Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I do think the nfl will eventually suspend him. I don’t think it’ll be a long suspension but just enough for them to continue operating under the thinnest veneer of giving a gently caress about sexual assault. They’ll do something just to say they did something. Meanwhile another rich sex pest will get off virtually scot free bc this is a garbage broken country.

Honestly it’d be less despicable if it was just football but it’s become abundantly clear that being wealthy and famous enough insulates you from virtually all consequences

Sorry to phins fans. Somehow your organization is leaping at the chance to make the Texans look less disgusting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

off-field stuff

https://twitter.com/uSTADIUM/status/1450921204869648386?s=20

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1450904319306387464

look how far Calais Campbell (#93) throws #79 lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Sure there were the many many many many many sexual assaults he committed, but have you seen him scramble for a first down??

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not saying that. The reason I used Trump is he is also a rapist that a large number of people look the other way in their support of him.

while true, the Biden thing basically got the other half of politically involved folks to overlook more sexpestery. it’s poo poo the whole way down now

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Brace yourselves. A lot more of this poo poo is coming. There are gonna be some scorching hot takes.

I will note, I HOPE that I am wrong about the NFL's current inaction and potential future action. I want to be wrong so bad, but I don't think I am.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

while true, the Biden thing basically got the other half of politically involved folks to overlook more sexpestery. it’s poo poo the whole way down now

Therein lies the problem - not enough people care on the whole for it to matter. Think about the primary consumers of NFL football and that demographic's general stance toward women suing a rapist for money.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not saying that. The reason I used Trump is he is also a rapist that a large number of people look the other way in their support of him.

I know you're not saying it. I'm saying it

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I'm sure sending a serial rapist to Miami won't have any unexpected consequences.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm sure sending a serial rapist to Miami won't have any unexpected consequences.

The NFL finally takes action against Watson in 2025 after he finally gets arrested by Miami PD for an assault. In a statement they said "who could have possibly seen this coming?"

e: After a lengthy court case the SCoFL rules in favor of Watson and the case is dismissed. The woman who was assaulted is sent a bill for fees and costs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Ok this is funny:

https://twitter.com/CotyDavis_24/status/1450921396385853447

e: also should we collapse this chat into the dedicated thread or just keep it in the N/V?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ok this is funny:

e: also should we collapse this chat into the dedicated thread or just keep it in the N/V?

Lmao if Washington finds a way to get involved in this shitstorm while supposedly being focused on cleaning up the organization

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Tua to Washington suggests the Texans are happy with Davis Mills. Wow. Also, the 2022 QB class looks like dogshit.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I do not blame you, and I hope there are enough people like you for things to matter.

I'm highly skeptical, though. What's the venn diagram of dolphins fans and trump supporters?

The same as every other nfl team. This is kinda dumb.

Now, if you want to be disgusted, just watch how quickly folks raise concern with it, and eventually crawl back.

This trade is so stupid from every conceivable angle. gently caress.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Yeah, Tua being part of that trade and NOT ending up Houston is really odd.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

wandler20 posted:

Tua to Washington suggests the Texans are happy with Davis Mills. Wow. Also, the 2022 QB class looks like dogshit.

Not really with the Texans being just empty on talent. They're going to suck again next year.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Putting someone made out of glass with his history of leg injuries on that field in Washington should be considered a war crime

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It'll be funny if Miami sacrifices their moral standing (lol) for Watson and still end up sucking.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Not really with the Texans being just empty on talent. They're going to suck again next year.

Oh they're gonna suck for a while but Tua is certainly a better option at QB than Mills or any QB in the 2022 class. I guess the thought process is to sacrifice Mills for whoever is the top QB in 2023?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
This is good timing by Miami to make this move now when, more than likely, another shoe or two will drop with the WFT and email poo poo and make people forget about it

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trade for a loving LT

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Oh they're gonna suck for a while but Tua is certainly a better option at QB than Mills or any QB in the 2022 class. I guess the thought process is to sacrifice Mills for whoever is the top QB in 2023?

My exact thought. They're getting at least 3 drafts from Miami and possibly a 1st or 2 from Washington via miami. Plenty of ammo to trade up if they don't suck

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/1450922913264193541?s=20

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
It will make a villain out of the Dolphins that Josh Allen can defeat with the power of goodness!

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm highly skeptical, though. What's the venn diagram of dolphins fans and trump supporters?

Not sure. What's the venn diagram of aquatic creatures and Dolphins fans? I bet alot right???

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Mystic Stylez posted:

https://twitter.com/abukari/status/1450904319306387464

look how far Calais Campbell (#93) throws #79 lol

lol 79 takes out two other players like they’re bowling pins

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

SKULL.GIF posted:

It'll be funny if Miami sacrifices their moral standing (lol) for Watson and still end up sucking.

With that OL it doesn't matter who you put at QB if you can't protect him at all

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

Like I've been saying, I know we all cheer for some unsavory characters on Sundays but this is too far for me.

As soon as this deal happens I'm done until the franchise changes hands.

Join Chris Cote.

Bolt Fam welcomes you

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm muted in the discord and they're talking about the Dolphins not having a first rounder and I've never been more triggered in my life.

They have a first round pick, they just don't have their first round pick, you people are monsters and I hate you all.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/NFLFilms/status/1450911623435141121?t=0Ohc2qjk1K7qx8i5VxiNzQ&s=19

McPhee sounds legitimately crazed. Playing in the NFL is such a weird job.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Ok this is funny:

Deshaun Watson firing up rubmaps dot com and clicking on "Florida"

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm muted in the discord and they're talking about the Dolphins not having a first rounder and I've never been more triggered in my life.

They have a first round pick, they just don't have their first round pick, you people are monsters and I hate you all.

lmao

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

sharknado slashfic posted:

Deshaun Watson firing up rubmaps dot com and clicking on "Florida"

All he has to do is text Kraft

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mr. Nice! posted:

can't stop this train, cowboy

Mr. Funktastic posted:

With that OL it doesn't matter who you put at QB if you can't protect him at all

Watson is actually one of the few people who could turn that piss into lemonade actually

just like he turns masseuses into victims of sexual assault

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nobody wants Tua

https://twitter.com/mikeklis/status/1450926373653004291

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FWIW

https://twitter.com/Marcel_LJ/status/1450939137524178950?s=20

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

As somebody who likes to qualify literally anything they say, That's a pretty weak qualification.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nobody

https://twitter.com/Sam4TR/status/1450940984892829697

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I’m reporting that John Elway called him “Pua” and asked if Miami had a 6’8” white guy they’d be willing to trade.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

wandler20 posted:

The 2022 QB Class is as follows:

Matt Corral
Malik Willis
30 dice rolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

So Texans beat guy was acting as a mouthpiece to drum up bids before the deadline?