Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Bump Snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

new cspam background

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I really hate dems

https://twitter.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1442608748376190983?s=20

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

:aochloe:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Just in case this is it Bump

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

smug jeebus posted:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
from Hell's heart i stab at thee democrat party!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

uncontrollable levels of violent rhetoric in CSPAM

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
closing this thread at midnight lest it breeds the next goon stabbing or shooting someone, in this case the democrat party

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

smug jeebus posted:

uber_stoat posted:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
bump fuckers

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

frankenfreak posted:

closing this thread at midnight lest it breeds the next goon stabbing or shooting someone, in this case the democrat party

i will NOT stab or shoot the democrat party. i will however doxx it in the hopes someone SWATs it.

Here is the first of 3 drops: 430 South Capitol Street

City and then ZIP are next unless you make the next poster a moderator

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Somehow still here Bump

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I still hate them a lot

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

I think and have thought that electoralism was a dead end for positive change in this country for years but having AoC start crying to vote present to give those Israeli animals weapons really crack pinged me

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I don't think I've ever felt more... despondent? I really feel like better things just aren't possible

Bump

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
It's true, things are irredeemably bad.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
cheer up, you're not dead. yet!

bump

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Bumping from page 2

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

I dare you to not sincerely hate this trash

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Bump

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

smug jeebus posted:

Somehow still here Bump

beans lookin mf'er

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

bump

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lastgirl posted:

beans lookin mf'er

oh holy wow she does look like him.

holy poo poo.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

stare into lossy hell

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/spacetwinks/status/1450183170876448772?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
That reminds me: have any of you gotten their 2000 bidenbucks yet?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
worthless lmao

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/1453697892208701450?s=20

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tmfc posted:

stare into lossy hell

:stare:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

lmao dems suck

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

I really dislike the dems

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1454120427480027156?s=20

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Serious question: Do we hate the dems simply because they exist to perpetuate the neoliberal status quo or because we feel they should be progressives and aren't?

My feeling has always been the former but I grew up and live in a conservative area so I've never been around anyone who thinks fondly of the dems

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
depends on who “we” is. Daou was an arch Hilary stan who had a come to Jesus moment so he’s probably in the latter category. aging boomers who came up during the height of the welfare state FDR, Truman, and the Democrats built are as well, for different but overlapping reasons

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

indigi posted:

depends on who “we” is. Daou was an arch Hilary stan who had a come to Jesus moment so he’s probably in the latter category. aging boomers who came up during the height of the welfare state FDR, Truman, and the Democrats built are as well, for different but overlapping reasons

I meant "we" as us in this forum, in this thread. I can understand boomers not liking the party who decided if that you're too poor to go to college that you certainly weren't doing anything with your life that precluded you from dying in Vietnam for empire. I guess I've just never thought they were, could, or should be progressive so I've always hated them along with hating republicans but I get the feeling the younger people in the ranks (post-Reagan? post-Clinton? idk) want or expect more from the dems in a way that just seems so foreign to me given they have no living connection to FDR or even LBJ.

I've never been able to figure out if this is generational, geographic, affluence or privilege-based, or what. Is it really as simple as "There can only be two parties and conservatives are definitionally evil and right now conservatives align with the republicans so the democrats must be good"?

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1454176249132224521?s=20

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1454113220696977409?s=20

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1454098106455367689?s=20

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

LastInLine posted:

Serious question: Do we hate the dems simply because they exist to perpetuate the neoliberal status quo or because we feel they should be progressives and aren't?

My feeling has always been the former but I grew up and live in a conservative area so I've never been around anyone who thinks fondly of the dems
I still remember there was a lot of plausible deniability for the Democrats even after Bill Clinton but before Obama; with the (now discredited) theory was that the liberal project and Democratic Party would pursue more transformative domestic legislation if they were given a good hand. Bill Clinton's right wing policies could be rationalized by him having a bad hand. The Dems did raise the minimum wage under Bush, and the contradictions of the Obama era didn't have to be wrestled with yet.

It took the '08 meltdown, an impending climate apocalypse, Obama, and liberals twice murdering milquetoast social democracy (despite broad enthusiasm) to kill the remaining illusions.

Echo Chamber has issued a correction as of 09:18 on Oct 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
listen fat, this is the most progressive administration since fdr:

- cancel student loan debt
- $15 min wage
- paid family leave
- medicare coverage of dental, vision and hearing
- closing the camps at the border and rehoming migrant kids
- permanent expansion of the CTC
- free college
- free community college
- a rushed lovely withdrawal from Afghanistan 🇦🇫!!

vote!

lmbo