Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure it's console only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I bet vice city and gta 3 end up on gamepass at some point based on RDR2 and GTA5. Glad SA is what we got as it's the only one I want to try. Never owned it and I played a bit of the 360 version which was a mobile port and awful.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

American McGay posted:

Pretty sure it's console only.

Yeah, given that it mentions Xbox GamePass and the Rockstar Launcher separately, I'd be surprised if it ends up on PC gamepass.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheScott2K posted:

What I'm really looking forward to is an eventual Steam release of Ratchet and Clank where it turns out the thing works just fine on a SATA SSD

Df already showed it running fine on a way below spec drive

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was the first person in the world to get all the achievements in the 360 port of san andreas and am so mother fuckin tempted to try and be the first for this version too

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I'm only interested if it has the Hot Coffee mod.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i was the first person in the world to get all the achievements in the 360 port of san andreas and am so mother fuckin tempted to try and be the first for this version too

iirc the world record 100% speedrun for San Andreas is like 12 hours or something, so I hope you're quick! That's on PC though, so I dunno how many mods are involved

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Lammasu posted:

I'm only interested if it has the Hot Coffee mod.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Seriously though, remember how the Hot Coffee thing got almost as much news coverage as Columbine?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Lammasu posted:

Seriously though, remember how the Hot Coffee thing got almost as much news coverage as Columbine?

It's hilarious in hindsight and also in the future when something just as stupid happens.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I think we should all be thankful that Jack Thompson was a terrible lawyer.

I hate to think what would have happened if someone competent was involved

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

webmeister posted:

iirc the world record 100% speedrun for San Andreas is like 12 hours or something, so I hope you're quick! That's on PC though, so I dunno how many mods are involved

drat, I think it spend almost that much time on the stadium races alone during my 100% run. There was one in particular (the 8-track) I just sucked at and had to retry over and over again.

I also 100%ed Vice City... on the iPad. Somehow the helicopter mini-games and the ambulance activity were pretty doable. Stealing the attack chopper from the army base was way more challenging, because controlling the minigun with a touchscreen was awful.

So yeah, guess I don't really feel the need to play this trilogy ever again lol

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, gave NHL 22 a try and even though it's supposedly running on a new engine now I can't tell a difference between it and the ~5 previous installments. It looks identical, plays identical, the graphics aren't any better, the game stoppage scenes are still 30 fps (lol)...

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2fs89aItOA

Can't loving wait.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
yeah i'm jonesin

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
apparently Echo Generation is really short by RPG standards, like 10 hours or so, which makes me significantly more interested in playing it. sounds like it might need some balance patches though

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

controller light brightness toggle… Xbox stays winning

It's unironically cool, that god drat light is so bright that it's distracting in a dark room. I actually spent some time looking for a setting yesterday and was disappointed that I couldn't find it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They mocked me 3 years ago when i said i put tape over the light

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

It honestly made me wonder how dark the rooms are that you guys are playing in for this to be an issue. I never have noticed a light on a device while playing games.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Seltzer posted:

It honestly made me wonder how dark the rooms are that you guys are playing in for this to be an issue. I never have noticed a light on a device while playing games.

You know. Dark. I'm in Finland where the sun sets before 6 PM these days and it's pitch black by seven. The only lights in my living room are my TV and whatever LEDs are on in my current device.

It's not like the controller light is illuminating the room or anything, but if I hold the controller in a way where the light is in my field of view, I will definitely get noticeable blooming from it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Tsietisin posted:

I think we should all be thankful that Jack Thompson was a terrible lawyer.

I hate to think what would have happened if someone competent was involved

I'm surprised his wife never left him despite all his bullshit. Guy must be hung like an elephant.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You know. Dark. I'm in Finland where the sun sets before 6 PM these days and it's pitch black by seven. The only lights in my living room are my TV and whatever LEDs are on in my current device.

It's not like the controller light is illuminating the room or anything, but if I hold the controller in a way where the light is in my field of view, I will definitely get noticeable blooming from it.

Why no lamp?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Why no lamp?
Yeah. Love a good lamp.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bunch of loving moths in this thread.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
When I get up to go pee in the middle of the night I see my xbox's light glowing in the other room, mocking the peaceful darkness.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Seltzer posted:

Dark

Barudak
May 7, 2007

As a vampire-american, I

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
A lot of basement dwellers ITT

What are the odds that Disco Elysium will go to game pass or go on sale soon? so close to pulling the trigger but it will be like the 2nd game I've bought this year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why buy a game at all just play what they give you and you'll never feel bitten by the buyers subscription curse

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

hanyolo posted:

What are the odds that Disco Elysium will go to game pass or go on sale soon? so close to pulling the trigger but it will be like the 2nd game I've bought this year

There were some rumours it'll come to game pass, but the rest of the year is pretty stacked so maybe next year. As for sale, it might on Black Friday.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

hanyolo posted:

If it doesn't show up on launch its not gonna join for like 3 months minimum.

That said, having now bought it to play it, just wait. A dissapointment for me

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hanyolo posted:

It checked on release and it was 20 bucks on steam and 30 on PS. I want to try the game but I'm not paying 40 for it, especially when it was delayed for exclusivity reasons. I imagined it'll be 20 black friday or the holidays.

Also everyone playing in the dark- buy a drat lamp

Wordicuffs
Jun 14, 2011
Finally I can throw my lamp away now that I can dim the light on my Xbox controller.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Just finished Lost Words: Beyond the Page and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something with super chill/light puzzle platforming and well written, voiced and acted script. Also would recommend to parents to play with younger kids that haven’t experienced the loss of a loved one yet because this game shows the grieving process of a young girl in a very tasteful and relatable way.

Yes, it’s on Gamepass.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nothing in halo infinite will ever be as good as the double scarab fight in halo 3. i have made peace with this.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
God drat Forza Horizon 5 be looking good : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2fs89aItOA

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

mfny posted:

God drat Forza Horizon 5 be looking good

Thread title

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Odd numbered Forzas Horizon stay winning

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Wasn’t the controller/console brightness always a Kinect thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You're thinking of the light bar on the PS4 controller.