Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Insurrectionist posted:

Think I'm gonna start Octavian's version of the Spectral Helix build since it's the kind of build I haven't done in ages (projectiles/bottom of the tree), it's nicely tanky which I like, and it's got good damage with lovely starter gear (the 365dps axe is about the only tough thing to get). Setting gem levels/quality down and adjusting to 5L with very little on config still gives me 670k dps vs Sirus in POB which seems plenty.

One thing I don't like about his version is that, being HC, he doesn't prioritize going fast much. POB doesn't even have a movement skill lol. It has decent inc attack speed, what's the go-to attack-based movement skill in these modern POE days?

On a fast 1hander, leap slam - faster attacks - (maybe lifetap if you reserve most of your mana) is hard to beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Deciding between Champion TR or PF SA right now.

Feel like I should go Champion TR since all the chaos gear and clusters will be expensive anyway

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I get hit all the time so fortify is a must

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I don't know if everyone going champ over raider on softcore really understands the severe speed difference.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t need to go fast because I loot and ID rares

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

search engine posted:

On a fast 1hander, leap slam - faster attacks - (maybe lifetap if you reserve most of your mana) is hard to beat.

Sounds good, a little tight in his gem-setup but I fit it in

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

euphronius posted:

*veteran player pukes*

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also yes I’m ignoring the attack speed from steroid onslaught and easy frenzys

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
With the way this league gimmick seems to want you to quick clear as many things as possible in the dark world - could it be Flicker Strike time???
https://pastebin.com/LB4a2CdF i nabbed this PoB off the forums but it looks a little fragile (5k life and no chaos res seems pretty spooky even with 100% spell suppression) what do y'all think

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Jinnigan posted:

*veteran player pukes*

I...still after many years, am lost on this. The knowledge says "Don't pick up anything." The knowledge says ""Trade/buy what you need." With what? "Currency". That never drops. Trade items." You just said, 'don't pick anything up!'

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jean Eric Burn posted:

I don't know if everyone going champ over raider on softcore really understands the severe speed difference.

It's not that severe

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jinnigan posted:

*veteran player pukes*

*smiles in ssf*

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Bloodly posted:

I...still after many years, am lost on this. The knowledge says "Don't pick up anything." The knowledge says ""Trade/buy what you need." With what? "Currency". That never drops. Trade items." You just said, 'don't pick anything up!'

Don't pick up rares, do pick up other things

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

TheRat posted:

It's not that severe

Ya if you slap on a QotF Champ has like >+160% MS

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Soooooooooooon

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1451579353058340866

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Patch is up now

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Steam is letting me update now!

Hauki
May 11, 2010

euphronius posted:

:mods:

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

euphronius posted:

Same OP, you can never be sure that an insane confluence of previously undiscovered bugs ISN'T going to turn that level 46 Faun's Horn into a mirror-tier monstrosity once the scroll touches it.

The universe is full of possibilities! :peanut:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jean Eric Burn posted:

Daresso's Defiance + Perseverance gets you permanent doubled onslaught.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I'm looking forward to being stuck in queue with you guys tonight.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

euphronius posted:

I wish they would revert seismic cry :(

The only nerf they ever did that hurts

it was annoying to manage but drat it didn't matter because bleed slams were fun. I just want to use sunder for something again.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Traxis posted:

Ya if you slap on a QotF Champ has like >+160% MS

slap that poo poo on a raider and its 210

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Pro click:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z85bncz5p7ytxuw/AABZLxOhM5bzgR4EFW5QovXia?dl=0

After you are done patching, drag your GPPK file on to that exe, and it creates a second defragmented GPPK that is like 1 to 10 GB smaller.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
After deciding to play this league, I basically ignored everything until today. Have just been through 30+ pages of the thread and am now suitably excited. All I need now is a witty character name and a ton of luck. See youse in the queues.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

queeb posted:

slap that poo poo on a raider and its 210

Which isn't really a significant difference 99% of the time

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

TheRat posted:

Which isn't really a significant difference 99% of the time

or, dont slap it on, keep the 1k es recovery from ghost dance while a champ has to give that up to match even a fraction of our power

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I know Seismic Trap excels at bossing, but can it do decent map clears with Desang too? I don’t need to be the absolute fastest but I don’t want to be a snail either.

I’ve never played a trapper, so I’m strongly considering starting with one. I just don’t want to feel like I’ve got terrible map clear speed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

queeb posted:

or, dont slap it on, keep the 1k es recovery from ghost dance while a champ has to give that up to match even a fraction of our power

Your fractions are weird as heck

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

For those who really care about how many 1000 deep you are in the queue, I launched after patching and it goes through a cache cleanup process which takes a bit first. May want to do that before the queue goes up.

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Queue is up.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Hope everyone has a good season!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my lowest queue ever. A auspicious omen

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
7299 :toot:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Got PoB loaded, character name reserved, Vaal Orb shirt on. LET'S DO THIS....in two hours.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
*cries in Xbox*

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
12k krew

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

my lowest queue ever. A auspicious omen

Tainted Queue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
2 hours out, 16k in the queue. This one is gonna be popular, eh?