Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

spouse posted:

Proposed to my (30) GF (35) with a World of Warcraft ring that has the WoW Insignia on it and I've lost her ever since and need her back.

Zug Zug :thumbsup:
There is no clarification anywhere here that they have ever met in person

I don't think they have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What a loving loser still using WoW themed jewelry instead of FFXIV themed jewelry

Hell you can but the FFXIII Engagement Pendant too if you want your marriage to be hastily put together 8 months before the date.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I know she saw my amulet of mara, but she just said she had to take a massive poo poo and left

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Kenshin posted:

There is no clarification anywhere here that they have ever met in person

I take "We finally met up and" to mean they met in person.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

I take "We finally met up and" to mean they met in person.

Oh jeez, I actually missed those words. Saw everything else around it and assumed they'd literally never met in person!

Which actually does make the ring that much sadder since it's a real physical object and he's not proposing in WoW

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Barudak posted:

What a loving loser still using WoW themed jewelry instead of FFXIV themed jewelry

Hell you can but the FFXIII Engagement Pendant too if you want your marriage to be hastily put together 8 months before the date.

My (21F) boyfriend (38M) proposed to a bunny girl in game, but won't propose to me

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

r/relationships: she was so endearingly spazzy

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

spouse posted:

I had a question about this situation, though I feel I already know the answer. I have next to no experience with the legal system beyond traffic violations. When the cops pick her up for escaping court ordered rehab, will the court most likely send her back to rehab and *then* prison for the violation, or just straight to prison?

Also, her sister getting into drugs is very likely because she had to play Anna and never got to be Elsa when they played Frozen. This is all OP's fault.

Count yourself lucky: like they say in "Judge Dredd," it's a meat grinder. Keep clear of it if at all possible. The process is something like this:

Longpost of american criminal justice stuff, spoilered for length.
Since the cops took her alive, she will be going first to jail for processing. There, she will be held and interrogated and either her parents will pay for a private lawyer, or the cops will assign her a public defender who will tell her to plead guilty.

Then she will go before a judge where she will be either remanded (not let out of jail until trial date) or he'll quote her an extortionate amount of cash bail. If her parents don't want her to rot in jail until her official trial date (which can be months or years,) they can either pay the sum themselves if they are very wealthy and have any money left from paying the lawyer (which is tens of thousands for even simple stuff like this) they can pay the ransom and take her home, hoping she doesn't scamper off to do more meth before her trial date.

If she does flee from her parents' recognizance and doesn't show up for the trial date, the court keeps all the money. If she does show up, the court gives it back to the parents (or is supposed to, anyway, after stealing some for fees).

If the parents can't afford the bail, they'll go to a bail bondsman and he will pay the bail for him and they will pay 10% of the bail amount to him. If the daughter doesn't show up for the court date, he will dispatch bounty hunters to find her so he does not lose the bail amount to the court.

Escaping court ordered rehab on its own probably isn't an especially serious crime so won't have that severe of a sentence associated with it. Since the cops took her alive, I assume the daughter is white, so the legal system will go as easy on her as it ever does on anyone. What's probably at play though is if the court forced her to go to rehab, it was probably in lieu of sending her to prison for a more serious drug-related crime she got caught committing, like burgling houses to steal tvs to sell to buy meth or something, so her not going to rehab is probably a parole violation, which will probably get you a year or two back in prison, especially if it's not her first time pulling this kind of poo poo.

Aside from that, she might well have had some meth on her so might get sentenced for minor possession (3-8 years) or depending on the amount/how much the cops want to pad their numbers, intent to distribute (a shitload more years) plus whatever other ancillary fake crimes they want to tack on (resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, etc).

The prosecutor will pad out the list of crimes as much as they can for haggling purposes and pin most but not all of it on the sister, especially if she's stuck with a public defender, who will always tell her to plead guilty and take whatever poo poo deal his coworkers in the prosecutor's office are offering, trying to scare her away from risking a jury trial because if she opts for that, she's risking being convicted of 100% of the charges and not just some of them, plus it will take a lot longer.

