Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my big box of bootleg chinese ebike componentts came in. time to strap them to my rusted out 90s beater and Kill Myself by revving my insanely overpowered battery way into the RED ZONE and rocketing at 40mph directly into an oncoming 2022 Ford® Super Duty® F-350 XLT Truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I prefer to paddle

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Smythe posted:

my big box of bootleg chinese ebike componentts came in. time to strap them to my rusted out 90s beater and Kill Myself by revving my insanely overpowered battery way into the RED ZONE and rocketing at 40mph directly into an oncoming 2022 Ford® Super Duty® F-350 XLT Truck

Hell yeah! Don't forget the torque arm!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I wish I was mechanically inclined but I can barely change a tire let alone turn my bike more dangerous

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cat Puke posted:

Hell yeah! Don't forget the torque arm!

this is good advice

i say swears online posted:

I wish I was mechanically inclined but I can barely change a tire let alone turn my bike more dangerous

its easy to do tthings. just do them badly, like me. ttthats my strategy for doing tthings in general. if itts hard? thats alright, just gently caress it up. no problem :waycool:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

the thing is that you don't need to be mechanically inclined if you're just willing to accept even more danger

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I don't think this guy understands that people that drive assault vehicles like large SUVs don't give a poo poo if they kill people

https://nyc.streetsblog.org/2021/10/18/vision-zero-cities-op-ed-new-york-needs-suv-ratings-now/

in fact I think they would be proud of having the lowest rating lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

god that's the most lib-brained poo poo i've seen in awhile

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

god that's the most lib-brained poo poo i've seen in awhile

if we just warn the people buying the murdermobiles that their cars will kill people with whom they collide, surely that means they will rationally choose to purchase a different alternative in the free market!!!!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

he killed 7…traffic lights?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

The driver is almost 80. Why are they driving!? I saw a loving crossover going 10MPH under everyone else on the highway, and of course it was a gray hair hunching over their driver wheel trying to see the road ahead. Real cool. Love that we don’t test these people.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Boywhiz88 posted:

The driver is almost 80. Why are they driving!? I saw a loving crossover going 10MPH under everyone else on the highway, and of course it was a gray hair hunching over their driver wheel trying to see the road ahead. Real cool. Love that we don’t test these people.

Vote.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cool av posted:

he killed 7…traffic lights?

when you run the red light, you basically kill the light

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Beached Whale posted:

I loving loathe the giant truck morons. Parking where I'm at is pretty tight because all the streets were designed before cars and most of them are going up ridiculously steep hills, so I get that there might be a little bit of vehicle on the sidewalk, just comes with the territory. However there's this ridiculous douchebag down the street from me who goes by the name of "Robbie" who has a giant lifted red RAM pickup truck that's as long as can be. For some reason it needs to be parked RIGHT BY HIS HOUSE and he refuses to park it anywhere else. The problem with this is that his house is right at the drop of a very, very steep street. It's so steep that you cannot possibly see another vehicle coming up it if you're going down, and vice-versa if you're coming up. The way he parks his car he manages to not only take up the whole sidewalk, but effectively turn the road itself into a one car wide choke point when normally two cars could pass through.

When I asked Robbie why he didn't just park like 30 feet away where there's abundant and ample street parking that wouldn't turn the road into a death trap he got very upset and claimed that it was his legal right to park there, and that I can park in front of my house and no one complains. I tried to explain to him the difference between me parking my tiny beater Honda civic that did not block the road versus his giant brodozer but it was fruitless so I've since accepted that I'll be honking every time I go up and down this road just to avoid a major head on collision because this lead brain can't walk a couple feet.

this poo poo reminds me of that scene in gormenghast before irmas party where shes showing her brother, alfred, her outfit and it immediately makes obvious for everybody to see the secret terror kept hidden in the deepest part of her soul

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

the gov't should mandate whistle tips to turn the tide of public opinion against the motor car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Depending on how the softball game goes this year, we might actually see justice

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
je déteste les voitures

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/mazdaukpr/status/1450829909975314434

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Could you imagine a crossover SUV hitting that at 60mph

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

when you run the red light, you basically kill the light

Red lights have the spirit of Javert in them, as soon as they allow a single person to pass them, they kill themselves.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Could you imagine a crossover SUV hitting that at 60mph

https://i.imgur.com/JjegApZ.gifv

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

what game is that

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

lobster shirt posted:

what game is that

mad max. One of the rare gimmick movie tie-ins that actually was very good.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

actionjackson posted:

I don't think this guy understands that people that drive assault vehicles like large SUVs don't give a poo poo if they kill people

https://nyc.streetsblog.org/2021/10/18/vision-zero-cities-op-ed-new-york-needs-suv-ratings-now/

in fact I think they would be proud of having the lowest rating lol

SUVs are safer for my children. I'm not going to put their lives at risk for some namby pamby pedestrian

reverses over kids while driving 1km to the corner shop

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
worst highway drivers by make/model:

1. BMW (any)
2. Prius
3. Audi (sedans/crossovers)
4. Ram 2500
5. Jeep Grand Cherokee/Wagoneer

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
tesla drivers are also assholes on the highway by and large, swerving across 4 lanes with no signal to get into the HOV lane

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don’t see Teslas enough here to have an opinion on their driving but knowing the people who are super into teslas that doesn’t surprise me

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
There are way too many Teslas in nyc... They're everywhere. That's the city's only problem though it's 100% perfect otherwise

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

a childhood friend's daughter was run over by an escalade this morning

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

sorry m8. condolences.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

No other car is as versatile as the Escalade. From the country club to the night club, it can do it all.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Smythe posted:

its easy to do tthings. just do them badly, like me. ttthats my strategy for doing tthings in general. if itts hard? thats alright, just gently caress it up. no problem :waycool:

Never before have I felt a greater kinship

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
those mufflers just hanging out there begging me to be quick seal foamed

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Polo-Rican posted:

There are way too many Teslas in nyc... They're everywhere. That's the city's only problem though it's 100% perfect otherwise

i think i mentioned it in this thread but i was walking to the subway on 23rd st & 6th when i saw a massive crowd formed ahead as i walked by i looked over and saw like 30 people staring at some medics with a bicyclist who was laying completely flat - absolutely no more muscle firing - in the street with a massive blood circle around their head and the driver of the truck was nowhere to be seen.

turns out they just "didn't notice" and they werent' charged

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Vomik posted:

i think i mentioned it in this thread but i was walking to the subway on 23rd st & 6th when i saw a massive crowd formed ahead as i walked by i looked over and saw like 30 people staring at some medics with a bicyclist who was laying completely flat - absolutely no more muscle firing - in the street with a massive blood circle around their head and the driver of the truck was nowhere to be seen.

turns out they just "didn't notice" and they werent' charged

Grateful to live in a society so harmonious it can smoothly absorb 1,300,000 traffic fatalities globally every year as the cost of doing business :blessed:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

NYC posted:

Currently, state law only allows speed cameras to be on from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays. The cameras must be located in 750 designated school zones

Truly bizarre set of rules. Is it ok to speed after 10pm? Fairly certain the answer is racism, since cops can selectively enforce speeding laws in a way cameras don't.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/BicycleDutch/status/1450366699748872192

the before sounds like a dang jet engine

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

the difference is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Envy may be a sin but it's about all I've got left