Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
So just in case anyone is still laughing at the name Kingo here’s the 411.
Jack Kirby, who invented the Eternals, was loving obsessed with Ancient Aliens and Space Gods. Pretty much all his solo work involves it in some way and it’s in his collaborations like Thor and Fantastic Four as well.
The Eternals whole premise is that all our Mythologies are just distorted, misremembered, misunderstood accounts cavemen passed down of the Eternals saving them from monsters and teaching them to make fire and poo poo. So all our gods and goddesses are actually corruptions of their names.
Makkari>Mercury
Thena>Athena
Phastos>Hephaestus
Zuras>Zeus

And yet, I don’t know who Kingo is supposed to be.

In short the Eternals actually sucked and the only good thing about them was the Celestials. Who were used better by other writers. New Gods is the thing to read if you want Kirby Space God stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatfuturekid
Jan 5, 2014
I just decided to randomly start "I Think You Should Leave", during my overnight shift. I feel like I am in a fever dream and I love it. Watching at 3am seems to enhance the experience.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

I wonder what went on in writers head when they decided to go from seemingly unstoppable villains from outer space to rapists.

A desire to be considered mature without the actual ability to be mature

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

galagazombie posted:

he's the King'o Kings op

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
there's this dude... i guess? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingu

he's supposed to be asian...ish though right? so.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangu?? but there could be something that is pronounced sort of like that due to there being more than one way to write a lot of chinese words and so forth in english. i dunno.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Hodgepodge posted:

i'm pretty sure mcu thanos has a sonic (yeah that sonic)

the Hedgehog?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
kingo deez nuts lmao

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

galagazombie posted:

So just in case anyone is still laughing at the name Kingo here’s the 411.
Jack Kirby, who invented the Eternals, was loving obsessed with Ancient Aliens and Space Gods. Pretty much all his solo work involves it in some way and it’s in his collaborations like Thor and Fantastic Four as well.
The Eternals whole premise is that all our Mythologies are just distorted, misremembered, misunderstood accounts cavemen passed down of the Eternals saving them from monsters and teaching them to make fire and poo poo. So all our gods and goddesses are actually corruptions of their names.
Makkari>Mercury
Thena>Athena
Phastos>Hephaestus
Zuras>Zeus

In short the Eternals actually sucked and the only good thing about them was the Celestials. Who were used better by other writers. New Gods is the thing to read if you want Kirby Space God stuff.

so i get what kirby's trying to do here, but how the gently caress can that be squared with actual factual norse god thor and odin and valhalla and poo poo. why are those gods pretty much the same as in mythology but these gods are only half remembered. god i really shouldn't be paying attention to the loving marvel canon, i already know too much about star wars and i still need space in my brain to think about capitalism

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Dammerung posted:

the Hedgehog?

allegedly a hedgehog, yes

it's also a reference to an SMG post if it still isn't making sense

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

oscarthewilde posted:

so i get what kirby's trying to do here, but how the gently caress can that be squared with actual factual norse god thor and odin and valhalla and poo poo. why are those gods pretty much the same as in mythology but these gods are only half remembered. god i really shouldn't be paying attention to the loving marvel canon, i already know too much about star wars and i still need space in my brain to think about capitalism

for it to work you have to have like zero conception of language or anthro

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kingo.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I’m have heard nothing but bad things about the Batwoman show, but the behind the scenes stuff is much, much worse. Here’s a tweet thread.

https://twitter.com/uber_kryptonian/status/1450742811641454593?s=21

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/MargaretAtwood/status/1450429768067846145?s=20

:sickos:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Equeen posted:

I’m have heard nothing but bad things about the Batwoman show, but the behind the scenes stuff is much, much worse. Here’s a tweet thread.

https://twitter.com/uber_kryptonian/status/1450742811641454593?s=21

i feel like the love letter cursive might not have been the best font to use when making allegations like this

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Chris Claremont: "that storyline is inappropriate and TRUST me I know inappropriate!"

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Hodgepodge posted:

allegedly a hedgehog, yes

it's also a reference to an SMG post if it still isn't making sense

Oh! No worries, I am pretty clueless when it comes to references, I wanted to check in. I can't see Sonic being abusive like that, he has always been honest about not wanting to be in a relationship in favor of seeing where running will take him next. He's all about speed and freedom and I can respect that!

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!

Dammerung posted:

Oh! No worries, I am pretty clueless when it comes to references, I wanted to check in. I can't see Sonic being abusive like that, he has always been honest about not wanting to be in a relationship in favor of seeing where running will take him next. He's all about speed and freedom and I can respect that!

Allow me to rend the veil before your inno introduce you to the wonder and magic of SMG

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

LEGO Genetics posted:

“I don’t know why you guys think TFA was sexless when Finn and Poe clearly have bedroom eyes going on in some scenes.”

That’s nothing more than the Hedgehog/Prower phenomenon of ostensibly adult characters engaged in prolonged and intense bouts of presexual intimacy.

FN and Poe - despite being twenty- and thirty-somethings, respectively - are several steps behind Matthew Broderick’s teen hacker in Wargames, who tentatively explores how it feels to take his shirt off in front of a girl.

For fans, the actual erotic appeal comes from the fact that

Sonic The Hedgehog does not gently caress. Ever.

He achieves full satisfaction just by staring at you with his massive hypersensitive eyes, and passionately filling his rounded belly with chilidogs. Poe and FN, likewise, will never move beyond hugging and trying on eachothers’ clothes. They have no need to.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I'm excited for #Kingo !

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Kingo Kongo

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
i just looked at the Celestials stuff and even the newish stuff kinda kicks rear end from the looks of things

f'king kingo. with the eternals kirby is not sending his best. he's sending the wr - excuse me. excuse me. with all respect with the eternals kirby was not sending his best. and s

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kingo is the dude who taught me to surf

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Kingo taught me it was okay to be weird

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Hodgepodge posted:

Allow me to rend the veil before your inno introduce you to the wonder and magic of SMG

he’s right

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
kingo kango kongo i just want to play my bongos man.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Broke: Watching Eternals on a date so I can tell my date "that's Kingo" when Kingo shows up.
Woke: finding a date who can tell me "that's Kingo" when Kingo shows up.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1450544279814868993

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lmao

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Indeed, many people are calling Free Guy the last chopper out of Saigon

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1450597629314797569

This movie rocks

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

That's loving dire

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I want the Kingo colorway on my high end Toyota

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Is Free Guy the Last Hope for Artistic Integrity?

https://twitter.com/thejoshl/status/1441833800397295616?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The only thing that comes close to my love of openly deaf superheroes is Lexus' quality products.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Kingo is based on Kinga Forrester, obviously.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
The riceternals

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

to me, free guy felt more like the last airplane out of kabul

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009

Twitter is an utter morass to search. Anyone have the 'virgin Atwood vs chad Le Guin' meme made in response to this?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Instead of comic book movies they should have movies of characters with stuff from comic books! Imagine a crime thriller where the crime lord busts out the Infinity Gauntlet in the end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/rajandelman/status/1450479497808171017?s=20