Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

HopperUK posted:

5555 seems awfully quiet

Larry Parrish posted:

i havent seen a single message and i linked a +1 cold wand and somehow nobody wanted it. its busted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

Is +proj gems and such worth it for Spectral Helix while leveling?

I won’t claim it’s 100% optimal, but I had a lot of success just stacking as many sources of added flat damage (elemental in my case for Raider) as I could get my hands on. Helix has a really good added damage effectiveness

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

anyone going slolw act 2 and wanna team up?

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
How do you krangle an item the second and third time? Does that only get enabled with the map krangler?

It feels better going back the way you came when you enter the krangled realm, because you snap back to where you started after the meter depletes. Could also use it to scout ahead and avoid dead ends during levelling.

I kind of wish the meter filled up slower and lasted longer, it's going to be annoying having to remember to click the button every time it fills up in maps.

The masteries are pretty good for giving you boosts to make levelling easier, like tiny ascension points.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

this league is going to be insane holy poo poo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you put white items in the krangler it turns them into rares for you :)

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

How do you krangle an item the second and third time? Does that only get enabled with the map krangler?

It feels better going back the way you came when you enter the krangled realm, because you snap back to where you started after the meter depletes. Could also use it to scout ahead and avoid dead ends during levelling.

I kind of wish the meter filled up slower and lasted longer, it's going to be annoying having to remember to click the button every time it fills up in maps.

The masteries are pretty good for giving you boosts to make levelling easier, like tiny ascension points.

I don't like going back because items that drop in the krangle dimension don't warp to you once it ends so if something good drops and you clear behind you, you either miss it or have to backtrack

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Anyone able to reinvite me to the guild?

IGN in scourge sc is Gooo

Haven't played the last couple leagues, was ToyotaAEEightSix in Ritual

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Anyone able to reinvite me to the guild?

IGN in scourge sc is Gooo

Haven't played the last couple leagues, was ToyotaAEEightSix in Ritual

invited. There's a few of you with waiting invites so check your social tab if you think you should have gotten one

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Thread seems to have died, league must be good now

Maybe by the time I can start I'll have made up my mind on what to start with :thunk:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Can I get an invite? Character's name is IveGotTheUrgeToScourge (or DaveKap if the account name works)

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
https://twitter.com/bexsayswords/status/1451685826300026880

sdr782
Jun 7, 2005

"I said it was dodgeball time, bitch."

dyzzy posted:

Thread seems to have died, league must be good now

Maybe by the time I can start I'll have made up my mind on what to start with :thunk:

Connection issues seem to have been fixed for a while, and league mechanic is good.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

When do you get access to Krangle level 2 and 3? League mechanic is good except for the part where due to it not being a big drops league I'm probably not going to manage to get a random free Tabula before maps this time. Krangling stuff is fun as hell though, is this the fabled close your eyes and slam exalts experience Chris was trying to sell us?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Is Absolution any good? What poo poo am I supposed to be linking to it? Spell Echo?

edit: can the Sentinels make more of themselves with their absolutions?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is absolution the one that launched so bad they gave it like a 400% mid-league buff and then it was still bad

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

2 crashes in 5 minutes :ohdear:

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

for what it's worth i switched to texas after getting dc'ed a bunch when the league first launched and i've only had a couple of disconnects since then

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Pretty pleased I got to act 4 in about 3.5 hours played then wife called me down for dinner :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FYI: linking items in chat doesn’t work at the moment. Any goon who tries it after this post is posted will face disciplinary action

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.
Tryna play this season after not playing for a long time. Does path of building still work? It's all updated but I get an error whenever I enter my build.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nutsack Rangoon posted:

Tryna play this season after not playing for a long time. Does path of building still work? It's all updated but I get an error whenever I enter my build.

Google “Path of Building Community”, it’s a separate install run by different people I believe, and now much more often used

Nutsack Rangoon
Mar 30, 2010

EVERYTHING IS NUMBERED HERE. THE MONSTER IS ZERO.

Jay Rust posted:

Google “Path of Building Community”, it’s a separate install run by different people I believe, and now much more often used

Thanks!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Elentor posted:

Ok so uh what build do I play

downstairs duelists are hell of meta this league if that helps

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Is the stacking quant/rarity applied outside of Scourge areas, or am I being stupid?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
can I get a guild reinvite? on as Purple_Raine

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Keru posted:

Is the stacking quant/rarity applied outside of Scourge areas, or am I being stupid?

It's only for slain Scourge which are only in Scourge.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I was curious if I was reading that really wrong, thanks.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Keru posted:

I was curious if I was reading that really wrong, thanks.

Hopefully I didn't sound like an rear end in a top hat answering, it's hard to nicely point out this sort of thing when the answer is in the same post as the question. :xd:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone invite LemmenParty please

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Got a buddy who has played D2 but is totally brand new to PoE entirely interested in this league. Is there an approved Actual Newbie guide like Enki Arc Witch that’s updated for the current patch?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Aerox posted:

Got a buddy who has played D2 but is totally brand new to PoE entirely interested in this league. Is there an approved Actual Newbie guide like Enki Arc Witch that’s updated for the current patch?

Enki retooled it into a templar build, check the templar forum, it should be right there.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Aerox posted:

Shak's cold dot guide is great, and the build is easy and strong (does require some expensive items to get to strong endgame)

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

connection was fine for a while and then i dc'ed fighting tukohama 3 times in a row. not my night i guess

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Stolen from reddit

The heartiest of lmaos

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

When do you get access to Krangle level 2 and 3? League mechanic is good except for the part where due to it not being a big drops league I'm probably not going to manage to get a random free Tabula before maps this time. Krangling stuff is fun as hell though, is this the fabled close your eyes and slam exalts experience Chris was trying to sell us?

The number of times you can krangle depends on the item's level. I started getting the option rekrangle in the 40s, I think. Don't know yet when third reroll opens up.

Zero VGS posted:

Is Absolution any good? What poo poo am I supposed to be linking to it? Spell Echo?

edit: can the Sentinels make more of themselves with their absolutions?

I can't tell you if it's good, but Echo is a fine support. You'll want Phys to Light if you don't have another form of conversion, and then normal damage supports—Conc Effect for boses, Ele Focus is probably fine, the minion supports if your personal damage feels OK.

Sentinels cannot make more of themselves. You have to keep hitting things to keep them around.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Every time I close the menu, PoE automatically loads my synced filterblade filter, even if I tell it to load 'none' or a local filter instead. Do I have to turn this off on filterblade.xyz somehow?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
This league worth coming back for if the last few haven't really appealed? I like the look of these insane drops even early on. I tend to get burned out on PoE in a couple of dozen hours, so if I can have my fill but also get cool poo poo from the league mechanic that sounds grand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
So what's the word on poison conc? Is it worth it? Pathfinder or occ?