Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

Don't count out Touchdown Tom in the Grey Cup

The REDBLACKS are already eliminated from the 2021 CFL playoffs so maybe next year is Tom Flaccos year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Feels like good Packers fan av material, here

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 19, 2021

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Browns offense should theoretically be plug and play with a QB like Keenum, except everyone's dead so probably not

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The inevitable Ravens Titans playoff game is going to be better than the super bowl. Book it

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
The spread continuing to grow for Texans@Cardinals, currently at 17.5, made me wonder about the largest historical spread, and it's 28 points.

quote:

1. Broncos vs. Jaguars 2013 Week 6 (-28)

Months before the Denver Broncos were humiliated in Super Bowl XLVIII, they were the hottest offense in the NFL and undefeated as they welcomed a winless Jacksonville team to the Mile High City.

Going into the game, the 2013 Broncos were averaging 46 points per game vs the Jag’s 10.2, which helps to explain the 28 point spread, the biggest in football history.

Things looked good out of the gates as Denver took a 14-0 lead in the first quarter. The Jaguars soon exceeded expectations, however, and were down by just two at the half.

Even after putting up another 21 points in the second half, the Broncos didn’t come close to covering this historic spread thanks to a generally solid performance by the Jacksonville defense. The game’s final score was 35-19.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

That's a lot of injuries to important players. Browns are nearly as bad off as the 5-1 Ravens.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1450542459885342724

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The inevitable Ravens Titans playoff game is going to be better than the super bowl. Book it

Just need it to be in Baltimore so we don't have the pressure of keeping up the road team winning streak in the series.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Qwijib0 posted:

The spread continuing to grow for Texans@Cardinals, currently at 17.5, made me wonder about the largest historical spread, and it's 28 points.

I know 2013 Broncos had one of the best non-adjustedoffenses of all time, but calling a defense allowing 35 points a "solid-effort" seems really dumb lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Also, we nearly thought we had watched a guy die on SNF - and he's seriously trying to play Sunday lol:

https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1450537028236447745

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Don't do this I want to be free from this hell

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's a lot of injuries to important players. Browns are nearly as bad off as the 5-1 Ravens.

Baker Maysuck

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

seiferguy posted:

Also, we nearly thought we had watched a guy die on SNF - and he's seriously trying to play Sunday lol:

https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1450537028236447745

He has until Monday night and it's a home game. His return is entirely possible.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is CBS even gonna bother sending a broadcast team out to the Pats/Jets game? Just run a stationary webcam or something.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is CBS even gonna bother sending a broadcast team out to the Pats/Jets game? Just run a stationary webcam or something.

Like one of those storm surge cameras they put out when a hurricane lands

Strong Barkley before USA/Angola 1992 vibes

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

I think the 7 afc playoff teams are pretty set right now

Buffalo
Tennessee
Baltimore
Cincinnati
KC
Los Angeles
Las Vegas

I might have put Cleveland over Vegas but they're just too hurt. I don't see any 2nd team coming out of the South or East

There is a lot of season left and at least 3 of those teams won't be in the playoffs for reasons no one has even imagined yet

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

a neat cape posted:

I think the 7 afc playoff teams are pretty set right now

Oh SA2k. You should know better.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Just wanted. To pop in to say Derrick Henry is absolute beast and mvp this far into the year

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Just wanted. To pop in to say Derrick Henry is absolute beast and mvp this far into the year

It's Lamar OP

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

It's Lamar OP

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1450497090812010503?t=12uXbDIByou79-YIdi0zUA&s=19

Henry has had a solid season in six games

I think Diggs should also be mentioned in MVP conversations honestly.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

EmbryoSteve posted:

Definitely. I hate him because he is not on my team and I want to watch more.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

EmbryoSteve posted:

The Tree That Runs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

783 yards and 10 TDs already, jesus christ

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

3rd stringer on the left and 2nd string rookie on the right

Our swing tackle is on IR

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sounds like everyone is fine and it's a good story but holy poo poo this sounds utterly terrifying.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1450558509989433347

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

:black101:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

But why? We’ve acquitted ourselves so well against mobile QBs so far this season. Lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

Sounds like everyone is fine and it's a good story but holy poo poo this sounds utterly terrifying.

He related to Fred?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

MOON SMOOT

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Event_Horizon.mov

https://twitter.com/art_stapleton/status/1450576609640128513?s=21

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My wishlist:

1. Derrick Henry sets the rushing yards record this year. Yeah, 17 games and all, but he's probably not getting beat on it for at least another decade.

2. Titans/Ravens playoff game. Don't care who hosts, hell don't care who wins, but it's a sweet rivalry and honestly the Tits are kinda rear end this season anyway so might as well hope we play a sweet game against a team as beat up as ours.

3. Big Jeff

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Big Jeff was mean to Marshall Yanda and is thus an awful man deserving of exile from polite society.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Metapod posted:

10000000000% this

I can't stand the Ravens playing the Titans any more I'm weak

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 20, 2021

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I just want to be able to keep saying that in their last playoff matchup the Ravens held OPOY Derrick Henry to a shameful 40 yards in 18 carries for 2.2 YPC and be done with it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
We’re tied one to one in the last two postseasons. This is the rivalry now, accept it. This is the new AFC Central. It’s good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I feel it in my bones that the ravens injuries will eventually be too much so they slide a bit and then we have to play wild card weekend somehow

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Metapod posted:

I feel it in my bones that the ravens injuries will eventually be too much so they slide a bit and then we have to play wild card weekend somehow
I am here for the Bengals winning the AFC North. It’s a beautiful sentence, a beautiful concept. It won’t happen lol
Then maybe we can get Ravens-Titans and/or a sickening 3rd round AFC North blood bath.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens will win the Superbowl

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

I'd be ok with the Bengals winning the AFCN, Joe Burrow is a lot more likeable than Carson Palmer and Mike Hilton is my fav ex Steeler. The Ravens are always good which is annoying and the Browns went from plucky to obnoxious extremely quickly.

The Taylor Mays / Vontaze Burfict style Bengals are gone and we're all better off b/c of it. Also RIP Chris Henry while I'm on the subject.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

still feeling 7 or 8 wins for them bangle. playoffs if the browns continue to have qb struggles or whatever is causing them to not be as good as they should be