Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

lmao

not political but auctioneer adjacent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbKqJ8tOB-c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNBOO_ggypg

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.

Was I supposed to start dancing?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
he sure has an interesting tie on

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

completely forgot about this absolute lunacy

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1450518708561055748?s=21

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

did it work?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

you tell me — is trump still president? QED

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://i.imgur.com/4rHeIqI.mp4

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
mayo pete onstage in front of his husband saying ‘yeah if I could take meds not to be gay I would’

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Kitfox88 posted:

mayo pete onstage in front of his husband saying ‘yeah if I could take meds not to be gay I would’

I gotta say, not many politicians will just go out there and tell you that there was a magic potion to make them more electable they'd shotgun it before you finished listing the side-effects.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Kitfox88 posted:

really not defending the lil homie gayass but im pretty sure he said something like he remembered feeling that way in high school which isn't really the same thing??

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

when someone in the pics thread thought farrakhan was OJ lmfao

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

who dis? macron?

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

DesertIslandHermit posted:

She even recorded video of her monitor deleting letters lmao

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1450157231278739460

Is that the same lady who was an Obama Boner Truther?

If not, the fact that "Obama Boner Truther" is a description of a real person is funny politics poo poo I just remembered.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

camoseven posted:

who dis? macron?

You can act like a clown, but today it’s the ‘Marseillaise’ and the ‘Partisans Song’ we’re singing. You address me as Monsieur le President of the Republic or Sir

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

ArmZ posted:

when someone in the pics thread thought farrakhan was OJ lmfao

IF YAKUB DID IT

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

remember how a random qanon guy straight up murdered a mid tier crime boss outta nowhere last year. lmfao

he was not mid tier, he was one of the big bosses for the mafia.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
"Completely deranged wacko with no concern for their own wellbeing running up and just ending a guy" has been a problem for powerful dudes throughout history and only with modern bodyguarding on the level of what bezos or the president has really seems to stop it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

camoseven posted:

who dis? macron?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

lol he'd be murdered by the SS in this country

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Yeah, as an american, I'm continually surprised other heads of state, or even powerful people in general, ever go outside without security forces controlling the entire scene and any 'real life interaction' with the proles is carefully screened and/or just uses hired actors who never ever go off-narrative.

Why would you not hermetically seal yourself off from any but the most dedicated, prescreened followers and your aides and bodyguards and then have your staff photoshop and arrange shots to make it look like you're a man/woman of the people?

We have entire sections of cities and highways shut down when the president just drives through.

Ronwayne has issued a correction as of 05:40 on Oct 20, 2021

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

what the gently caress

is that BD Wong, Noah Wylie... Moby?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Ronwayne posted:

"Completely deranged wacko with no concern for their own wellbeing running up and just ending a guy" has been a problem for powerful dudes throughout history and only with modern bodyguarding on the level of what bezos or the president has really seems to stop it.

I just don’t think this is a drive people have anymore. it’s not like Kennedy or Franz Ferdinand didn’t have dozens of highly security agents with them when they got popped

e: actually I rescind my opinion cause I remembered Gabby Giffords and the dude who got shot in the nuts at a congressional softball game

indigi has issued a correction as of 16:11 on Oct 20, 2021

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

indigi posted:

I just don’t think this is a drive people have anymore. it’s not like Kennedy or Franz Ferdinand didn’t have dozens of highly security agents with them when they got popped

e: actually I rescind my opinion cause I remembered Gabby Giffords and the dude who got shot in the nuts at a congressional softball game

steve scalise got his nuts blown off playing softball.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

indigi posted:

it’s not like Kennedy or Franz Ferdinand didn’t have dozens of highly trained security agents with them when they got popped

hmmmm
HMMMMMM

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

hmmmm
HMMMMMM

Completely aside from the being-an-inside-job thing, eventually they decided driving around crowds in open motorcades was a bad idea.

chairface posted:

Pop fly

Ronwayne has issued a correction as of 16:38 on Oct 20, 2021

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

chairface posted:

they took him outta the ball game

CURIOSITY OF GEESE
Jan 29, 2009

My favorite meat is hot dog, by the way. That is my favorite meat. My second favorite meat is hamburger. And, everyone says, oh, don’t you prefer steak? It’s like, I know steaks are great, but I like hot dog best, and I like hamburger next best.

chairface posted:

world record for blood loss

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Trump Administration fully dismantling the Post Office and Public Education and the Biden administration replacing it with nothing lmao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Tesseraction posted:

they took him outta the ball game

Goodbye: his peanuts and crackerjacks

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

was wearing my hair and oh poo poo

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

ALFbrot posted:

Every time I see a picture of Laura Loomer I freak out a little. It's like her skull just keeps growing, bit by bit, and it's straining against the skin, pulling it tauter and tauter, until one day it will finally break the surface and escape

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

1993????

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
My funny politics thing I'm remembering today is pretty much all the times a single moment of scab incompetence or psychosis instantly ended a strike. Sometimes it's not funny- scabs seem to end their own strikes by murdering union activists somewhat regularly. Sometimes, though, sometimes:

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

If I recall correctly, liberal protesters went after some electors in 2016 before the Safe Harbour deadline and demanded they do not choose Trump. Of course Hillary conceded long before this, so the energy was low. Still a fascinating case of how interpretations of election processes get warped easily depending on who it benefits.

Whereas in 2020 Trump never conceded, but there was widespread belief among the right that the lawsuits will succeed, it was only after Christmas or so that their panic began and thus more... direct... methods were applied by the right.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
nothing to me sums up the current right-wing more than this video: an alt-right guy on the verge of crying, pleading that he only wanted to make friends with his pepe posters while an oathkeeper wearing oakly sunglasses and tactical camo gloves puts him in a headlock suddenly. Fittingly, the video ends with the leader of the fake militia proudly introducing a cop to the crowd as a trusted friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF8rMGJWnLo

DMCrimson has issued a correction as of 21:24 on Oct 20, 2021

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

HORROR OF GEESE posted:

world record for blood loss

Trump on stage with Scalise saying getting his dick and balls shot off is "a hell of a way to lose weight"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Tirade posted:

Trump on stage with Scalise saying getting his dick and balls shot off is "a hell of a way to lose weight"

Trump should do stand-up

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Hillary Clinton accidentally coining the phrase "Fake News."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Ronwayne posted:

Yeah, as an american, I'm continually surprised other heads of state, or even powerful people in general, ever go outside without security forces controlling the entire scene and any 'real life interaction' with the proles is carefully screened and/or just uses hired actors who never ever go off-narrative.

Why would you not hermetically seal yourself off from any but the most dedicated, prescreened followers and your aides and bodyguards and then have your staff photoshop and arrange shots to make it look like you're a man/woman of the people?

We have entire sections of cities and highways shut down when the president just drives through.

well there are fewer guns in places that aren't america so that helps. Justin Trudeau was pelted with gravel this past campaign and I don't think the cops got anyone for it.

we've also had prime ministers who can handle themselves: