Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RoboRodent posted:

I'm really sad that there are no wild turkeys in this part of the world. I feel like I'm missing out by not having roaming bands of large chaotic birds to contend with.

There are moose, but a moose is much more likely to kill me. They always have right of way.

Those things are huuuuuuuge man :2bong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shakira’s new track sounding good

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

I wanna know where you are that there's moose but not turkeys.

Northern British Columbia.

There are also no lizards and only one species of snake. We do have some really great bird biodiversity though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Thaddius the Large posted:

Shakira’s new track sounding good

Uh oh now you did it

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

RoboRodent posted:

I'm really sad that there are no wild turkeys in this part of the world. I feel like I'm missing out by not having roaming bands of large chaotic birds to contend with.

There are moose, but a moose is much more likely to kill me. They always have right of way.

Move to the Boston area, ever since the pandemic started we have turkeys roaming around city streets without a care in the world. Even now that rush hour traffic is back they will happily strut into the middle of the street with all their turkey friends while the cars attempt to swerve around them.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Upon further reflection, there were no wild turkeys in Northern Maine were I grew up, but there were still moose. That's most likely due to early settlers hunting them out.

I've been living in Bangor for 20 years and I see turkeys all the time. (Granted, Bangor is the southernmost edge of the nebulous "northern Maine"). They're obnoxious and dare people to run them over, especially this time of year. I wonder if they have made a resurgence in the last 10-20 years.

Someone I know up in Dover saw their neighbor's dog get attacked by a bunch of them a few weeks ago. The dog didn't even start it. Fucken toms just rolled up in the yard and wrecked the dog's poo poo.

Turkeys, man. Turkeys never change.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Jive turkeys!

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/buitengebieden_/status/1451174626189627393

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Wild turkeys are basically the raptors from Jurassic Park. A hunter will think they have a bead on one, but it is just the decoy turkey. 3 turkeys will appear from the flank and slam their head and neck into the hunters legs and balls. The hunter is the hunted.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

There are other places in the world besides 'murica.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Railing Kill posted:

I've been living in Bangor for 20 years and I see turkeys all the time.
Next time tell Shaggar I said hello 😏

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Catpain Slack posted:

[citation needed]

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RoboRodent posted:

Canada geese absolutely count.

Also I have seen turkeys in southern BC (around the Revy to Kootenay Lake area)

My condolences if you're from the Peace region

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Frequent official/cannon references to "the Mario Brothers" implies that Mario is actually their family name which can lead only to the conclusion that their names are Luigi Mario and Itsumi Mario.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

zedprime posted:

Wild turkeys are basically the raptors from Jurassic Park. A hunter will think they have a bead on one, but it is just the decoy turkey. 3 turkeys will appear from the flank and slam their head and neck into the hunters legs and balls. The hunter is the hunted.

Kinda-clever girls.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

A drawer is a magical box into which you place objects that are not yet trash, and over the course of a few years it transforms them into trash, at which point they can be thrown away.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

"mmm, no, I'm not going to throw this cord away, you never know when someone with a Sony Ericsson J210 will need to plug it into a fax machine"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Raise your hand if one of these is in your drawer.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bike tory posted:

Frequent official/cannon references to "the Mario Brothers" implies that Mario is actually their family name which can lead only to the conclusion that their names are Luigi Mario and Itsumi Mario.

mario mario and luigi mario.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Cartoon Man posted:

yeah

yeah

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Memento posted:

"mmm, no, I'm not going to throw this cord away, you never know when someone with a Sony Ericsson J210 will need to plug it into a fax machine"

More like "lol I don't remember what this cord is for, I better keep it in case I might need it some day. Never mind that I didn't need it the last seven years."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cartoon Man posted:

I used to have Pong and the converter, but got rid of it years ago

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Cartoon Man posted:

It's attached to the tv and Atari.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe

I hosed it up and got reaping and sowing the wrong way around. I'm not deleting it out of spite.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cartoon Man posted:

I used to know a person (who is or was a Goon, hi Catilin!) and we went to Radio Shack for one of these and the guy called it a "Magic Adapter" and pulled one out of a drawer behind the counter. He was amazed they had it or that anyone needed it. Cat, if you're reading this, feel free to correct me as to what happened that day at Southlake Mall like 15 years ago lol.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I made the most ridiculous snorting noise. I love it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

Close; I actually have a Sega Master System version kicking around somewhere.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
If you don’t have an actual cable box hooked up (like probably 95% of people these days) a simple RCA to coax adapter is all you need to replace that box. :science:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Lol alright took me a sec

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Catpain Slack posted:

Turkeys aren't even native west of the Rockies, we only have them on the west coast because they were introduced from back east in the 1800's for hunting and spread like crazy. There was native western turkey up until the end of the last ice age, but it went extinct along with a lot of the other ice age fauna, so as far as invasive species go it's not really much of a problem and more like a reintroduction.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Tiberius Christ posted:

Lol alright took me a sec

My thought process:

Huh, zany OMGLOL flirt person okay

Lmao that took a turn, good on the 6'1" person for out-zanying them

(sees Tiberius Christ post and re-reads) oOoOoh

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

BrianBoitano posted:

My thought process:

Huh, zany OMGLOL flirt person okay

Lmao that took a turn, good on the 6'1" person for out-zanying them

(sees Tiberius Christ post and re-reads) oOoOoh

I'm not getting the deeper read ... Could you explain?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

bloodninja rides again

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
NM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/WayneDavid81/status/1451998482500362243?s=20