch the youtube live instead they probably would have tuned out anyway.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

just bump the girls match

Sounds like someone hasn't acknowledged the new tribal chief yet.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

the Smackdown P18-34 rating did drop somewhat significantly (and harder than the other demos) when Dragon/Suzuki on the youtube show starts. It's not necessarily the reason, but it did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-VCdtH8XQ&t=2070s

Wezlar fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Oct 19, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It was for a different reason though.

Said if you want to compete with Smackdown then you increase ratings for the tv show. He argued it would have a better rating if Danielson was on it, just bump the girls match. Also a youtube show won't steal smackdown ratings because if a person is still watching smackdown at that point they can just keep watching and do the youtube show later. if smackdown sucks and they decide to watch the youtube live instead they probably would have tuned out anyway.

Turns out Jim was wrong as always, shocker!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He also complains about Suzuki's stuff looking weak/fake and like... what the gently caress is he talking about? I've literally been in the room for a Suzuki match, he's either really hitting the other dude... or working snug enough that it doesn't matter.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yes, when I think of Minoru Suzuki I definitely reason that he isn't hitting the other guy hard enough

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

He also complains about Suzuki's stuff looking weak/fake and like... what the gently caress is he talking about? I've literally been in the room for a Suzuki match, he's either really hitting the other dude... or working snug enough that it doesn't matter.

That's not what he said. He said it looks phony when two guys stand in the middle of the ring and just trade blows. Like I hit you, now OK you hit me now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

That's not what he said. He said it looks phony when two guys stand in the middle of the ring and just trade blows. Like I hit you, now OK you hit me now.

He said both.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Obviously Jim has never watched a slapFIGHT event

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

man, wait until he sees a move like the leg drop

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Alaois posted:

man, wait until he sees a move like the leg drop

This one time I saw a guy sell a bump by slowly wriggling off a platform then dangling for a bit then taking a lovely bump. Imagine how cornette would react if he saw that.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
jim will go on about realism or simulated combat but he really wants cartoonish brawling where dudes flail their arms and fall over when getting pawed at by worked punches and then immediately get up to feed for more punches

it doesn't look phony to him because that's how they did it since he was a kid and if you examine most of his complaints that's the real issue and whatever else he comes up with is just how he justifies it to himself. like it's impossible to take somebody seriously when they say vtriggers look weak because the person taking it doesn't do a back bump.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Cornette: "So, this Kenny Ome.."
Nick: "So, the next bit is adding the word 'penis' to wrestler names"
Stavros: *laughs in Stavros* Hell yeah, dude.
Cornette: "As I was saying.."
Stavros: "Hulk Penis, Ultimate Penis, Macho Penis.."
Adam: "Mr.Penis"
Nick: "Ahmed Johnson.. Penis."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

What he means is that Minoru Suzuki is Japanese.