Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Third World Reagan posted:

I am glad the market enjoyer has logged on to tell all the poors their fault.

People are selling bags for half the cost of the rune they need to make the bag. So yes, lots of people are doing stupid poo poo on the market.

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Haha you know someones making a ton of money selling green wood but you can't figure out what price theyre selling it at?

The poster you are quoting is famous for being 100% "gently caress you got mine" when it comes to market stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
no i'm not, thanks

I've given a bunch of ideas and assistance just within the last page but if this person wants a matthew lesko-esque GME get rich quick tip thats not happening, and this quote here is a good explanation of the why: markets fluctuate

sure okay posted:

Let's say you work the market and find an in. Something you think you can farm pretty fast that's selling pretty high in a local area. "Great!" you think, "I'll go farm up an inventory and then offload!" So you go out to do it. Not 5 minutes later someone (or multiple someones) come rolling into town just as you leave and flood that very item. They saw the same in, and inbeknownst to you you're gonna go out to farm something that, by the time you come back, may be a break-even transaction.

Feels bad! More common than you think!

I made my first 20k selling iron tools a little over a week ago when royllo re-opened for character creation (and I rolled on royllo), thats not really going to be very effective advice anymore

Ad by Khad fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 21, 2021

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
It's just the difference between personal wealth and the economy as a whole. Individuals can make money, on most servers anyway. But there are more gold sinks (repair costs, taxes, other fees) than there are gold generators. That means the value of gold goes up as the amount of it drains out of the economy, and taxes not being indexed to the value of gold makes the value increase even faster.

It might turn around if Outpost Rush gets enabled again as that generates decent gold, but lol that's been down for a week because it'd cause characters to get stuck inside when it ends.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Listen guys, in this MMO about slaying monsters and not native american's the most important thing is actually reading up on economics books and game theory so you can afford your taxes.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
its an mmo, the most important thing is the same thing it is in every mmo

lookin cute

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ad by Khad posted:

its an mmo, the most important thing is the same thing it is in every mmo

lookin cute

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
The pack running thing mentioned earlier would own.

It could Be a solo or group quest that gives a player an equippable pack that goes in the weapon slot and cannot be changed. Left mouse does a very weak smack, right mouse throws the pack on the ground (or to another player).

Various trade routes would be available and these packs are highly sought after. They can only be interacted with in pvp mode.

Once a player gets a pack, they have a set amount of time to transport it. They can throw it to another PVP enabled player or on the ground. Packs can be picked up and turned in by members of opposing factions and thus receive the reward.

Packs can be transported solo or in groups. In addition to the weak smack and throw abilities, packs would have a small skill tree with various effects:

Hustle - increased run speed for the player and group members for X seconds

The ecstacy of gold - increased damage for player and group members for X seconds

Piece of the cut - heal player and all party members for X, receive Y fewer coins upon turn in

Etc.

This poo poo would be immensely fun imo.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

games bad, so what

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

CainFortea posted:

People are selling bags for half the cost of the rune they need to make the bag. So yes, lots of people are doing stupid poo poo on the market.

Yah, if poo poo doesn't sell, you drop the price. And that poo poo used to sell.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'm not gonna say motes are worthless but they practically are on my server.

A death one seems to be the most expensive at .7 but the water ones are .1 lol

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

cosmicjim posted:

This conversation is surreal.

If you don’t make enough money, just get a better job.
I feel like we are in some weird social experiment.

“All you gotta to get rich is do X,Y,Z” ignoring the fact the system can’t support it if everyone does it.

game has reached the eve line of being amazing to hear about and a boring nightmare to play, awesome

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

BadLlama posted:

That is great that you enjoy playing the market in this fantasy video game.

Looking through some of these posts, you can tell that there are some really brilliant minds here.

Except all that brilliance is spent on a video game market I can't stop laughing

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Just lofl at the idea that everyone can just skim off market trading and make gold. The absolute dumbest of takes.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
a bunch of real downers itt

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Once again the economy could be fixed by making PvP permanently on so that people gathering resources could be beat to death by random passers-by. Won't have 0.1 gold wood logs when you have to gather in force for it.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

parasyte posted:

It might turn around if Outpost Rush gets enabled again as that generates decent gold, but lol that's been down for a week because it'd cause characters to get stuck inside when it ends.

they also disabled level 65 portal rewards a couple days ago shortly after turning them on, I think the biggest problem with gold in the endgame is that some of the biggest gold generators have been turned off

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

Too bad NASDAQ or the NYSE don't dabble in New World gold cause I know you are not making these kinds of plays in Real World hahaha

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Just lofl at the idea that everyone can just skim off market trading and make gold. The absolute dumbest of takes.

If everyone simply taps into the power of MARKET INEFFICIENCIES we'll all be rich

Either that, or the Bid-Ask spread will become unprofitable

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

CuddleCryptid posted:

Once again the economy could be fixed by making PvP permanently on so that people gathering resources could be beat to death by random passers-by. Won't have 0.1 gold wood logs when you have to gather in force for it.

