Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sheldon does well with members of the Asian community, at least. During his childhood he was friends with Tam, a Vietnamese immigrant, and of course he's close friends with Raj. It's possible that he was on at least a cordial relationship with Joyce Kim, Howard's ex Korean gf who turned out to be a spy (as I am no doubt you are aware), but we only see them interact once, in a flashback.

It's only black people he's intolerant of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i lived a block away from this place

https://casertapizzeria.com/

and until via313 opened in austin it was literally the best pizza i've ever had

ok my loving boss says via313 is the best pizza he’s ever had all the time. Being in New York literally everyone at work gives him poo poo for this. What’s up with via313?

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Wait did they actually make Sheldon from BBT a racist?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Wow this dude music choices suck, why are they all more then 30 year old bands *checks wikipedia* ooooooo

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/AlecBaldwln____/status/911425278123048960

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

galagazombie posted:

Wait did they actually make Sheldon from BBT a racist?

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

. It's possible that he was on at least a cordial relationship with Joyce Kim, Howard's ex Korean gf who turned out to be a spy (as I am no doubt you are aware), but we only see them interact once, in a flashback.

It's only black people he's intolerant of.

That was Leonards gf
ed sorry that was unecessary hostile from me

I Love Loosies has issued a correction as of 13:18 on Oct 22, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
isn't Raj the guy who literally can't talk to women, like he physically loses the ability to speak around any woman? It feels like the answer to 'why is Sheldon bad at race things' may have to do with him being on a show where the only minority characters are a guy so terrified of women he has a mental disability around it and a Korean spy.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Just watched dune and it owned hth

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

he should run for president

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this is me but around biden primary voters

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I wanted to like Dune. I've read the novels up to Children and thought the David Lynch film was OK in a Cheezy sort of way.

Villenueve can do visuals, but it isn't very well acted and the fight scenes are awkward. Oscar Issac was the best actor in the cast, but Chala met was horrible, my God. It's a good thing he's a pretty face, or he'd have no movie career.

It could have been a good miniseries, but I think the SciFi channel poisoned that well ages ago. Ah well.

Okuteru has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Oct 22, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
good looking people can't act

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Judakel posted:

good looking people can't act

Oscar Issac tho.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Forceholy posted:

Oscar Issac tho.

he is very short, so he doesn't really count

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The woman who plays Liet Kynes came off extremely wooden to me, such a step down in talent from Max Von Sydow it pulled me out of the film for a minute.

Villeneuve really needed to film this all together at once ala LOTR though.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1451539334142779396?s=20

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LOCK HIM UP

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Can Trump please comment on the Baldwin predicament?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
non-union prop master who handles live ammunition

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Mantis42 posted:

it's possible that he was on at least a cordial relationship with Joyce Kim, Howard's ex Korean gf who turned out to be a spy (as I am no doubt you are aware),l

I'm sorry fuckin what?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dr. Killjoy posted:

non-union prop master who handles live ammunition

"Witnesses reported that the prop master was a 6'4" bald man with a barcode tattoo and ill-fitting clothes. He is alleged to have told the assistant director that the upcoming scene was 'to die for' prior to leaving the area."

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I'm sorry fuckin what?

if you think thats funny wait until you see her wiki page

quote:

It is likely that Joyce Kim was executed upon returning to North Korea due to the NK regime having an infamous and extremely-low tolerance for failure and would highly likely find being unable to tolerate a pesky roommate an unacceptable reason for failing to obtain US Government secrets from a scientist involved in a government project. Even if she was directly related to Kim Jong-il (since Kim is actually the family's surname), nepotism has not prevented members of the Kim family from being targeted for assassination, as evidenced by the 2017 assassination of Kim Jong-nam.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

"Witnesses reported that the prop master was a 6'4" bald man with a barcode tattoo and ill-fitting clothes. He is alleged to have told the assistant director that the upcoming scene was 'to die for' prior to leaving the area."

Hahahaha oh my god if someone pulled a Curtains Down in real life I'm gonna fuckn plotz

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

maybe joyce kim was actually so desperately lonely due to social isolation caused by people assuming she was a north korean fifth columnist she was willing to hang out with a nerdy loser like leonard but when even he and his roommate started making racist assumptions about her it facilitated a mental breakdown where she decided defecting back to north korea was the better option because at least people in her own country didnt constantly treat her like poo poo all the time

or maybe north koreans are innately evil unlike our naive innocent genius white boys who come from a good country that would never break hearts for sinister purposes

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Some Guy TT posted:

if you think thats funny wait until you see her wiki page

It's easy to assume they were related because there aren't that many Kim's in Korea

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Seinfeld did the “Lead gets an asian girlfriend” episode right by not actually having an asian woman in the episode

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

the new red dawn is loving hilarious btw

my favorite bit is when hemsworth says something along the lines of "out there in afghanistan, we are the good guys, we bring order. in here, we are the bad guys, we bring chaos". the lack of self awareness required to write that line is staggering

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/1451602141018263564?s=20

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Agent 47 did it again!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao baldwin is a producer, too. what a piece of poo poo

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
huh why is that tweet deleted suddenly

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

ok my loving boss says via313 is the best pizza he’s ever had all the time. Being in New York literally everyone at work gives him poo poo for this. What’s up with via313?

detroit style pizza is just a square pan pizza, and via does it best. it's got the best crust

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

huh why is that tweet deleted suddenly

baldwin told higgins he had a prop gun for him

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
lmao imagining Alec Baldwin sitting in the audience during the "In Memoriam" montage at next year's Oscars

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I Love Loosies posted:

That was Leonards gf

Trap Sprung :smug:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

the new red dawn is loving hilarious btw

It reminds me of how great CHUD patriot fiction is, where the prologue will gravely intone, "When North Korea took Hawaii in '24, the Democrats held fast against a military response," that beautiful disconnect between the attempt at GRITTY REALISM brought to life by a child playing with crayons

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

If only that movie were filming on 5th avenue in New York so the trump tweets could come full circle

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I really need loving Trump to comment on the Baldwin stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

Nichael posted:

I really need loving Trump to comment on the Baldwin stuff.