Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Smoking crack opens the mind for creating the perfect towel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Keep waiting for Neo-Nazis to pop up pushing these towels as proof most towels are bad because they are Jewish science

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutsche_Physik

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

nine-gear crow posted:

I have had towels that don't absorb any water, I've had towels that absorb too much water. Creating the perfect towel is an art form.

Thank God we have a visionary like Mike Lindell on the case.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

"You can have our nuclear subs but only if you take Candace Owens too"

Hmm... not a good deal I'm afraid. I'd be willing to take Candace in return for not having to take your nuclear subs?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Stop staring into the abyss what is wrong with you

That is the plan is to stop, yes. :v: Fox News is unavoidable to an extent but I'm definitely going to be taking a break from listening to the idiots on FNR.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/21/us/politics/matt-gaetz-justice-department.html
Justice Dept. Adds Two Top Prosecutors to Matt Gaetz Case

quote:

The Justice Department has added two top prosecutors from Washington to the child sex trafficking investigation of Representative Matt Gaetz, according to two people briefed on the matter, a sign of the complex and high-stakes nature of the inquiry into Mr. Gaetz, a Florida Republican who is one of former President Donald J. Trump’s closest congressional allies.

The prosecutors — one a public corruption investigator with an expertise in child exploitation crimes, and the other a top leader of the public corruption unit — have been working on the Florida-based investigation for at least three months, the people said.

Hmmm, adding 2 new prosecutors to the Matt Gaetz case who specialize in child sex trafficking, i'm sure he didnt do anything wrong as he says though.
It'll all turn out ok Matt.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The segment you quoted was ambiguous as to whether the two prosecutors were being added to help investigate the case, or whether they were being added as additional defendants. I'm guessing the former but both seemed plausible.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gaetz is super hosed, it's just a matter of when the hammer drops

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Gaetz is super hosed, it's just a matter of when the hammer drops

I just don't believe it until I see it. its the Mueller thing all over again.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I just don't believe it until I see it. its the Mueller thing all over again.
The Feds aren't making a deal with a slimeball like Joel Greenberg (my former county tax collector) if they aren't going after Gaetz directly.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Feds aren't making a deal with a slimeball like Joel Greenberg Paul Manafort (my former county ostrich suit retailer) if they aren't going after Gaetz Trump directly.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Bill Barr isn't around to quash the investigation this time around

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
Those situations are not even remotely comparable. All the Trump/Russia stuff was like cork board red string theorizing, and when they indicted Manafort they got him on stuff that wasn't directly related to Trump.

Greenberg is a direct accomplice in actual crimes with Gaetz. The only reason Gaetz hasn't been indicted yet is that feds need to be absolutely certain they have the right evidence to convict for a specific charge. In recent weeks there's been some question as to whether or not Greenberg's cooperation is actually leading to that evidence.

If Gaetz weren't a sitting member of Congress he'd have been indicted at the same time as Greenberg.

ErIog fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Oct 23, 2021

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Sometimes I think we're too accustomed to the background radiation of Trump insanity and we forget to look at it properly.

The most recent President of the United States, in response to an offhand anecdote in a Variety magazine interview with a C-list celeb living solely off her dead dad's name, typed up on his official letterhead a rambling attack calling her out for boo-hooing about her former job (correctly, which is even more insane), pivoting to saying how nice he was to her dad, then calling him a piece of poo poo, pointing out how badly he did in college, then telling her to fight the real enemy.

Sometimes you just have to step back and appreciate the art

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ErIog posted:

Those situations are not even remotely comparable. All the Trump/Russia stuff was like cork board red string theorizing, and when they indicted Manafort they got him on stuff that wasn't directly related to Trump.

Greenberg is a direct accomplice in actual crimes with Gaetz. The only reason Gaetz hasn't been indicted yet is that feds need to be absolutely certain they have the right evidence to convict. If Gaetz weren't a sitting member of Congress he'd have been indicted at the same time as Greenberg.
It's this, yeah.

You can't rush into indicting a sitting member of Congress until you have an ironclad case.

Re: Mueller, it was very obvious that he did not want to step too far out of line for his report, and also neither Sessions nor Barr were going to let him fight the White House with subpoenas. Plus almost as soon as Barr became AG, Barr shut him down and made him push out his report.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

Clarste posted:

The segment you quoted was ambiguous as to whether the two prosecutors were being added to help investigate the case, or whether they were being added as additional defendants. I'm guessing the former but both seemed plausible.

If you use chrome there are 2 things to get past paywalls.
This one just lets you toggle javascript which usually helps on places like Washington Post.
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/quick-javascript-switcher/geddoclleiomckbhadiaipdggiiccfje
And Bypass Paywalls which usually helps with everything else.
https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome/releases

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

"muh freedumz!"

I wonder if these assholes are mad at their parents for getting them polio and measles vaccines? I swear to god if we fought WW2 right now, not only would we lose but 1/3 of this country would side with the nazis.

If I recall correctly, quite a lot of Americans DID side with them, or at least weren't fully against them. But then once we got attacked by their allies we decided to go fight em.

I think the thing that many people then (and even now) found evil about the nazis wasn't the fascism, but the holocaust alone.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The USA famously recruited many high-ranking Nazis and reinstalled Nazis throughout Germany's judiciary and executive. People who got rich supplying the Nazis, using Nazi slave labour, or looting Jewish possessions also went largely unpunished.

Rearmament was also pretty quick.

