Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What a dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
He's under active investigation for leaking video game secrets

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Dude's clearly a pedophile.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Brother Make posted:

I'm surprised no one asked about this in the last panel. I asked some Internet-savvy natives, and apparently websites like 2ch will temporarily ban entire ISPs (or sometimes just groups of IPs) until the ISPs themselves address the offending poster. Or at least that's how I understood the explanation.

I didn't want to look stupid!

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

Brother Make posted:

I'm surprised no one asked about this in the last panel. I asked some Internet-savvy natives, and apparently websites like 2ch will temporarily ban entire ISPs (or sometimes just groups of IPs) until the ISPs themselves address the offending poster. Or at least that's how I understood the explanation.

And the ISP does what, cancels your internet service for a while? So this is like if some kid bought a bunch of accounts to spam goatse on SA and Jeffrey made a call and no one from western PA could post for a couple hours until Comcast sent a strongly worded email to weedlordgoku69?

E: Obviously Tohru's next move is to discretely enquire about his co-workers' internet plans tomorrow at work.

purplestuffedworm fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 22, 2021

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
I think It’s just that most ISPs don’t give users their own IP address, but have a common pool that’s given to whoever logs in at the time. So the only way to stop someone creating a new account to avoid a ban is to ban all IP addresses that ISP can issue. You can’t just ban their IP address because it changes all the time.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah, 2ch and other sites that are built off the same image board technology are largely based around anonymous posting, so banning user accounts isn't an option. The only thing they can really do is issue IP bans, which aren't very effective unless you ban a range of IPs. I don't think they really care what your ISP does about it.

Nowadays it's pretty much a lost cause since you can just take your phone off wifi and post using whatever IP gets assigned to your data connection.

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

hyphz posted:

I think It’s just that most ISPs don’t give users their own IP address, but have a common pool that’s given to whoever logs in at the time. So the only way to stop someone creating a new account to avoid a ban is to ban all IP addresses that ISP can issue. You can’t just ban their IP address because it changes all the time.

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah, 2ch and other sites that are built off the same image board technology are largely based around anonymous posting, so banning user accounts isn't an option. The only thing they can really do is issue IP bans, which aren't very effective unless you ban a range of IPs. I don't think they really care what your ISP does about it.

Nowadays it's pretty much a lost cause since you can just take your phone off wifi and post using whatever IP gets assigned to your data connection.

Ok, that makes sense, I got thrown a bit by the phrasing in the original note. I'm somewhat relieved to know that Japanese ISPs don't penalize their clients for bad posting.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
They should just ban all Comcast posters though, imo.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

McGavin posted:

Dude's clearly a pedophile.

drat that's like the best way out of this situation isn't it?

"Oh god the spirits are telling me you wish the age of consent was lowered to the singular digits and they're telling me it's best if we stopped speaking immediately wow, you're a real sicko but it's not me saying that, it's the spirits"

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

As always, the Internet meme speech is only partially translatable.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Brother Make posted:

As always, the Internet meme speech is only partially translatable.

I agree with the poster that thinks King Kong would have been a better secret boss.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

"Your most serious problem is that you look like a huge dork. Ask your mom if she can turn on the lights before she dresses you next time. Maybe don't sit in the chair of the only barber without a line, either"

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Cat Hatter posted:

"Your most serious problem is that you look like a huge dork. Ask your mom if she can turn on the lights before she dresses you next time. Maybe don't sit in the chair of the only barber without a line, either"

dang, that's pretty good

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The correct play here is to say you're going to have to look deeper, peer at him for a moment, then look disgusted and tell him to never approach you again or you'll tell the police what you saw

Vomit on the sidewalk if possible

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

flavor.flv posted:

The correct play here is to say you're going to have to look deeper, peer at him for a moment, then look disgusted and tell him to never approach you again or you'll tell the police what you saw

Vomit on the sidewalk if possible

A good medium needs to be able to vomit on command when ectoplasm is needed.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Some real sherlock holmes poo poo going on rn

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
im going to go ahead and guess that his problem is with psychics

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
(IT'S MODS. IT'S A CRIME)

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Has the "millionaire" Neet even remembered to take the lottery ticket from his company locker before he quit or..?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Only a crime on something awful

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

The Alchemist posted:

Has the "millionaire" Neet even remembered to take the lottery ticket from his company locker before he quit or..?

:ohdear:

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
gently caress millionaire NEET imo. He's right at the bottom of my favorite NEET list.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Every other character is more criminal than Crime Neet, none of the "Neets" are even real Neets. "Millionaire Neet" will never see the money, mark my words he will be homeless before the end.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

:mods:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

13 hours

short clear time

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben
Tohru becomes a DRM coder with built-in “self defence”..

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

champagne posting posted:

13 hours

short clear time

I can imagine Tohru taking a moment to analyze the situation before each move in a turn-based rpg.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Aardvark! posted:

what if somebody figured out how to cheat at the game

finally i guessed something

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

champagne posting posted:

13 hours

short clear time

Considering it's got the vibe of those jrpgs where the expected playtime is like 70+ hours, 13 for a full clear is pretty drat short.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

aaa god dammit neet why do you care so much argh

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Space Kablooey posted:

aaa god dammit neet why do you care so much argh

It's funny, this is actually a pretty good thought process for a QA tester. Notice something that is off and rather than making a knee-jerk assumption on the problem, you spend time thinking through the different possibilities to try and identify the most likely cause.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Yeah, it is a job well suited to such a ponderous thinker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I guess I'm too cynical to do real deep debugging outside my work hours anymore.