Yea but have you considered that PvP is toxic bullying and that some of us are single dads with 3 full time jobs and 8 children who can only play for 30 minutes a week and would rather post screenshots of the lighting engine and our mid tier tool perk rolls to Reddit than PVP?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I heard there was some transfer bug where people could send money, log out, and the would have their money back, essentially doubling that money

lol

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

causticBeet posted:

Yea but have you considered that PvP is toxic bullying and that some of us are single dads with 3 full time jobs and 8 children who can only play for 30 minutes a week and would rather post screenshots of the lighting engine and our mid tier tool perk rolls to Reddit than PVP?

As a dad that plays this 30 minutes a week I would be saddened that I would miss out on so many screenshots but glad because I could spend more time on my other favorite parts of reddit, like r/anime_milfs

(Note I have more than 30 minutes to play, this game just ficking sucks lmao)

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

eonwe posted:

I heard there was some transfer bug where people could send money, log out, and the would have their money back, essentially doubling that money

lol

Yeah if you transfered there was a chance your character got stuck in a state that it wouldn't save changes and error you out of the game after a few minutes. But you could still trade away your gold before the error, then since it didn't save, you log in and repeat.

Transfers have been disabled now.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

CuddleCryptid posted:

I agree that everything in this game would be amazing if they’d just made “Albion, but 3D” but alas they went in a different direction with it.

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

DaitoX posted:

Transfers have been disabled now.

This game is disabled

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

theguybro posted:

This game is disabled

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

theguybro posted:

This game is disabled

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

theguybro posted:

This game is disabled

100% theres someone with a billion gold out there and hasnt been banned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

like eight of my friends irl all got the game but we ended up on a dead server. they all transferred last night but when i logged on to do it just now, welp. what the gently caress do i do now

maybe i should Not Play

theguybro
Dec 16, 2012

i say swears online posted:

like eight of my friends irl all got the game but we ended up on a dead server. they all transferred last night but when i logged on to do it just now, welp. what the gently caress do i do now

maybe i should Not Play

The best thing to do is abuse the gold bug then and if you get banned oh well its just a game and if you don't then you can become a market expert like these other goonies

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Abuse the gold bug then post smugly itt about it and blame everyone who is poor for not doing the same.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

ok

the main shotcaller for royllo covenant makes his money selling

green wood

edit: no he doesnt bother to refine it

Please tell us more about Poop Man's financial successes.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

causticBeet posted:

I don't understand why these people play mmos. Have fun competing in a genre that centers around character progression at the expense of hours and hours of grinding

j3rkstore
Jan 28, 2009

L'esprit d'escalier

Good Dumplings posted:

game has reached the eve line of being amazing to hear about and a boring nightmare to play, awesome

I have yet to reference a single spreadsheet so it has a long way to go.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

j3rkstore posted:

I have yet to reference a single spreadsheet so it has a long way to go.

You should see the discords lol

I’ve been speculative buying gold because it’s absolutely worthless right now (I can get it on the regular for .01 or .02) and that just doesn’t feel right.

I know it’s mid tier but right now it’s cheaper to throw it on the ground vs posting it on the market.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The Gadfly posted:

I don't understand why these people play mmos. Have fun competing in a genre that centers around character progression at the expense of hours and hours of grinding

Let me be clear, in the last week or so the economy has collapsed on multiple servers due to a duping bug, so they had to close transfers. People are recommending regular players don't log in today because they might be gifted more money than they could use in a year by a hacker. PvP is cancelled because you could move the game window around and become invincible. You have people changing factions and then intentionally losing wars for territory.

A server crashed and time traveled forward a month which blew up most of the map. Rollback is impossible.

If you don't want to be deeply invested in such a beautiful clusterfuvk then I can't even understand you

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 22, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Let me be clear, in the last week or so the economy has collapsed on multiple servers due to a duping bug, so they had to close transfers. PvP is cancelled because you could move the game window around and become invincible. You have people changing factions and then intentionally losing wars for territory.

A server crashed and time traveled forward a month which blew up most of the map.

If you don't want to be deeply invested in such a beautiful clusterfuvk then I can't even understand you

it really is like we are back in 1999 with this one.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Inject it directly into my veins

I sure wish there was somewhere this could get posted where other cov members could see it that wouldn't end up with him or one of his poop buddies banning you immediately

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

someone has to explain this memes drama to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

CuddleCryptid posted:

Let me be clear, in the last week or so the economy has collapsed on multiple servers due to a duping bug, so they had to close transfers. People are recommending regular players don't log in today because they might be gifted more money than they could use in a year by a hacker. PvP is cancelled because you could move the game window around and become invincible. You have people changing factions and then intentionally losing wars for territory.

A server crashed and time traveled forward a month which blew up most of the map. Rollback is impossible.

Oh, I wasn't directing that at you or anything. I mean, it's fine if you're aware of what you're getting into, but I feel that a lot of normies with limited time just blindly buy the game and start playing without considering the genre.