Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Lastdancer posted:

They should have gone bigger and make everything a Nintendo64-style controller port

Bring back the controller ports from the original Xbox that were electrically just USB, but physically huge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i miss the nintendo 64

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

repiv posted:

Bring back the controller ports from the original Xbox that were electrically just USB, but physically huge

There ya go, something like that. I never get the orientation mixed up on those. USB-C is a good step in the right direction but now I can't find the port in the dark! It needs to be motions hands outward with emphasis BIGGERT.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So has anyone played the Good Life yet? I love SWERY and his style, but I heard Deadly Premonition 2 kind of blew so I am nervous. Like SuperGreatFriend didn't even like DP2.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i miss the nintendo 64

5-ish days left!

Nintendo should finally add a third theme for Switch: atomic purple.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

repiv posted:

they also had the breakaway attachments that were supposed to reduce the damage when you trip over a cord, right? seemed like a good idea but i never understood what the benefit of having an added connection for it instead of making the connection looser on the console side.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bring this back

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

b_d posted:

they also had the breakaway attachments that were supposed to reduce the damage when you trip over a cord, right? seemed like a good idea but i never understood what the benefit of having an added connection for it instead of making the connection looser on the console side.

As did the 360. Having the break away point partway in the cord helps align it with the angle of force. Depending on where how the cable was pulled the port itself may not come be able to come out without pulling or tilting the console, but as the breakway point was partway in the cord it will thus be naturally aligned to the force and thus nothing to drag.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

flavor.flv posted:

Bring this back

This is not a BDSM thread

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the best thing to happen to video games is wireless controllers. it was fine using wired when i was 8 years old on an ancient mostly-functioning 25" CRT that my dad bought from the back of a dude's truck for twenty bucks, but that won't fly now that i want to play video games on the couch

although to be honest when i move, i'll probably move the PS5 into the (home-)office rather than attaching it to the living room TV so maybe i'll eventually go back to not caring too much about wireless

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Violet_Sky posted:

It's literally a switch.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

Pretty much everything Nintendo / Sony / Samsung / Google uses usb-C

It rules. I can get clearance Nintendo car chargers for like $4 and use them on my headphones, phone, tablet, Switch, etc.

Do not do this for your switch lol. The switch doesn't use the standard and most any old chargers will eventually brick your system.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...ntent=post_body

Make sure it's at least in the good category.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

It's literally a switch.

:vince:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Rocket Pan posted:

As did the 360. Having the break away point partway in the cord helps align it with the angle of force. Depending on where how the cable was pulled the port itself may not come be able to come out without pulling or tilting the console, but as the breakway point was partway in the cord it will thus be naturally aligned to the force and thus nothing to drag.

oh, makes sense. thanks

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

flavor.flv posted:

Bring this back

im going to flagellate myself with this to appease nintendo ...

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Lastdancer posted:

There ya go, something like that. I never get the orientation mixed up on those. USB-C is a good step in the right direction but now I can't find the port in the dark! It needs to be motions hands outward with emphasis BIGGERT.

there is actually no reason at all why every cable can't be sick rear end ¼" TRRS audio jacks. everything would be so much better. imagine how badass a laptop would be with a bunch of thick cables coming off the side in a neat grid like an amp

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

flavor.flv posted:

Bring this back

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I would also accept XLR connections but 1/4” TRS is a very good choice

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

flavor.flv posted:

Bring this back
Is that a cat 'o nine tails? :v:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Topical: https://twitter.com/Foone/status/1264925104175112192?s=20

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Violet_Sky posted:

It's a Nintendo thread, close enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSRfpiJgQGo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

they hated Him because He spoke the Truth

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

flavor.flv posted:

Bring this back

[2004 voice]

I've been very naughty

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

b_d posted:

pretty sure they're the only reason that i can still use a 360 controller with my pc today

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Violet_Sky posted:

You must be new to the thread.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
B - owser
D - onkey Kong
S - amus
M - ario

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Right, as if Mario would be down for the funky poo poo without Peach

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol I went to report the annoying YouTube link guy but the post had already been reported.

:krad: switch thread ftw

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

enojy posted:

Right, as if Mario would be down for the funky poo poo without Peach

LOL yeah who ever heard of an Italian having a comare on the side

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I hope the upcoming movie answers the question if their names are Mario Mario and Luigi Mario

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Waffle! posted:

I hope the upcoming movie answers the question if their names are Mario Mario and Luigi Mario

Considering the Hoskins/Leguizamo film is canon, yes.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If they ever get married they would be Mr. and Mrs. Mario Mario.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Princess Peach Toadstool Mario

unless Mario takes Peach's last name

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Mario Bowsette

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Mario Koopa, she's clearly still got the same last name whether she's the King or the Queen of the Koopas.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The real way to fish in BotW is Urbosa's Fury

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Please, Mr. Mario was my father. Just call me Mario.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

I would also accept XLR connections but 1/4” TRS is a very good choice

xlr pwns 1/4" also 3.5mm must die

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

B - owser
D - onkey Kong
S - amus
M - ario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_7gPLxkuc4

nice, port looks great