One can't shake the impression that the primary fault the USA found with the Nazis was that they were losing a war and their territory to the USSR.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

CodfishCartographer posted:

If I recall correctly, quite a lot of Americans DID side with them, or at least weren't fully against them. But then once we got attacked by their allies we decided to go fight em.

I think the thing that many people then (and even now) found evil about the nazis wasn't the fascism, but the holocaust alone.

It was a crazy time where the right liked the Nazis until they declared war on us and the communists liked the Nazis until they declared war on the USSR.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Antigravitas posted:

The USA famously recruited many high-ranking Nazis and reinstalled Nazis throughout Germany's judiciary and executive. People who got rich supplying the Nazis, using Nazi slave labour, or looting Jewish possessions also went largely unpunished.

Rearmament was also pretty quick.

One can't shake the impression that the primary fault the USA found with the Nazis was that they were losing a war and their territory to the USSR.

I have bad news about the DDR

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I have bad news about the DDR

It costs like five bucks in quarters to play and you'll always get beaten by the skinny hyperactive Asian kid.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Twelve by Pies posted:

That is the plan is to stop, yes. :v: Fox News is unavoidable to an extent but I'm definitely going to be taking a break from listening to the idiots on FNR.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but if there is some aspect of your life which forces you to consume RWM, you should seriously consider removing that thing from your life because that poo poo is terrible for your mental health and provides absolutely nothing positive

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

My mom's husband watches Fox News all day so every time I come downstairs I have to hear it at least a little. Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of that, since moving out isn't an option due to lack of funds.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

My mom's husband watches Fox News all day so every time I come downstairs I have to hear it at least a little. Unfortunately there's no way to get rid of that, since moving out isn't an option due to lack of funds.

Parental controls work just as well on the age group it was not intended for.

Is it your house? Ban that poo poo.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
The 19 Truths Of Donald Trump would be a scorcher of a novel

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kavros posted:

The 19 Truths Of Donald Trump would be a scorcher of a novel

Amazon.com posted:

SYNOPSIS: Intrepid adventurer/historian Professor Robert Langdon must scour the globe to uncover the only 19 true statements ever made by former (and possibly future) president Donald J. Trump. He's joined on his quest by a sexy and mysterious Twitter support manager, who's called away from her job of ignoring safety complaints against the company by a strange connection she shares with the former POTUS's former Twitter account. It's a daring race against time to uncover the "truths". Is "I love Don Jr." among them?

Find out in Dan Brown's THE 19 TRUTHS OF DONALD TRUMP, on sale now!

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's this, yeah.

You can't rush into indicting a sitting member of Congress until you have an ironclad case.

It’s half this and also half that indicting gates and having him get off is just going to make all the right wingers just howl about witch hunts… again.

Which they should know about because they sure do embark on a lot of them. White water, Benghazi, the Dhuram investigation.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

We'll be talking about ya Mike.
And laughing.
https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1451346500303343618

Mostly laughing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
But the SCOTUS has a docket/list where they specifically schedule things weeks or months in advance??

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

PhazonLink posted:

But the SCOTUS has a docket/list where they specifically schedule things weeks or months in advance??

At this point, Lindell's probably planning on consuming a few heart attacks' worth of cocaine before forcing himself into the chambers and shouting his nonsense at the justices; and then blaming the bailiffs or whatever for rejecting his god appointed right to redress in front of the court of the country. Or some other half baked, sov citizen pants-on-head-on-fire idea he has to make this happen on his time frame instead of being shot down at every turn like it should be.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

PhazonLink posted:

Yeah but his idiot supporters have no idea how anything works so he can just vomit whatever word salad he wants and people will get all fired up.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Levantine posted:

Yeah but his idiot supporters have no idea how anything works so he can just vomit whatever word salad he wants and people will get all fired up.

It's honestly surprising how several keywords define Trump.

Supporters will come from hundreds of miles away to watch a senile grandpa yell at a cloud as long as he says one or two words they have embedded into their worm-rotting brains.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

More, SCOTUS simply doesn’t review factual arguments, only disputes of the law. They adjudicate the meaning of laws where they are disputed. if you need anything else, like for example to make a case where you present evidence of fraud, you do that somewhere else first. Except in like one very rare circumstance in disputes between states.

So, you can’t just ‘take a case’ to SCOTUS at all.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Also SCOTUS gets to decide what cases they want to hear

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

As soon as the case is introduced, SCOTUS will drop everything and take it up. That's just how good his evidence is.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Fox News is unavoidable to an extent
Yikes, man - if you're seeing Fox News that many places in public, move to a city or a majority-minority area. If it's because of family, then :sever:

(j/k about that last part - I am ethnically Finnish but I am not DarkCrawler :v:)

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Is it your house? Ban that poo poo.

It's my mom's house, if it was my house yeah he wouldn't be living here.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well, good luck with that. maybe get him some wireless headphones so nobody else has to hear it. either that or draw a sharpie mustache where Tucker's stupid face always sits.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Still lollin that Tucker has exactly one face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

I went to my wife’s parents and my father in law has thing thing where he rotates through all the news channels to see what’s going on.

It came to fox and their was some panel thing and the host starts off with a winking joke questioning the existence of the Holocaust. I asked him how could anything that came after be taken as an honest attempt at debate or discussion?

He didn’t have an answer for that and avoided fox while I was there but I assume he put it back in rotation once I left. The guys almost 80 so he’s not changing his ways at this point.