Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I like Lindsay, she's alright, but my respect for her went thru the roof when I found out she's written 2 books, they have good reviews too. I bought one just to see if it's any good

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/51171377-axiom-s-end

I read her Starscream slashfic with the serial numbers filed off original novel and while it was an okay story it wasn't anything original or terribly creative.

Not bad for a light afternoon YA read a la Hunger Games, but I was kind of expecting more from someone whose entire "thing" is tearing apart tropes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Gonna be nothing but CGI muzzle flashes for the rest of our lives

Probably for the best since Hollywood can't stop killing people with prop guns

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Apparently Alec Baldwin was the triggerman.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Squid game is real good but I'm still not sure on the message that you can't have big money as a Poor unless you completely corrupt your soul something something eat the rich

I think this is good enough for a YouTube video what do y'all think

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Jose Oquendo posted:

Apparently Alec Baldwin was the triggerman.

Oh poo poo, that's crazy.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1451374093542957059

Alec Baldwin is indeed the murderer

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Space Kablooey posted:

Squid game is real good but I'm still not sure on the message that you can't have big money as a Poor unless you completely corrupt your soul something something eat the rich

I think this is good enough for a YouTube video what do y'all think

You can get at least 3 hours out of this, maybe 4

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Killed the cinematographer and wounded the director in one shot

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:stonk:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Conspiracy theories about to get wild

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That’s gotta be on the prop master I would imagine right? Jeez.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

That should be the absolute and complete end of his career at this point. Unless there is some extremely-unlikely extenuating circumstances (like, the director actively and repeatedly demanding some kind of extremely dangerous shot that put him and the cinematographer in the line of fire), he should probably be facing jail time as well for negligent homicide.

EDIT:

priznat posted:

That’s gotta be on the prop master I would imagine right? Jeez.

I mean, on them as well. But even then the type of circumstance that could cause this to happen should have been able to be stopped at multiple points along the way before it go to this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Did the gun loving explode how does that happen

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

That should be the absolute and complete end of his career at this point. Unless there is some extremely-unlikely extenuating circumstances (like, the director actively and repeatedly demanding some kind of extremely dangerous shot that put him and the cinematographer in the line of fire), he should probably be facing jail time as well for negligent homicide.

Eh, little early for this. We don't really know what happened yet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I seem to recall they have safety coordinators and prop/firearm masters and all that type of thing and blaming the actor seems weird. He would probably have no idea if a movie gun is safe or not. That’s not really his job. I’m not a huge fan of Baldwin or anything but seems weird to jump all over him

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71JAJMWeco

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CONTENT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71JAJMWeco

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

We got content!

Edit: despite the thumbnail I’m going to guess that Mike liked it because he likes the worst things.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

priznat posted:

I seem to recall they have safety coordinators and prop/firearm masters and all that type of thing and blaming the actor seems weird. He would probably have no idea if a movie gun is safe or not. That’s not really his job. I’m not a huge fan of Baldwin or anything but seems weird to jump all over him

maybe after he saw the first shot was real he just kept blasting

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I bet the actor has some responsibilities in the safety protocol, but Alex Baldwin is not going to be the one, like, running a safety checklist. Unless he did something insane, it's probably not going to be his fault.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

Yah that’d be pretty bad then

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"I thought this movie loving sucked" - Jay

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

After Baldwin killed the cinematographer he was overtaken by his bloodlust and tried to run up his score

Edit: beaten by aardvark

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 22, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

priznat posted:

I mean, if you know you've got a blank-firing gun, you do not point it and pull the trigger when the gun is pointed at anyone. (Even if that anyone is way down the line.) If Christian Bale can freak out and stop everything because a cinematographer walked past his sight line, Alec Baldwin can be aware enough to not fire a blank when a crew member is in the line of fire.

And like I said, if the director was demanding some kind of stupid "shoot the gun directly at the camera while the cinematographer is running it and I'm standing right next to her" shot, then it's on him too. I'm sure we'll learn more about this soon, but unless the gun fired without him actually touching the trigger, Baldwin bears some amount of blame.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Halloween Kills looks pretty bad

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

PostNouveau posted:

Easily the worst movie I've seen this year.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

LanceHunter posted:

I'm sure we'll learn more about this soon, but unless the gun fired without him actually touching the trigger, Baldwin bears some amount of blame.

Lol no. He’ll probably be able to sue the production company for turning him into an unwitting killer.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Aardvark! posted:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

PostNouveau posted:

It gets worse every time I think about it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

LanceHunter posted:

I'm sure we'll learn more about this soon, but unless the gun fired without him actually touching the trigger, Baldwin bears some amount of blame.

His job is literally “here’s a gun with blanks, point it towards the guy and shoot it cuz we are making a movie where the guy does that”

It’s absolutely not his fault that the prop master left poo poo jammed in the barrel

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Spielberg was right, we should replace all guns with walkie talkies

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Holy poo poo

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Lol no. He’ll probably be able to sue the production company for turning him into an unwitting killer.

Given he’s a producer on the movie, he’d be suing himself.

Gutcruncher posted:

His job is literally “here’s a gun with blanks, point it towards the guy and shoot it cuz we are making a movie where the guy does that”

It’s absolutely not his fault that the prop master left poo poo jammed in the barrel

That’s not how that works at all.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Alec did it on purpose. The dude wouldn't stop quoting 30 rock at him

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Baldwin Kills

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yeah, no, blanks aren't fired at cast or crew anymore.

Blanks and live rounds are only used in glamour shots and they're always aimed into ballistic blankets or just the horizon or a dirt mound.

Every shot where a gun is pointed at the camera or a person is ALWAYS supposed to be a replica no matter what according to laws for SAG, IATSE, etc.

A real gun on set means you're only getting a shot of someone shooting at something designed to be shot at.

Baldwin somehow got a real gun, and pointed it more than likely at the camera considering who was shot, and that's just loving insane.

Like there's 20 things on a safety check list that all had to go wrong.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

EVIL DIES TONIGHT

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How the gently caress does the Brandon Lee thing happen again?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Seems like a good scam. Use your fame to get one of your enemies on set as a costar or something. Bring your real guns and bullets. “Oh no what an accident that isn’t my fault at all”

Hunting accidents for a new century.