Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I’m still having a ton of fun with this game. About 55 hours in and just hit level 40. The music and setting and story are all very cool and very up my alley. Combat is amazing, I like a lot of the skills. Fire staff is hella fun but spear is a second close for my favorite. If you like a fun to play MMO with an intriguing story sprinkled on top (it’s definitely sprinkled in), this is worth playing at least from 1-60.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
it's been a fun time. I won't call it a good game the same way I won't call atlas a good game but a game doesn't have to be good to be fun for a while

invasions are basically 50-man MMO tower defense and are extremely loving cool and I am looking forward to the entire genre of video games that will come from it in years to come

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Revolutionary new video game genre “Horde mode but with dollar store Dark Souls combat”.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Meme Poker Party posted:

Revolutionary new video game genre “Horde mode but with dollar store Dark Souls combat”.

and taxes

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

is there a horde mode game with 50 people? I'd play it

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I quit this terrible game weeks ago but was told to catch up on this thread, and boy howdy how has this lovely excuse for a game drawn this much drama and horrible people lmao lmao lmao

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
This thread definitely lives up to the games forum rename standards

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

I quit this terrible game weeks ago but was told to catch up on this thread, and boy howdy how has this lovely excuse for a game drawn this much drama and horrible people lmao lmao lmao

It's incredible, love this site's content

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

CLAM DOWN posted:

The worst games consistently deliver the best threads.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Will have to go back some pages, but apparently the op needs an update concerning the eu goon company.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Will have to go back some pages, but apparently the op needs an update concerning the eu goon company.

I'm not going to read back to find a single post. Someone else will be taking over this thread shortly.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm not going to read back to find a single post. Someone else will be taking over this thread shortly.

yeah this game blows, really not worth the effort.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
In retrospect I should have seen this coming. Games with pvp bring a certain kind of dramatic audience and this game got a lot more hype than I expected.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Freakazoid_ posted:

In retrospect I should have seen this coming. Games with pvp bring a certain kind of dramatic audience and this game got a lot more hype than I expected.

its made by amazon using cryengine which can't support an MMO (star citizen is on it lmao), and a lot of it is client based so that's why all these hacks are coming out. there's no endgame, they couldn't even have transfers up for over a day before hacks lol

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Every time I come back to this thread there's another goon meltdown.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

Yeah the drama's come as a surprise since I've only played with goon in WoW on a PvE server and FFXIV and everyone was extremely chill. Shoulda figured there'd be a lot more drama in a PvP-focused game lol.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

FrostyPox posted:

Yeah the drama's come as a surprise since I've only played with goon in WoW on a PvE server and FFXIV and everyone was extremely chill. Shoulda figured there'd be a lot more drama in a PvP-focused game lol.

especially when it's a rush to become the 1% and own everything game. no one but sweaties like ad khan is doing all that poo poo.

seems like everyone else picks flowers and stuff until they realize that's the whole game unless you're on the companies special 50 ppl allowed to participate. lick those boots and pay your taxes

piss-bottle man
Jan 1, 2010

covered in cat hair

Logged in for the first time in a while and I was reassigned to a random company...Fed Turquoise or something. What happened now? I will probably just leave and play solo until I drop this game, which I'm thinking will be pretty soon.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

piss-bottle man posted:

Logged in for the first time in a while and I was reassigned to a random company...Fed Turquoise or something. What happened now? I will probably just leave and play solo until I drop this game, which I'm thinking will be pretty soon.

Community Unity Movement was forced to change names so you're still in the same company

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

picking flowers and fishing pretty much all i done the last two days, it's pretty chill

piss-bottle man posted:

thats goons, cum changed their name

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Barreft posted:

especially when it's a rush to become the 1% and own everything game. no one but sweaties like ad khan is doing all that poo poo.

seems like everyone else picks flowers and stuff until they realize that's the whole game unless you're on the companies special 50 ppl allowed to participate. lick those boots and pay your taxes

I’m having a great time just loving around doing whatever and slowly leveling. I can’t imagine getting sweaty about this broken loving game.

piss-bottle man
Jan 1, 2010

covered in cat hair

That Works posted:

Community Unity Movement was forced to change names so you're still in the same company

Ah, good to know. Thank you.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Where’s the goon on Orofena because idk if all of this annoying drama and crying over Fed or flaming people in general chat is for me. Just wanna chill and have fun in this cool game. Or maybe it’s just a vocal minority I’m reading itt.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Doing an invasion
https://twitch.tv/nfcknblvbl

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

yikes

looks just like that wow isle of conquest battleground.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

not a bad try

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We did pretty well I think!

About to go to war in 30.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

The royllo guild is waiting a week or so and then transferring to a different server so that'll need an update too, and another goon guild is supposedly moving to group up with then. So since that'll all need an update too, it's probably worth opening a new thread when that happens to start fresh and such.

Also I've got the feeling that this one is gonna get one more dumb drama blowup.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

yeah getting down to 5 minutes left is not quite a win but it's close enough that some cleanup and strat tightening will get you there. you are almost there.

we insisted we wouldnt win invasions by glitching them out and it made the first one we won legit a hell of a lot sweeter

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Ad by Khad posted:

picking flowers and fishing pretty much all i done the last two days, it's pretty chill

yeah i have a ton of money tied up in stuff that no one is buying right now so it's a good time to just chill and catch fish

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Astryl posted:

Every time I come back to this thread there's another goon meltdown.

Check in more often please

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

FrostyPox posted:

I wish this game was actually pvp focused

Pussy Snorkel
Sep 12, 2008

With the Pussy Snorkel, any man can be a dive master.

Ort posted:

Where’s the goon on Orofena because idk if all of this annoying drama and crying over Fed or flaming people in general chat is for me. Just wanna chill and have fun in this cool game. Or maybe it’s just a vocal minority I’m reading itt.

That's me. Feel free to PM.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I think the drama is just dumb and annoying, so you are not alone. We just arent part of the conversation.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

BadLlama posted:

I wish this game was actually pvp focused

I should say nominally-PvP-focused.

But yeah I'm enjoying the game playing casually, I just hope there's enough people to do dungeons and elite quests with by the time I hit 60. And that if/when we transfer we can do some war stuff.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
Khad i don't know how much you've experienced this, but people that are flagged for PVP will often show up to fishing spots (especially the first one at Jonas or whatever his name is). a great thing to do is to run quickly to the nearest shrine, flag for pvp, and then sneak up behind them and as soon as your pvp timer is off you can flank the poo poo out of them

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

yeah that sounds like a good trick if it works for you. I dont really see flagged people at fishing spots, I've only recently started seeing people at ALL in fishing spots in my usual places (CK, MD, RS, RW, etc)

once I get the fishing quest chain and my major trophies sorted I'll probably only fish in areas where the legendary fish is actually useful, it's pretty dumb and weird that most of them arent used for anything yet. CK and MB are good lower-end zones with an actually useful orange fish

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ad by Khad posted:

we insisted we wouldnt win invasions by glitching them out and it made the first one we won legit a hell of a lot sweeter

Ah now you have principles...

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Ad by Khad posted:

edit: lmfao at the idea we'd want more territory, three is already too much and we're considering dropping one, not adding one

congratulations on your fourth territory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

synapse posted:

congratulations on your fourth territory!

Really? Lol