Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

it's crazy how ephemeral these movies are

when the picture of that robot dog with a gun came out, people pointed out that it was labeled with S.W.O.R.D. and I could vaguely place that it was some kind of ironic because SWORD was also the name of the shadowy organization in WandaVision...

... and then I realized I could barely remember anything about WandaVision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/BritniDWrites/status/1450917126974304258

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

mastershakeman posted:

Are the inhumans the celestials or are those other guys

So get this, Jack Kirby created another hidden civilization of zero personality super people made by ancient aliens while he was at Marvel. Though the Inhumans were initially more “non-evil antagonists” for the Fantastic Four to deal with. Then Marvel tried to replace the X-Men with them because Fox had the movie rights. It went about as well as you’d expect.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

... and then I realized I could barely remember anything about WandaVision

i had no backstory on any of the characters, liked the worldbuilding in the first three episodes, and thought the rest was garbage. especially the finale. i remember wandavision because it sucked

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

quote:

worth nearly $900 million in impact value.

i wonder how many millions, nay billions, in impact value something awful is worth

also does this figure include economic stimulus provided by efforts to repair the damage done by the impact value of the forums?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hodgepodge posted:

i wonder how many millions, nay billions, in impact value something awful is worth

also does this figure include economic stimulus provided by efforts to repair the damage done by the impact value of the forums?

someone make the argument that the 4chan trump campaign was responsible for the 2017 tax cut

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just spent an unknown amount of time trying to figure out what the gently caress Celestials are, leading me to many more related pages about stuff i'll forget immediately.

i don't care for superhero movies but Jesus will I read for an hour about some dumb fish people in a galaxy that is made up that control space and time.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

have you considered becoming a fan of classic doctor who?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Peter Daou Zen posted:

i just spent an unknown amount of time trying to figure out what the gently caress Celestials are, leading me to many more related pages about stuff i'll forget immediately.

i don't care for superhero movies but Jesus will I read for an hour about some dumb fish people in a galaxy that is made up that control space and time.

i can handle a lil wookieepedia or dbz at a time but anything in the capeshit realm is infinitely more cancerous. in the past i regularly pegged my political radicalization to the early obama admin but due to this thread i think it was seeing stan lee speak in 2005. he did the damage. it's all becoming clear

Peter Daou Zen
Apr 6, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

josh04 posted:

no! no! NO!!!!!

i say swears online posted:

i can handle a lil wookieepedia or dbz at a time but anything in the capeshit realm is infinitely more cancerous. in the past i regularly pegged my political radicalization to the early obama admin but due to this thread i think it was seeing stan lee speak in 2005. he did the damage. it's all becoming clear

Lol you couldn't get me to watch the Mandalorian, Star Wars whatever episode whatever, but for some reason. . . I will read about fictional planets, races, characters, Jedis, everything. . . Just like utterly captivated by it all.

I used to poo poo all over super hero movies, then I watched Aquaman and I was like lol this is kinda dumb but it's also fun, whatever. my new motto is don't put your yuck in someones yum!!!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Peter Daou Zen posted:

no! no! NO!!!!!

Lol you couldn't get me to watch the Mandalorian, Star Wars whatever episode whatever, but for some reason. . . I will read about fictional planets, races, characters, Jedis, everything. . . Just like utterly captivated by it all.

baby yoda eat the eggs

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Kingo.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

i say swears online posted:

baby yoda eat the eggs

can't believe baby yoda would genocide like thjs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I learned to surf from a dude going by Kingo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

josh04 posted:

can't believe baby yoda would genocide like thjs

i'll admit i got mad at the lil dude. the show set me up to fail

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

skooma512 posted:

IMO the movie held up just fine. You don't have to go in to even half this much detail to understand or enjoy the movie.

Hmm, you know what, i can see this being complicated. I feel like i followed it pretty well but i probably condesened multiple timelines in my head if i really wrote it all out.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

josh04 posted:

Wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

Hmm, you know what, i can see this being complicated. I feel like i followed it pretty well but i probably condesened multiple timelines in my head if i really wrote it all out.

yeah I was at like four timelines lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Judakel posted:

why does the guy have fingerguns tho

Desis desperately need to be acknowledged as cool.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

do you think kingo will blow on the tips of his two fingers like they’re the barrel of a smoking gun at any point in eternals

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

"we have mission impossible at home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZOnOfc83Q0

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Bro Dad posted:

"we have mission impossible at home"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZOnOfc83Q0

voice cracking as i am still going through puberty

there are places out there that you can't find on any map

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Dr. Who is the dorkiest, lamest poo poo imaginable

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/SameeraKhan/status/1451123329927163904

huh i didnt know chapelle was muslim

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

wow that seems very ignorant of you

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i do not think that is part of the reason

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MattLandsman/status/1450719261899378691?s=20

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

sameera terf khan

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

king poo poo

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
dave mosque

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

YaketySass posted:

dave mosque

stav voice: save prickadelle

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bazinga

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
b*z*ng*

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

:allears:

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Maybe they should talk to Sheldon. Then they can talk to Homer Simpson and ask why he hasn't aged in 30 years.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/JohnHinckley20/status/1451284315678154753?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god he takes suggestions

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/kalebhorton/status/1451302031042363401

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU