Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Mikl posted:

The manga: "Alright, let's just tread carefully around this thing, subtly dropping hints without revealing too much."

The main character: "You're trans, aren't you?"

(Source is The Two Of Them Are Pretty Much Like This.)

i finally sat down and read through the whole archive of this and i'm glad that the two of them are pretty much like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

From the creator of Bright and Cheery Amnesia

College setting yuri harem, a rarity of rarities

Guess what updated

thank you tamamusi

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Tamamusi has a specific type of character they like to draw and it's extremely horny lesbians.

(I'm not complaining.)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
aurora as the person who talks to me about gay horror stuff in this thread you need to watch all the child's play/chucky movies if you haven't already

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i hate creepy dolls but if i must

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

gnome7 posted:

I've been really enjoying Liar Satsuki Can See Death lately. It's about a girl who can see corpses 24 hours before they actually appear, and uses this power to solve their death in advance and stop them.

I bring it up in here because Satsuki is extremely gay. It is not a main focus of the manga, but its very there and a big motivator for some of the things she does. And I really enjoy just having a casually lesbian protagonist who gets super blushy around her friends when they're nice to her, while also just being a good mystery thriller story alongside that.

Just read with this and it was pretty good imo. I'm definitely going to need to keep up with it.

Interested in where it's going because I was expecting it to be largely episodic but seems like they're setting up something of an overarching story.

Yuu Morisawa
Oct 4, 2013

Watch Creamy Mami
https://twitter.com/720gou/status/1450396716566384643?t=CX8hZylxUhzMrKeEXeFxNw

:eyepop:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Elevator ride in the morning is very powerful.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/ZeoMassicot/status/1083039253741953025
https://twitter.com/DM_Twisochron/status/1090967597951070209
drat they're gay. is video game stuff allowed

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Is that game fun? I need a new RPG.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Feliday Melody posted:

i got the remastered a few years back. it seemed fun and i liked the characters, but never really played a whole lot due to being distracted easily by other games

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Willo567 posted:

drat they're gay. is video game stuff allowed

look at the hidden link in the op

i wish i was an OL

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 19, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

i wish i was an OL
OLs are very powerful, so this is very understandable.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

Yes. It was great when it came out and it's a steal now with all the extra content and such.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

The Two Of Them Are Pretty Much Like This new chapter.

baby 😭

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

God that feeling was so relatable.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 21, 2021

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
this is going to come off as a pretty shameless request but does anyone have any fluffy trans romance or slice of life stuff they read and recommend because ive been having really overwhelming dreams of mundanely living at the end of a journey i dont even know if ill be able to or should take lately and i could seriously use some uncomplicated escapism right now and trust the wider internet less on that than possibly anything ever

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
its not shameless, its the entire purpose of the thread!!1 the go to rec in this thread for that tends to be witch's servant
note that it has a bit of a rough start

lot of the stuff i like probably wouldn't be considered fluffy so i'll let others cover that

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
bless!

not to be too fussy or anything, i am just on a hair trigger and not remotely in the proper headspace for anything heavy right now lol, to the point ill probably allow for a less vulnerable mood to set in before i jump into the start of this

but i definitely will

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Violen posted:

this is going to come off as a pretty shameless request but does anyone have any fluffy trans romance or slice of life stuff they read and recommend because ive been having really overwhelming dreams of mundanely living at the end of a journey i dont even know if ill be able to or should take lately and i could seriously use some uncomplicated escapism right now and trust the wider internet less on that than possibly anything ever

If you just want straight-up wish fulfillment, A Manga About a Hero Who Pulled Out the Holy Sword and Became a Girl delivers. Well, depending on what your wishes are, I guess, but.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Violen posted:

if you want stuff that's explicitly fluffy, there's a whole subclass that uses the japanese word iyashikei which can typically be used as an identifying keyword - it translates to therapy, healing, rejuvenating, refreshing, or soothing

there's also an entire thread for slice of life stuff and most of that is fluffy

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

if you want stuff that's explicitly fluffy, there's a whole subclass that uses the japanese word iyashikei which can typically be used as an identifying keyword - it translates to therapy, healing, rejuvenating, refreshing, or soothing

there's also an entire thread for slice of life stuff and most of that is fluffy

i think they specifically mean trans stuff and not general sol

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
When I think 100% fluffy trans comedy, I think Magical Trans

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Absolutely seconding the Witch's Servant recommendation; it does deal with some heavier themes at times, but it always has an honestly amazing warmth and positivity even though it never pretends that the world is simply perfect. Reading it always makes me happy, moreso than pretty much any other manga.
This goes for everything from about chapter 16 or so onwards, the parts before that are kinda iffy (the improvement from there is almost unbelievable).

