Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

Beastie posted:

I don’t recall if it’s this page or the previous one, but someone was asking about Marcia and Joe.

Seth states in 795 (episode where he introduces Max) that Marcia and Joe are indeed divorced.

He also introduces his sister Justice.

That was me! Thanks for the info.

I bet Joe Romatelli is a blast to hang out with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/rickporter/status/1441466455673901066?s=19

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i hope seth gets the role he was born to play: john larroquette's son

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Pander to the UYD fans, do an episode where Seth guest stars as a guy claiming to be Dan Fielding's long-lost son from a one night stand when he was a young stud. It sets up a story where Dan has to reckon with his past behavior and take stock of how he's lived his life. End of the episode, it's revealed that Seth is just a con artist who was trying to extort him, Fielding breathes a sigh of relief. Cue Jonathan showing up looking like Jonathan and pulling the same "Dad...it's me, your son" routine, Papa Larroquette rolls his eyes and says "You gotta do better than that, pal, at least the other guy looked like me," laugh track, roll credits.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

JethroMcB posted:

Pander to the UYD fans, do an episode where Seth guest stars as a guy claiming to be Dan Fielding's long-lost son from a one night stand when he was a young stud. It sets up a story where Dan has to reckon with his past behavior and take stock of how he's lived his life. End of the episode, it's revealed that Seth is just a con artist who was trying to extort him, Fielding breathes a sigh of relief. Cue Jonathan showing up looking like Jonathan and pulling the same "Dad...it's me, your son" routine, Papa Larroquette rolls his eyes and says "You gotta do better than that, pal, at least the other guy looked like me," laugh track, roll credits.

That made me do a belly laugh. Ahh it's perfect.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Alaois posted:

Lmao

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

JethroMcB posted:

Yes

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Alaois posted:

JethroMcB posted:

haha yes

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

JethroMcB posted:

This is the greatest thing

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

774: Jah gets his chance to be an every day hero when he gets his first call on the “help a blind person app”

Seth immediately is pissed as the guy does not say thank you and then later jumps to the conclusion that Jonathan helped a blind robber

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beastie posted:

774: Jah gets his chance to be an every day hero when he gets his first call on the “help a blind person app”

I forgot all about this saga or the app even existing until I read this post a day or two ago...and now I just got an unsolicited email at work from Be My Eyes :tinfoil:

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

JethroMcB posted:

Yessssssss

Leo
Oct 25, 2005

Over a month without a new episode is killing me

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I haven't listened to a new ep for quite a few months. For some reason I thought it was seth that had moved house and not J.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Jippa posted:

I haven't listened to a new ep for quite a few months. For some reason I thought it was seth that had moved house and not J.

Seth did move into his girlfriend's house

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld posted:

Seth did move into his girlfriend's house

Oh I see.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Praise the lord, we have a new one (and it's great). 883 up on the Patreon too btw (ed: just dropped the podcast for this one too).

"You can't say kidsnatcher... child enthusiast"

Lol, as referenced in 882:

GraPar fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 1, 2021

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

https://twitter.com/dappergander/status/1444352176286011393

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

GraPar posted:

Amazing

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

GraPar posted:

It's under Lucite

oshuaj
Jul 25, 2007

Anyone itt going to the Milwaukee show? Been listening since 08 and this will be my first time seeing them live.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

oshuaj posted:

Anyone itt going to the Milwaukee show? Been listening since 08 and this will be my first time seeing them live.

I am now considering it

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

404: After Seth introduces a story on Mississippi prisons ending the practice of conjugal visits, Jonathan stumbles into a completely coherent and empathetic criticism of mass incarceration and the social conditions upon which it is predicated, but proceeds to suggest that a remedy might be to have "for-profit plantations" where the inmates "make tote bags for UYD".

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

404: After Seth introduces a story on Mississippi prisons ending the practice of conjugal visits, Jonathan stumbles into a completely coherent and empathetic criticism of mass incarceration and the social conditions upon which it is predicated, but proceeds to suggest that a remedy might be to have "for-profit plantations" where the inmates "make tote bags for UYD".

lol

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Is anyone else having issues with the vault loading episodes? I get permission with the Patreon username and password, but episodes do not load past that first initial 100 or so, 684-586. It has been happening for a few weeks now. Any other alternative for the older eps?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

clopping and cumming posted:

Is anyone else having issues with the vault loading episodes? I get permission with the Patreon username and password, but episodes do not load past that first initial 100 or so, 684-586. It has been happening for a few weeks now. Any other alternative for the older eps?

I think Jonathon spoke about it in the last ep, they're working on it.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
This story made me think of UYD.

https://news.sky.com/story/utah-cyclist-died-after-accidentally-being-run-over-three-times-by-driver-12439149

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Yeah the vault is better, but I still can’t get down lower than 400’s

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

This combines the horror of pedal error with the morbid astonishment in the story about the woman who hit 38 sheep.

Doof. Doof. Doofdoofdoof.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

This combines the horror of pedal error with the morbid astonishment in the story about the woman who hit 38 sheep.

Doof. Doof. Doofdoofdoof.

I play this bit for people a lot.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HK1FKXmdrs

One of my favorite bits

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
That clip linked me back to this one, which is one of my favourites.

https://youtu.be/4Z_tUxghWeA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

everyone loved pierre, and his big dick

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Ages ago a goon posted a link to a private podcast feed of UYD back eps. Is that still up?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I went back and found this, is this anything?

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Also I made a Python script to turn those Vault links into an RSS feed.

Also pocket casts has every episode up until 120 I think. I keep up using the normal podcast app on my phone and use pocket casts to listen to the ones going back.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAHeQemsSf0

lmao

Cold Milk Bottle
Nov 19, 2012
Definitely have spent time trying to figure out who this guy was

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
886 (video) is so good. Seth correctly predicting that Last Duel would bomb.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I was just listening to ep 186. Seth's mum goes to an electronics store in the mall in haverhill to get an ipod to listen to the show. The guy finds the uyd web site and loads up a video and she hears seth's voice saying "I want to gently caress my father" (doing a craig's house bit).

:lol:

Also in that ep, J posits "what if I was a huge black dude".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I went back and found this, is this anything?
Haven't updated this in forever but ran it, still works for me -- looking at the HTML it scraped it's got the episodes going back to #1 so idk if the issue people were having was an intermittent problem I happened to miss, or maybe the data is all there but it's an issue with the way the page is being rendered. Didn't bother to rebuild my RSS file but the one I made with this script like a year+ ago still works fine.

Link here, Python 3.6+ with a few dependencies, feel free to PM with any q's.

e: 886: "How much do you think Taco Bob makes in a year?"

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 25, 2021