Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Kitfox88 posted:

Do another clips4sale the first was one of my favorite episodes the second one focusing on food I actually could not get through because it was making me ill

My one aborted attempt at a doc was going to be called "The Politics of Clips4Sale", where I'd search politics-related keywords in hopes of finding cases of weird political interjections and rants in C4S descriptions. Sadly, it didn't bring up much except for, like, one clip that was something like "Hillary Fucks Trump at Debate" and an ocean of soul-crushing raceplay stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

My one aborted attempt at a doc was going to be called "The Politics of Clips4Sale", where I'd search politics-related keywords in hopes of finding cases of weird political interjections and rants in C4S descriptions. Sadly, it didn't bring up much except for, like, one clip that was something like "Hillary Fucks Trump at Debate" and an ocean of soul-crushing raceplay stuff.

I have never been more bummed that a topic didn't work out.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
GameFAQs has politics message boards. When I toyed with making a doc, I was thorougly disappointed by how centre-left and inane the posters were.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Politics stuff is either "guy who doesn't know who the president is," "D&D Guy," or "Nazi furries" and there is no middle ground

The conservapedia episode and bonus remain excellent episodes however

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

LanceHunter posted:

We weep at the lost potential.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Skanker posted:

GameFAQs has politics message boards. When I toyed with making a doc, I was thorougly disappointed by how centre-left and inane the posters were.

I too did this and yea was also very sad to find most of the threads I saw that seemed fun were just generic 'Joe Biden seems like he'll restore dignity to the office unlike THE drat CHEETO' lib poo poo with maybe one guy being all 'actually I want to do a literal hate crime because minorities scare me' before being rightfully told to gently caress off, which isn't really funny at all!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah, basically it's either basic liberal stuff or gamergate he man woman haters club in the gaming communities, it feels like. :shrug:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea and none of the gamergatey remnants were the fun "A FEMALE IS A PATHS DUCK" kind of rants just 'I want harm to come to women because they don't gently caress me' poo poo.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

Politics can be funny but on the F Plus it's usually funny when it's slammed headlong into something else, like reading a Sims machinima theoretical webcomic creator's screed about his gay villain who licks people to give them AIDS.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Retro politics stuff seems safer die to distance if not in content per se. ya gotta find the cranks who though Goldwater was a commie or something

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

reads description about crushing ants
"Oh hi Ron Paul!"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Djeser posted:

Politics can be funny but on the F Plus it's usually funny when it's slammed headlong into something else, like reading a Sims machinima theoretical webcomic creator's screed about his gay villain who licks people to give them AIDS.

God I completely loving forgot about that part of the episode, I always divert right back to Stationary Voyagers

edit: v my bad thank you i used the wrong one cause i'm not as enlightened as that brave christian warrior

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 7, 2021

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Stationery. It's a very important distinction.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Stationary Warriors would be pretty fun too though

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
That would be The Bison

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

It's called a goonmeet

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I don't remember who said it, but my favorite bit of stationery voyagers is one of the ridiculists guessing the purple one was a minority stand-in and immediately being proven right.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit is getting ghosted by their boyfriend.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
F+ 361: Night of the Blood Sorceress

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
what a ghoulishly rich content day

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Late to this but it's good to see Mistress Cagliastro trying to rehome the doll from Squid Game

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I liked that we got to hear about that guy’s succubus and his sexual areas again.

edit: wait this was the most recent extra credit not the most recent fplus. in my defense both are :spooky:

Kitfox88 fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 15, 2021

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
New episode is up, about a dude with a fetish for perms: https://thefpl.us/episode/362

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
SAME JOKE

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm relistening to the World Building and the Hatsunia episodes and the stupidity of the Hatsunia history rewrite hit me harder than usual.

Japan attacked the US to gain control of the Philippines in order to preserve its access to the Dutch East Indies and the oil fields there.

Did China still attack the Philipines? Did Hatsunia sign a defense treaty with the US that the US opted to respect in full? Why would China have to attack the Philippines if it could already count on Axis control of the Allies' Southeast Asian colonies? And going back to an earlier bit, the rising sound stuff doesn't make sense either. Sound from Earth doesn't stop moving around just because the lights are off. And I don't know if there's ever been a sound in human history that was made in one place and was heard throughout the entire world later just by traveling as sound waves!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
That was an infuriating episode

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

RandomPauI posted:

And I don't know if there's ever been a sound in human history that was made in one place and was heard throughout the entire world later just by traveling as sound waves!

The sound wave from the explosion of Krakatoa was detected by instruments circling around the world four times before dissipating. it wasn't audible o human ears past the initial several thousand miles, though. There's certainly been no louder noise than that.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

ShellGame, I for one enjoyed your "the Blue Tax" joke.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Stroop There It Is posted:

ShellGame, I for one enjoyed your "the Blue Tax" joke.

THANK you. Portaxx and I need all the help we can get with these jokesters!

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I don't know, it was a new joke and I think I prefer same joke.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Blue tax was interesting, but I hadn't heard it before. I need the comfort and familiarity of the same joke over and over.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm doing a doc of bad, vintage Star Trek fan fiction, 1996 to 2014. I started with a longer piece, cutting it down from 7k words to 3400 words. That's about 12 minutes worth of content when read out loud. I can see it getting omitted entirely, but there are a few lines that I think are really noteworthy. Ones that could at least make it to the intro segment. Should I highlight them or?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I found the vegetale fanfic section of the internet today and am feeling a doc coming on...

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I liked the same joke joke, it was a very silly episode, which was unusual for a fetish ep.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

ewe2 posted:

I liked the same joke joke, it was a very silly episode, which was unusual for a fetish ep.

I think it was because every single blog post kept reiterating the core conceit of the fetish.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The chip on his shoulder about catfishing was the funniest part to me. Fakers playing games!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The chip on his shoulder about catfishing was the funniest part to me. Fakers playing games!

yea that was good, I shared the reader confusion if he was mad at trans women or just mad at the ~I'm totally a woman and perms get my...vargina...super...hot?~ type posts that every fetish gets.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Lumbermouth posted:

I think it was because every single blog post kept reiterating the core conceit of the fetish.

I mean that's :thejoke: about fetish sites, there's a sameness to a lot of the posting because its always predictable, that's why I appreciated it. I think they went through the other side of ugh to silly because the style suggested it. That's the talent of EC and Fplus to not simply dramatize the words but to give us a possible mind-picture of the people writing such things. Now I won't be able to get the vision of pervy Dutch people with webcams telling each other their perm rollers are hornier than each others out of my brain. The detail like webcams are the things that you can't forget. The loving webcams. No messenger.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I love the inevitable point in nearly every fplus episode where Sonic appears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Sonic is real and DTF