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Carpator Diei posted:

Absolutely seconding the Witch's Servant recommendation; it does deal with some heavier themes at times, but it always has an honestly amazing warmth and positivity even though it never pretends that the world is simply perfect. Reading it always makes me happy, moreso than pretty much any other manga.
This goes for everything from about chapter 16 or so onwards, the parts before that are kinda iffy (the improvement from there is almost unbelievable).

this is basically exactly what i need at the moment

i have faith in this thread's taste and sensibilities lol i'm sure i'll weather any early rough patches fine

thanks again to everyone chiming in, ill check out the other recs too

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

I wanna recommend Ah... and Mm... Are All She Says, which the scanlation just finished up.

It's about a neurodivergent ero-mangaka who has trouble verbalising her thoughts, and her editor who understands her and bonds with her over their shared appreciation of the artistry of eromanga.
Due to it's premise it's inherently not work safe, but it's far more wholesome than it is horny.

It's a genuinely really sweet story that really earnest about the joys (and troubles) of making art and I hope other folks like it too.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Witch's Servant is a personal favorite and yes, get to like, the north country arc before you make your judgements. It goes from what seems like a standard fantasy story to basically a queer romance.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Thuryl posted:

If you just want straight-up wish fulfillment, A Manga About a Hero Who Pulled Out the Holy Sword and Became a Girl delivers. Well, depending on what your wishes are, I guess, but.

see im a fan of this manga but i wouldn't call it fluffy... i don't understand what fluffy is :thinking_emoji:

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Thuryl posted:

The largest wish fulfilment in this is the supportive side character and it's frankly adorable (as far as I've read anyway)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I Am Fowl posted:

Witch's Servant is a personal favorite and yes, get to like, the north country arc before you make your judgements. It goes from what seems like a standard fantasy story to basically a queer romance.

How it started: a story about a horny cow who wants to touch boob.

How it's going: a story about the members of a large queer found family discovering themselves.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Seshoho Cian posted:

I wanna recommend Ah... and Mm... Are All She Says, which the scanlation just finished up.

I've been following this one too and it's really, really good (and a little bit relatable, since I work in VNs).

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Mikl posted:

How it started: a story about a horny cow who wants to touch boob.

How it's going: a story about the members of a large queer found family discovering themselves.

also somehow we all like the horny cow now

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
By the time you catch up to the latest chapter, King Bull is hardly the horniest character in the story

get it

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Seshoho Cian posted:

It's about a neurodivergent ero-mangaka who has trouble verbalising her thoughts, and her editor who understands her and bonds with her over their shared appreciation of the artistry of eromanga.
Due to it's premise it's inherently not work safe, but it's far more wholesome than it is horny.

It's a genuinely really sweet story that really earnest about the joys (and troubles) of making art and I hope other folks like it too.

Really liking this one. It's pretty adorable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
her dog mode is the best thing about that series

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

oh i totally missed this one shot
same author as maitsuki, niwatsuki, ooyatsuki (read it if you haven't)

i like all of this authors stuff, i dig their art, attractive women

going to use this as an excuse to post a link to their other one shot

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 25, 2021

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh i totally missed this one shot
same author as maitsuki, niwatsuki, ooyatsuki (read it if you haven't)

i like all of this authors stuff, i dig their art, attractive women

going to use this as an excuse to post a link to their other one shot
I'm a fan of their work too, but it's so frustrating that it's seemingly just the start of the story that gets published. I want more, drat it!

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
That's the tragedy of a good one-shot - knowing there will never be more.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Thuryl posted:

I've been following this one too and it's really, really good (and a little bit relatable, since I work in VNs).
I'm sort of hoping you got to put your let's plays on your resume when you got onto that career path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So as someone completely ignorant of how to find gay manga or anime, it seems like a weird minefield. Are there any series where the main characters just happen to be gay, where the story isn't completely focused on them loving or their romance?

Most of my attempts just come up with Yaoi stuff, which is not what I'm looking for at all.