Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

After dinner I wanted some sort of desert so I made a chocolate pie in an extremely lazy way based on a gordon ramsey recipe I had used before that was originally supposed to be individual mini tarts.

It uses a sweet pastry dough with egg that's extremely easy to work compared to normal pie dough because it isn't as crumbly and then you can just prepare the chocolate filling while the crust is baking and then plop it in (I didn't even cool the crust first) and let the whole thing cool for 20 minutes. You can be eating it 45 minutes from when you start this way, so I highly recommend it.

Original recipe:
https://www.gordonramsay.com/gr/recipes/indulgent-mini-chocolate-tarts-with-peanut-brittle/
(All the ingredients are the original quantities just made into one big pie, and I simply omitted the topping completely).

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
pigeon with whiskey gravy

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

A good page

I frittered

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Dijon-pecan crusted porkchop with some maple butternut squash.

I thought this was going to take me a lot long ET to cook than it actually did. Start to finish it was like a half hour.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
friend gave us a bunch of fresh halibut

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Sexy fish and chips :dance:

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

Recommended for autumn! Jook with soft boiled egg, green onion, crispy breaded shallots. Little sausage I needed to get rid of so I crisped that up and threw it in.

And hot sauce! The brown really should be soy sauce but I like Worcestershire.

Wow did not realize it looked like a face.

I keep forgetting about Jook but every time I make it I wish I'd do it more. Learned about it in the help I'm poor food thread I think. Great for cleaning out the fridge.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

BBQ Dave posted:

Wow did not realize it looked like a face.

That looks delicious, and also like Mulan's breakfast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pSEhBpjnu0

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Poke bowls tonight!

Salmon belly, cucumber, tobiko, avocado, kimchi. There is also rice down there too somewhere.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Made general tso's chicken for dinner

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I made a stir fry, but my as I was draining the noodles they all fell into the sink which was full of raw chicken juice.

I pretty much just rage quit dinner at that point.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

Made general tso's chicken for dinner

this looks perfect level of fried. god drat.

i gave up on frying poo poo, cant stand the mess/smell/cleanup anymore

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Lunch thread?

Hot ham and swiss with banana peppers.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

toplitzin posted:

Lunch thread?

Hot ham and swiss with banana peppers.

Yum! Thanks for reminding me I need banana peppers back in my life.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Chicken quesadilla night! With green tomato salsa from my cherry tomato plants that lasted 4 months longer than they were supposed to

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

made some kapusniak. This is the closest I've gotten it to copy catting the place which makes a great version

any ideas for what to do with a poo poo ton of extra dill that isn't pickles, borscht, or bigos?

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

THE MACHO MAN posted:

made some kapusniak. This is the closest I've gotten it to copy catting the place which makes a great version

any ideas for what to do with a poo poo ton of extra dill that isn't pickles, borscht, or bigos?

Looks yummy.

I like dill in fish stews, and with bagels & lox.

It's great on fish marinades:

BBQ Dave posted:

Hey, goons this is a recipe I got out of One Pan Two Plates.
Salmon Concasse

*Preheat broiler and select an ovenable pan*

Put the following into a dish:
Zest and juice of half a lemon
Zest and juice of an orange
2 tbsp minced dill
Two Salmon Fillets, pat dry then add salt & pepper

While that's marinating,
Mince a bunch of shallots, 1/4 or 1/2 cup
Trim two medium zucchini, then quarter and slice thinly
Core two large ripe tomatoes and cut each into 16 pieces each
Mince some garlic and toss it in with the tomatoes
Drink some 2 buck chuck cuz you gotta work late on Easter eve then early on Easter and tomorrow you have school

Sautee shallots until browned, then zucchini with Salt and Pepper until soft but not squishy, finally throw in garlic and tomato

When thickened and saucy" as the book says, form a mound and put the salmon on skin side down and pour in juices, broil 7-9 min

Garnish with brined Feta Cheese and serve with Iced Tea cuz what am I gonna do with the rest of this lemon?

Still hard to use a poo poo ton... especially if you mean metric poo poo ton.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I like to chop up some dill and add it in when whipping up eggs for a scramble or a veggie focused omelette.

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

CaptainCrunch posted:

I like to chop up some dill and add it in when whipping up eggs for a scramble or a veggie focused omelette.

Can confirm egg & dill are dope.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
you can also make an extremely versatile dip out of equal parts sour cream & mayo, a healthy dose of garlic confit, lemon juice and a big handful of dill

good for salmon, asparagus, artichokes, potato chips, and plenty else

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Homemade gravlax is an easy way to use a bunch of dill.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Dill’s good in potato salad and coleslaw as well.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
To make pickle bread,

First you need dill dough.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Also tzatziki instead of mint.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Make a dill pesto.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Oyster crackers. Used to snack on those bad boys as a kid all the time.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

sterster posted:

Oyster crackers. Used to snack on those bad boys as a kid all the time.

My grandma had dementia, and for whatever reason she would collect them from every restaurant she'd go to.
After she died we found so many packages in her car, in the glove box, in the door, in the center console.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

toplitzin posted:

My grandma had dementia, and for whatever reason she would collect them from every restaurant she'd go to.
After she died we found so many packages in her car, in the glove box, in the door, in the center console.

Touching and sad... what a good memory I suppose. I wonder if this a great depression/poor thing. My grandfather & grandmother still take the individual pads of butter or coffee creamers when they go out. In addition to that my grandfather will take a couple of pads of individually wrapped butter and place them in the side of his socks when he is seated because they are always "Too cold to spread on your dinner roll."

To be clear my comment was in reference to the dill usage. I should really make some of those and see if the nostalgia kicks in.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

BraveUlysses posted:

this looks perfect level of fried. god drat.

i gave up on frying poo poo, cant stand the mess/smell/cleanup anymore

I was doing it outside on coals in a wok but with the weather being garbage I've moved inside and started using a cast iron Dutch oven.

Next season I'm gonna use a giant wok burner for true temp control outdoors.

Man I love Americanized Chinese food.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Smashburger night!

Homemade pork jowl and red onion jam, kewpie + garlic confit aioli, tomato, arugula from the garden, cheddar, onion roll

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

toplitzin posted:

How was your oyster cracker feast?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
roast chicken, roasted butternut squash, wild rice

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

How was your oyster cracker feast?

Stale.

The best memory is from taco night.

We're all sitting around the table conversing/clearing the table/relaxing.
Grandma is absentmindedly eating handfulls of shredded cheese straight from the bowl.
She turns to everyone and declares, "These noodles need more cheese!"

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Soup?

Soup!

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

Nice soup!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Comfort/low effort dinner for one tonight.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

toplitzin posted:

Comfort/low effort dinner for one tonight.

Would crush that comfort food dinner. Looks great, especially the green beans. Are they from a can? Canned green beans hold a special place in my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
canned green beans w/ butter & garlic salt tastes like childhood