Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Nice, the controller and console LED brightness can be set independent of Dark Mode. Good update.

Good poo poo. Too much winning this year from xbox they need a break.

Looking forward to Saints Row actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Zat posted:

It'll work, probably won't look much better than on 360/PS3 generation consoles, except that the framerate will be an unflinching 30 fps, plus the usual improved texture filtering on BC stuff.

The PC version would be highly preferable if possible, as with all the Arkham games except Knight.

drat, I just looked and sure enough I already had it on Steam just never played it. Since my computer is getting really old at this point I never think to game on it. I started it long ago on Wii U but that is stored away. Oh well, I bought a used 360 copy for $9.99. Maybe it will be a collectors item someday.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

controller light brightness toggle… Xbox stays winning

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
I know a few other folks picked up Eneloop batteries for their controllers, so checking in here. I picked up this charger/4-battery set. The feature list notes it has an automatic shut-off, but: Is it okay to leave the charger plugged in with batteries in the cradle? Or will that turbofuck the batteries? I think ideally I'd love to just leave it plugged in and have two batteries in there at all times, switching them out as the controller goes through 'em. Is that feasible, or should I be storing them differently?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I just leave my charger thing plugged in until I noticed the charging full light turn on then I unplug it and store the batteries in my battery holder Thang

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
This feature is finally coming soon as well as much requested in this thread

quote:

A new streamlined audio settings experience is now available with new features such as “Mute Speaker audio when headset attached” and a new “Audio testing & details” page.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/19/xbox-insider-release-notes-alpha-skip-ahead-2111-211017-2200/

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the wins keep coming

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

$400usd for 2tb

Can I get some of whatever the product team is smoking lol

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ps vita-rear end pricing scheme for this mother fuckn console storage

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a fair price for the storage but It costs nearly as much as another xbox, just delete some games

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

You can get a 1TB drive for the Sony machine for under $100 now which makes the Xbox prices even more ridiculous

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When you throw the ps5 in the trash you can also repurpose the drive in your pc to play the god of war port

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Are these LED brightness settings available for us plebes on older hardware (one x)?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

You can get a 1TB drive for the Sony machine for under $100 now which makes the Xbox prices even more ridiculous
Not one that has a heat sink and also meets the recommended specs.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

Not one that has a heat sink and also meets the recommended specs.

Ok you have to spend $5 on a heat sink but it works perfectly fine.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

MarcusSA posted:

The only thing ridiculous is considering buying a playstation.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Seltzer posted:

The only thing ridiculous is considering buying a playstation.

I like my PlayStation and I like my Xbox.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Spending $650 to play Ratchet & Clank and Spiderman. Couldn't be me.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American McGay posted:

Better than me who doesn't like Spiderman

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

American McGay posted:

don't be silly, i spent 650 to play Demons Souls again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

American McGay posted:

Who spent $650?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
What I'm really looking forward to is an eventual Steam release of Ratchet and Clank where it turns out the thing works just fine on a SATA SSD

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

TheScott2K posted:

What I'm really looking forward to is an eventual Steam release of Ratchet and Clank where it turns out the thing works just fine on a SATA SSD

Impossible. Gaming pr is always up to snuff.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

highme posted:

Are these LED brightness settings available for us plebes on older hardware (one x)?

Yes! Some of the night mode settings are more limited like there's no blue light filter, but the LED customization is in there. I too only have a One X.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

don't be silly, i spent 650 to play Demons Souls again

:hai:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Who spent $650?
:confused:

People who bought a PS5, Rift Apart and the Spiderman bundle pack? That's pretty much what it adds up to

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ripped A Fart

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'd joke about buying a ps4 demon souls, but in all honesty last gen load times are too much to bear.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I seriously didn't notice that for months and thought they stopped using rear end wordplay in titles

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

While you might have to go a bit higher for a drive that's technically compliant, you'll still pay less than the Xbox version's price and get twice the transfer speed, and there's also the weirdness that by and large PS5 versions of games have a smaller install footprint than their Xbox Series X counterparts, so the storage actually goes further.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Speaking of storage, why is the Destiny 2 install on Series X and One S the same size? I’m gonna move my One S to a different room so I decided to put D2 on it and presumed the install would be smaller as it’s using the One code and doesn’t have 4K textures but they were both 80-something GB. I thought that was strange. D2 is marked as a Series app as well so I presumed they’d be different

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1451529432804565030

Say it with me now...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

once again....

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Interesting to see who gets what in the divorce.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D71cBUeAL58

Will include the ability to restart failed missions immediately.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Xbox!
Stays!
Winning!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

univbee posted:

While you might have to go a bit higher for a drive that's technically compliant, you'll still pay less than the Xbox version's price and get twice the transfer speed, and there's also the weirdness that by and large PS5 versions of games have a smaller install footprint than their Xbox Series X counterparts, so the storage actually goes further.

yeah but what would you even install on a ps5? With an Xbox and Gamepass there's no shortage of entertainment. Its more like BrowseTheStoreStation.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

univbee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D71cBUeAL58

Will include the ability to restart failed missions immediately.

All we had to do is wait 17 years for the definitive edition, CJ.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Well, heck, that's my favorite one! That's pretty great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

wonder if this is coming to PC as well, or only to console