If she takes the deal, she signs a form and goes to prison for x amount of time. Depending on the terms, she may be eligible for early release and/or parole, but if she is a habitual parole violator, this harms her odds considerably.

If she goes to trial, she'll spend however many months or years the trial takes in jail if no one was able to pay the bail, or at home if they were and she doesn't run or go back to committing crimes and getting caught. If she wins, that's that, she moves on with her life. If she loses, she goes to prison for a very long time.

Once she's in the prison, if she's very lucky, there will be rehab programs inside the facility which she can get into if she has good behavior and there is a spot (and if the people running the prison feel like letting her in ofc) but even if all these things align, these programs are usually not free; prisons will charge the inmate and/or their families a lot of money to pay for the counselor to come and tell her to not do drugs, and if they can't pay then she doesn't get to do the program.

I do not see any likely path to her being told to go back to rehab instead of prison, especially if they found meth on her.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Frozen 1 came out 9 years ago so that is a hell of a speedrun to burn out everyone in your family to the point where they're like "good thing your sister tricked you into getting arrested again". Ordering the pizza is just to assuage the sisters guilt, but yeah, like Invisible Clergy said above she is not about to have a good time.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Aita for pawning cards?

quote:

My fiance of 3yrs is widowed. She plays this game called Magic the Gathering. She's really into it and won't let anyone forget that the card game is how she met her late husband. I wouldn't mind this so much, but the amount of time, space, money, and attention she puts into this game is ridiculous. Seems like new cards come out all the time and she always takes the kids to the store and racks up hundreds in cards. Her eldest seems to also be into it now and she won't stop talking about how his father was "the best" which makes me roll my eyes. It's literally a child's game with fantasy fairytale characters. It is embarrassing.

Once I picked her up from a night at the store and saw she was the only female there. It makes me upset that she's having fun with other men. The basement she has is filled with totes with these cards she never touches, but won't get rid of. She finally agreed to thin some of them out was able to sort through the ones she wanted and put some aside to sell. I came across this huge box and she freaked out. Told me she'd never sell it as it was her former husband's cards and she was saving those for the kids. I told her to just get rid of her husband's tote if she's not going to touch it and she got pissed. She got more mad when I told her she needs to grow up and move on. This isn't normal the amount of stuff she has for a game nobody has heard of.

It is obvious she has some weird obsession, she wants attention from the men at the store, and she needs therapy. It's also sad her son is into it. He should he a normal kid playing sports or video games. She left for work next day and I was upset. I talked to some friends and they said to just donate them since she'd never notice, it'd give me space, and maybe it'd give her some clarity how her quality of life won't change. So I took some totes and her husband's to a pawn shop. They actually gave me over a grand for them! Flash forward, she noticed that some totes were missing. She asked me where they went and I was honest with her, but that I got a decent amount back. It'll help pay for our honeymoon. She blew her top, cursing at me and told me that it was none of my BUSINESS, those were her children's, and those cards were irreplaceable. I offered to just buy them again when we have more space, but she told me some of the cards were thousands of dollars now and were extremely old, which I still have a hard time believing that they were worth that much.

Apprently some cards are put together her ex husband did and she can never replicate. She now won't talk to me and says she doesn't want to get married. My parents think she's being ridiculous and that I've dodged a bullet. Her sister called me and told I was an rear end in a top hat and she should sue me for the cards worth. I've offered to pay for it and go to therapy with her, but she has blocked me as of this morning. I feel I was well within my right to stand up for myself and for her mental health.

Bolding and paragraphs mine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

Aita for pawning cards?

You know how sometimes you see a chef get way too cute and they're like "I've done a twist on the classic burrito, by not having any bread" and your brain just pinballs right past "what a neat thought" to "this is no longer a burrito, and you have hosed up the sacred compact". This story is that.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Barudak posted:

You know how sometimes you see a chef get way too cute and they're like "I've done a twist on the classic burrito, by not having any bread" and your brain just pinballs right past "what a neat thought" to "this is no longer a burrito, and you have hosed up the sacred compact". This story is that.

The writer's not understanding how pawn shops work isn't helping either.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

spouse posted:

Proposed to my (30) GF (35) with a World of Warcraft ring that has the WoW Insignia on it and I've lost her ever since and need her back.
(...)
She said she had to think about it, that her stomach hurt, and how she had to go be alone for a bit. Texting has been extremely sparse since. I texted her to ask how she was doing and she literally told me she's struggling to take a 'massive dump', something we've never been open about sharing in the past. A few days went by and I checked up on her again only to get a GIF of the scene from the shining where blood spills into a hallway

Gonna call it here: this woman has been having a nightmare period for a week, with bowel complications because hormonal flux can gently caress up your dumper, and this dude is completely convinced it's about him. The WoW engagement ring is not the main issue here, somehow!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The writer's not understanding how pawn shops work isn't helping either.

The only people who understand how pawnshops work is the accountant.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Evil Willow posted:

Aita for pawning cards?

This reminds me of a clip from some antiques roadshow-esque show I recently watched on youtube, featuring a woman bringing her husbands magic the gathering collection, which turned out consisted of extreme limited edition early 90s beta cards worth an estimated $100k. Much to her shock :stare: Anyway yea your the rear end in a top hat

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
AITA I got a caretaker and nurse for my mom against my wife's wishes

quote:

My(30M) mom has dementia. My wife(28F) knew that before entering into marriage with me. I had made it clear from the beginning that my mom will not be going anywhere. My wife was ok with it.

After marriage, I hired a caretaker and a nurse for my mom because of the increased workload at home. My wife was against the caretaker and nurse staying in our home because she felt like our privacy is being violated. I told her she can go sit in the bedroom if she wants privacy. She told me that it's her home too and she shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable. She told me to send my mom to a nursing home or an old age home.

I told her my mom won't be going anywhere while I'm alive. The nursing/old age homes are not good where I live. They're cruel and dismissive. They're also not properly equipped to take care of my mom.

My wife is pregnant now and feels even more uncomfortable with the nurse and caretaker being here.

I told her I'll happily get her a rented place right next to this home if she wants her privacy that much. However, she doesn't want to be away from me. I told her she made the choice before getting married to me and that I had warned her very well in advance before the marriage.

AITA?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
This one got me angry.

AITA for snapping at my wife and calling her selfish?

quote:

I never loved my daughter. Not really. I always hated the idea of children so me and my wife (but mostly me) were super careful. One way or the other though, she got pregnant. I know it happens sometimes, but my wife didn’t want to get rid of the baby. We talked about it for a bit but eventually we agreed to keep the baby because I didn’t want to make her feel like she had to do something she didn’t want to, especially with her child. So boom, baby. Except after she had the baby, it didn’t seem like she was taking care of her as much as she should have. Sometimes I would come home from work and the baby would be alone with my wife nowhere to be seen. I didn’t want the baby to live a life of being neglected and have us never give her a chance for a good childhood, so I tried to take care of the baby when I could. Admittedly, I was very bad at it. I didn’t know how to take care of a baby, which is something I should have begun researching when it was confirmed we were having the baby. I was also never really mentally prepared to care for a baby, as I had never wanted one and, truth be told, really despised children and taking care of them. But regardless, I still tried to take care of her when my wife wasn’t around, which was a lot of the time. Fast forward 15 years, my daughter is now 15 years old. I have taken care of this child, put her into school, spent money that I worked for on this kid that I never even wanted, for 15 years now. And my wife still seems to be absent for the child. One evening, we were eating dinner and my wife was talking about “how good of a baby she raised”. I snapped at her and told her that she had never raised this baby and that she was selfish for pushing her choice on me. Everything got quiet after that and we just sort of all left. I know that she was never present for our daughter and I guess everything from the past years just boiled over. But mostly, I feel bad about saying it in front of my daughter. I don’t want her to feel like she’s responsible or blame herself for me and my wife’s relationship. I want her to live a good life and I don’t want our conflict to ruin that for her.

So, AITA?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

AITA for telling my neighbor that her husband isn't the catch she thinks he is?

quote:

So I 28 F recently attended a neighborhood BBQ where this mommy influencer started asking me about my love life in front of the other neighbors. Now this woman is 35 is a decade younger than her husband. When I told her that I wasn't interested in getting married or into a committed relationship, she made comments saying that she was worried I would end up a bitter old cat lady.

She insinuated that being "easy" is what's keeping me from finding a life partner and that if I saw a therapist and sorted out my issues I would also end up with a catch like her husband.

I got really angry and pretty much humiliated her and her husband in front of the other neighbors saying that her husband isn't much of a catch since he pretty much cheated on his first wife and abandoned his kids from his first marriage and that their picture perfect Instagram family isn't going to fool me into Idealizing them. I said that ending up with a guy like her husband was my worst nightmare and that her choice in men is unfortunate

She left the BBQ crying and now wants me to apologize to her. AITA?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

pentyne posted:

Wasn't there an AAM about some middle manager who organized a happy hour or something, was encouraging everyone to eat some weed edibles, then surprised then with a drug test the next day?

I can't find that one searching the site, but I did find this.

employee got her colleagues arrested for smoking pot at a conference and now wants a transfer
dated 2017

OP posted:

Three of my reports (two staff and their team manager) were sent to a two-day conference on the other side of the state. According to one of the staff, Sally, when they were back at the hotel after the first day the team manager invited the two of them into his room and offered them a joint to smoke with him. Sally declined, her colleague did not. Sally told the front desk what her manager and colleague were doing, and the hotel called the police after confirming it. Sally checked out and took a Greyhound back to our city because she was so upset. She showed me and my boss a photo of the team manager smoking the joint and stated she was angry and upset at having an illegal drug pushed at her and pressured to use it.

Our state has not legalized marijuana for medical or recreational purposes. Both Sally’s team manager and colleague were arrested for possession. They were also given a reprimand for behaving that way on a work trip. Sally stated her objections to the fact they were not fired and reiterated her dislike of marijuana. She has put in for a transfer and stated if she is not given one, she will quit.

I agree it was inappropriate, but I think Sally is overreacting. I disagree with the marijuana laws in this state and believe in legalization. I partake myself occasionally. I understand it was completely inappropriate on a work trip and she shouldn’t have been pressured, but I think Sally is going way overboard with her crusade and telling the hotel and everything. How do I talk to her and address this with her? I’m also upset that she left the conference and came home early. I would have told her to decline it but to stay for the second day and privately talk to me after the conference.

Alison posted:

Oooof.

Yeah, I agree Sally is way overreacting, but I want to be transparent that I’m having trouble parsing out how much of that is colored by my opposition to arresting and jailing adults for marijuana use.

I’m curious to know more about what she means when she says that she was pressured to use marijuana. Does she mean it was simply offered to her? That’s not really pressure, not any more than offering someone a glass of wine when other people are partaking is pressure to drink. But if her boss and/or the coworker were seriously pressuring her (dismissing her no, trying to cajole her into it, or giving her a hard time when she wanted to leave), then yes, that’s messed up.

Either way, though, taking a photo, alerting the hotel, and cutting the trip short and taking a bus back to your city is a pretty extreme reaction, unless there’s more to the story that we don’t know.

But the manager really screwed up here and I’d be having a serious talk with him, because he showed terrible judgment in offering Sally a joint. Given that he didn’t see her reaction coming, he clearly didn’t know her well enough to have been smoking pot around her in the first place (even if there was no pressure whatsoever). You should be upset with him for his lack of judgment.

As for what to do now … well, does it make business sense to transfer Sally? Is the job she wants to be transferred to one that’s open and one that she’d be good at? Do you typically transfer people pretty easily? How’s her performance generally? Is she someone you want to retain? Has she shown good judgment in tricky situations in the past? What are her working relationships going to be like with these colleagues going forward, if she stays where she is and if she moves? In particular, is it realistic for her to keep working for someone who she got arrested? I’d consider all of those factors in deciding whether or not to transfer her.

But if those factors don’t add up to a transfer making sense, I think it’s fine to tell her that you’re not able to give her the transfer and that you understand if that means that she choses not to stay in her job.

As for talking to her about leaving the conference and coming home early and about going overboard in general … I suppose you could frame it as something like, “Let’s talk about how to handle it in the future if you’re uncomfortable with a colleague’s behavior.” But I think you’re better off letting it go. It really doesn’t sound like you’re going to convince her that she was wrong to do those things — and unfortunately the law is on her side on the reporting — so I’d just focus on moving forward from here.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

fire sally for being a narc imo

she can't be trusted with weed secrets how cna she be trusted with business secrets

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Whorelord posted:

she can't be trusted with weed secrets how cna she be trusted with business secrets

:emptyquote:

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Whorelord posted:

Hard agree. Sally sucks, weed doesn't suck. If Sally doesn't like weed, she's welcome to not smoke it, so the rest of us can.

That said the team manager is an idiot for not knowing Sally is a narc in the first place.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Antivehicular posted:

Gonna call it here: this woman has been having a nightmare period for a week, with bowel complications because hormonal flux can gently caress up your dumper, and this dude is completely convinced it's about him. The WoW engagement ring is not the main issue here, somehow!

Perhaps, but I think it's more likely she is panicked about his proposal and doesn't want to reject and crush him so instead she's trying her hardest to instead repel and disgust him. It tracks that two people with social anxiety would find themselves in this bind.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Fentiman's? That one goes straight to my sinuses and is a bit staggering for the first sip of the bottle. I've had someone make a similar assumption about it, though I've never had an alcohol that tasted like that so either they drink different stuff (not that I drink much) or that's just their default assumption when something tastes even a little interesting.

Could also be Old Jamaica Extra Fiery

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for applying for a transfer at work without telling my boss, because I dislike the fact that they enjoy me disciplining my co-workers?

quote:

My position at work involves disciplining my co-workers. It isn’t a task I enjoy, my boss however loves me doing it. I once made someone cry (because they were late after visiting a sick relative in hospital) and my boss laughed over it.

They have even taken to recording some of these dressing downs and listen to them later, telling other workers to that they will get this treatment if they don’t improve.

Finding this distasteful, I have applied for a transfer to a position on the same pay where I won’t have to make people upset.

I have done it in an underhanded way, making sure that they are away on holiday the whole time I am transferring over and won’t be back til I am gone.

My boss has said in the past that they like me and that that any position I apply for elsewhere they will be willing to pay me more to keep me.

It is a bit ungrateful I guess, as they have always been good to me and have made me employee of the month several times.

They also helped me get work on my car done for next to nothing, cause of someone they know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8GUcJEDNOM

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

quote:

I once made someone cry (because they were late after visiting a sick relative in hospital)

Holy poo poo

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Uh, I guess they're less of an rear end in a top hat for not enjoying it and wanting to leave the position. But still an enormous gaping rear end in a top hat for making someone cry because they were late coming from the hospital.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

teen witch posted:

AITA for applying for a transfer at work without telling my boss, because I dislike the fact that they enjoy me disciplining my co-workers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8GUcJEDNOM

I mean, have you considered not disciplining your co-workers in a way that is dehumanizing and wrong?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

quote:

They have even taken to recording some of these dressing downs and listen to them later, telling other workers to that they will get this treatment if they don’t improve.

It somehow just gets worse with every line

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
30 million people play MTG. I don't get the obsession, but I have friends who do. Will a court actually hear a case about Magic cards?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Erainor posted:

30 million people play MTG. I don't get the obsession, but I have friends who do. Will a court actually hear a case about Magic cards?

If you can prove their dollar value, sure?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Erainor posted:

Yeah they would because you could file a civil claim for theft and possibly emotional distress (though the second is a bit harder to quantify)

It wasn't his to sell, therefore he did commit a violation

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

quote:

Just Dew it:

My (23 F) boyfriend (24 M) put Mountain Dew in my coffee to make "Mountain Dewfee" (yes really) and thought it would be "romantic".

Both of these people are dumb and I'm not sure who to be madder at.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Malkof posted:

Just Dew it:

My (23 F) boyfriend (24 M) put Mountain Dew in my coffee to make "Mountain Dewfee" (yes really) and thought it would be "romantic".

Why am I imagining Andy Dwyer doing this to try and impress Ann

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Roblox is ruining us

quote:

My husband and I have been together for 15 years. Through those years our sex life has survived stress with jobs, money, and two kids. We had an active healthy sex life. For the last month my husband has been hyper focused on playing this Roblox game. It’s an obvious obsession and he plays till 1am. Meanwhile I’m left alone to do everything. Including take care of any sexual needs I have. By the time he comes to bed I’m too tired or asleep. I have a full time job and two kids that I take care of while he does absolutely nothing but work and play Roblox. I’ve had numerous discussions with him. I’ve tried to seduce him to tempt him and I’m just constantly shut down. It’s really hurting my self esteem and makes me feel completely depressed.

The worst part is I feel like he doesn’t even realize or see how the rejection and lack of intimacy is affecting me. I feel so isolated and alone. I don’t feel loved or anything by him. I’m afraid our relationship is slowly transforming from a marriage to a roommate situation. I’m lost and helpless and tired of asking him to give me some type of love aside from occasional kisses and cuddles.

How can a game really be the demise of my 15 year marriage?? Is this something deeper? I’m the only one putting any effort into us now.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cockblox'd.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Cockblox'd.

This is gold right here.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Barudak posted:

Cockblox'd.

Lol

caterpillaropera
Aug 31, 2004

Who's gonna teach you to bump and grind?
Buglord
AITA for reporting someone I thought was creepy… now I’m the one in trouble

quote:

I am a freshman at a college. I have a small beejohn (idk how to spell I just know my mom calls her that) yorky. I never had her on a leash and since I moved in in August I have never had a complaint or been told it was against the rules.

This passed weekend I was walking down the hall after taking my dog out. This man stopped me and told me I needed to have a dog on a leashI kept walking and then he said to wait and that he worked for housing and that he needed my My information.

I told him no and kept walking. He started to follow me and repeated he was with housing and that he needed to see access card for my information to submit a report. He kept asking for it and kept following me so I reluctantly gave it to him because i just wanted to get out of the situation. When he returned my card and I was far enough away from him I told him he had no right to harass me because I wasn’t breaking any policy. I explained no one had ever told me I couldn’t have my dog off her leash. He basically called me a liar and said that as an ESA owner I would have signed a paper agreeing to rules including that. I told him no I didn’t and got headed to the stairs.

When I got back to my room I immediately filed a police report for harassment. I simply explained a creepy man had followed and harassed me after claiming to be from housing.

Apparently he is from housing. I truly didn’t believe him because he wasn’t an RA for my building and he looked to old to be an RA and he wasn’t my RD. Apparently he’s somewhere in between. I am now having to pay a fine for what they say is filing a false police report on top of paying two different fines for having my dog off leash and having an unregistered animal (apparently I had to register my dog with the school) and they are now saying I have to remove my dog from campus.

The police lectured me on “filing a false report” and said what I did was wrong. They said I need to apologise to the creepy guy who harassed me. AiTA?

To add: I’m a 18 year old woman.

Also, my dog is registered as an ESa in general but I didn’t know I needed to register it with the school as well

Bolding mine, because it really took me a minute to work that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My name is Beejohn Shrimpman.