Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

The Lost Gig short was fun until Vicious dragged it into bad game cutscene territory. So basically all the fun will come out of doing its own thing and not being a shot by shot remake of the animu

i'd like to preface this post by saying i love cowboy bebop and it's one of my all time faves,
but,
i never really liked vicious too much and always felt like he didn't fit the tone of the show and was too anime for the anime and i feel like it's going to be even worse in the netflix show
apologies for the warm take please don't downvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Vicious isn't a compelling character on his own but he does work on a symbolic level of the angry, pathetic, edgy past that everyone lives through and hopefully learns to move past. He's only important in how he reflects Spike's past and how Spike never really moved on because Vicious keeps pulling him back in.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vicious is also only in like five episodes of the show, and four of those are two-parters. I get why they're centering him in some of the marketing because he's so central to Spike but if he's not actually in it that much it'd make a lot of sense.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Willo567 posted:

i dont get it
you ever watch space ghost coast 2 coast

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

homeless snail posted:

you ever watch space ghost coast 2 coast

i never saw it - whenever i stayed up to watch adult swim id just watch home movies, futurama and athf.

i actually thought nametab was referencing the former mod of adtrw

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Nametab is Bateman backwards

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i wish i could say everyone should watch SGC2C but i feel like a huge part of what makes that show special is that you stagger onto it at 12:30 when you're supposed to be asleep and now this is happening to you

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

DoubleDonut posted:

Nametab is Bateman backwards

nametag is gateman backwards

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

Vicious is also only in like five episodes of the show, and four of those are two-parters. I get why they're centering him in some of the marketing because he's so central to Spike but if he's not actually in it that much it'd make a lot of sense.

Consider how moriarty is treated in Sherlock Holmes adaptations when he's only in two of the short stories

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Strange Quark posted:

Consider how moriarty is treated in Sherlock Holmes adaptations when he's only in two of the short stories

Fair point.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
im done thinking about live action bebop

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol I forgot the forum had that truck background

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Everything Burrito posted:

lol I forgot the forum had that truck background
I wish it changed every season.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Patware posted:

i wish i could say everyone should watch SGC2C but i feel like a huge part of what makes that show special is that you stagger onto it at 12:30 when you're supposed to be asleep and now this is happening to you

You can replicate that experience with HBO Max by drunkenly browsing the Adult Swim tab late at night.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

moriarty ftw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Its hosed there's still, no night mode background

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The Colonel posted:

im gonna watch it and you cant stop me

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Willo567 posted:

i never saw it - whenever i stayed up to watch adult swim id just watch home movies, futurama and athf.

i actually thought nametab was referencing the former mod of adtrw

He was making a tortured reference to the former mod, who once posted about how Gurren Lagann made him cry.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ok

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Strange Quark posted:

The NAPOLEON OF CRIME?!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

He was making a tortured reference to the former mod, who once posted about how Gurren Lagann made him cry.
no im pretty sure he was talking about the cartoon character

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1450937498461515782?t=ki630DwxCs_kZwrSz-cgfA&s=19

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFN5K-iAyV0

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Willo567 posted:

i dont get it

GorfZaplen posted:

Gorf is correct, its not that tortured tho

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

https://imgur.com/U25347i

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That's incredibly tame compared to Matoi Ryuko's meltdown.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Matoi didnt cry to anime tho, because he did not watch any

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

owl day had other reasons to cry

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i also cried at gurren lagann

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

kamina no...

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

The Colonel posted:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

El Burbo posted:

kamina no...

simons giga drill break

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Patware posted:

i have only begun to think about live action bebop

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's weird to establish that it's a sin to cry because of an anime

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i WILL cry at any anim dont doubt me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it is a sin

a casshern sins, ep 12

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the last anime that made me cry was King of the Hill the episode where Hanks bbq breaks right before the holiday weekend and he isnt able to do the big bbq for everyone gently caress im tearing uip just thinking about it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aurora posted:

it's weird to establish that it's a sin to cry because of an anime

I don't make the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
She and Her Cat - Everything Flows made me cry, but that may be due to the fact I had my own black cat euthanized not three months earlier. :smith: