Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

GPTribefan posted:

That and the weeping Mrs Field’s cookies ad read by the late, great Fez Whatley

Christ, what a day that was. Ron and Fez were the greatest for live reads until management quit letting Ron on them.

platero posted:

The reads from ron and fez were the absolute best. I still have a copy of Ron reading out the i57 ignite (caffeine pill) reads on a hard drive somewhere. Cha de bugre! (i think that's what it was, some natural herb to go with horse-killing amounts of caffeine.)

RIP big Carby and lil' Carby.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9L6MRL74Vo

Hockles posted:

Cleveland show was a good one. Our boys haven't missed a step.

I have to admit being very happy to get a "bend over and I'll show ya" in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I have to admit being very happy to get a "bend over and I'll show ya" in person.

I'm pretty positive Steve was holding back a bit because it looked like his wife and her family were in attendance. But otherwise, it was a really great show.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Watching Stay Alive and the 2000s were absolute trash. I don’t think I’ll ever have rose tinted glasses for that era

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The 2000s were the ugly death throes of the monoculture.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
“Disgusting poo poo boy” is such a great phrase.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Steve Sadjak lover of boys, I mean, lover of Brahms, The Boy is a great running gag during Stay Alive.

Which might also set a record for how little they talk about a movie during an episode.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rewatched American Werewolf in London and replacing the end credit song with Werewolves of London does wonders.

Do not intend to ever watch the Paris sequel. The episode on it made it sound super boring.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I love how bad all their Biden impressions are. Just completely distinct in their own way, though Andrew can usually get the closest by using the "come on, man" or "jack" as a crutch and it usually takes me until they do that where I actually clue in that it's him and not just a generic old man.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

He’s pretty much generic old man so it parses.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Yeah, I know they're doing a bit about our corpse president with a couple words every time

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeah you don't need Joe's voice. Felix Biederman does a perfect Joe without changing his voice at all.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Cabin's Biden impression is perfect. :colbert:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

clown shoes posted:

Cabin's Biden Steven Seagal impression is perfect. :colbert:

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
Contra Andrew—that is not the last we’ve seen of Keith. Not by a long shot.

Edit: listen to the whole show before commenting, dummy

mweber fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 23, 2021

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So I am pretty new to WHM; Came over from Talking Simpsons and listened to a few eps, and thought they were pretty good, if slightly rambly and self indulgent (but really, what isn't?).

Then I put on the 101 Dalmatians episode, and I am 2/3rds of the way in and has been wall to wall hilarious and now I think I am completely on board. Any other recommended episodes, if I may ask?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 23, 2021

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Unlucky7 posted:

So I am pretty new to WHM; Came over from Talking Simpsons and listened to a few eps, and thought they were pretty good, if slightly rambly and self indulgent (but really, what isn't?).

Then I put on the 101 Dalmatians episode, and I am 2/3rds of the way in and has been wall to wall hilarious and now I think I am completely on board. Any other recommended episodes, if I may ask?

It's a Wonderful Life is a We Love Movies episode and absolutely great.

Other favorites of mine are The Devil's Advocate, Friday the 13th Part 5, My Best Friend's Wedding, Bee Movie, Cyber Seduction: His Secret Life, The Good Son, and Wild Hogs. Special shoutout to the incredibly gross Blame it on Rio as well, for WHM Advanced listeners.

That's a pretty good mix of the different genres they tend to cover and can give you other episodes to look into (ie if you like the Friday the 13th ones look into their other horror movies etc).

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Pest is a recent classic, god that movie is loving unthinkable

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Jungle 2 Jungle is a must listen that was originally Patreon only, but I think is free now.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

The Mortal Kombats, especially if you have any interest in the games or played them as a kid.

I never see people mention it but the 2001 Planet of the Apes episode is one of my favorites, just lots of silly humor to be found in ape society.

Secret Window is a hilarious episode but most importantly contains a critical component of the "Steve lives in alternate hellworld New York" saga

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Traces of Red is amazing and one of my favorites. Venom and Sherlock are also really good

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Angel has fallen, BvS, and Pet Semetary, are episodes I come back to every so often

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Brainscan is a banger. And Hellraiser.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Going to second Wild Hogs. I can't even think of the title without hearing Steve.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Pippi.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

try some WLMs first because it shows the movies don't need to be poo poo to be funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo6JC3ql-lw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gbBjSN9dyw

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
All of the above plus Timecop and all of its doop-doop-dopping

That and Encino Man

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Chopping Mall was my first episode so it has a special place on the list but Drop Zone is favorite of mine.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Godzilla, Entourage, Speed 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Brainscan, The Substitute

EDIT: And the episode that brought in a good 70% of their audience, Foodfight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Calaveron posted:

Godzilla, Entourage, Speed 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2, Brainscan, The Substitute

EDIT: And the episode that brought in a good 70% of their audience, Foodfight.

That bob from Boston was a real rear end in a top hat

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Any episode with a Jim Belushi movie is automatically a top tier episode.

Abraxas was good.
Halloween III.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

ravenkult posted:

Brainscan is a banger. And Hellraiser.

Hellraiser part 3 is fantastic and I just re-listened to brainscan because trickster yelling at Jeremy for being incompetent is always great

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Unlucky7 posted:

Blame It On Rio :getin:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Rocky IV was the episode that I listened to first that got me hooked.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Jose Oquendo posted:

No no no!!! They explicitly state it’s for advanced listeners only!!!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'd never heard of or seen the movie Blame it on Rio and didn't understand the big deal about an episode about an animated movie about blue birds.

Imagine my shock as I went in blind on that ep.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Oct 24, 2021

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Jose Oquendo posted:

:sickos:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I mean it's rare on its own for any podcast to stop the show repeatedly to tell new listeners "please listen to a different episode" but it's another thing to deliver on those portents

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

A couple of others that haven't been mentioned yet:

Babycakes -- Kinda up there with Blame It on Rio for "deeply hosed up movie"
Zandalee -- If the phrase "Judge Reinhold erotic thriller" doesn't hook you I don't know what will
The Butterfly Effect -- The hideous origin of the "clikity-clink-clink" joke they still bust out occasionally

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Addicted to Love for being a super creepy rom-com where we're supposed to be happy that mega-creep Matthew Broderick obsesses over Nicole Kidman but realizes the error of his ways and gets with psychotic Meg Ryan. A happy ending for Nicole Kidman and the guy Meg Ryan was stalking, some French guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
Anything that is an unexpected we love movies is great. So Hellraiser 3, Eraser, or either Wishmaster stick out to me. And I love the Fast and furious 7 or Hobbes and Shaw episode because I feel, like the guys, like I'm living in some crazy person world where people with otherwise good taste loving love those godawful movies. It's nice listening to someone vocalise my utter hatred for those things.