Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Cat Hassler posted:

I felt really bad when I stepped on a cat and killed it

15 years with that username on this web site and only now do they begin to see the error of their ways. :10bux: down the drain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Captain Walker posted:

15 years with that username on this web site and only now do they begin to see the error of their ways. :10bux: down the drain.

They changed it to that last week.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

Ugly In The Morning posted:

They changed it to that last week.

I'm usually on the iOS app, didn't even know you could do that

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Cat Hassler posted:

I felt really bad when I stepped on a cat and killed it

Nooo, not Mimi!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Accidentally stepping on a cat in Paris, right after the lady tells you about how Greasels killed her kitties…

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Introducing something I never knew I even wanted: Lay D Denton

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://twitter.com/DeusExHub/status/1446502882895925249

https://twitter.com/lupusdraconis/status/1446554464186507269

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sweet. They should just badly edit Manderly’s voiceover with some bizarre stuff about how JC doesn’t know the secret password for the men’s room. Maybe put a couch in there too.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
I watched the video and they've went into all the voice lines where JC is referred to as he and replaced with she, along with a bunch of other full line replacements and additions. That's pretty good for a mod.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

This is pretty freaking awesome.

I'm trying really hard to fight the urge to reinstall and check it out, I've got plenty of other games on my backlog right now.

Colinrobinson
Apr 10, 2005

Yeah I'm not positive what my deal is either, so I just sort of keep on truckin'

Mr. Fortitude posted:

This is pretty freaking awesome.

I'm trying really hard to fight the urge to reinstall and check it out, I've got plenty of other games on my backlog right now.

Why fight it? Let the urge to reinstall spill over into the schools and churches. Let the save games pile up in the Folders. In the end, they'll beg us to replay it with the new mod installed.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

S’cool

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

They kept the lip smack :five:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdhJsfCCnvw

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Really impressed with how well the new model and voice work fit the tone & style of the original game. It looks and sounds good enough to be authentic.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm dead. You've killed me.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
https://youtu.be/pVhpV_U9xRY?t=65

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's insane how perfectly they made it fit the game.

I wonder if it's compatible with biomod...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
And I just did a run like a month ago, ughh

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's insane how perfectly they made it fit the game.

I wonder if it's compatible with biomod...

I'm definitely waiting until there's compatibility with GMDX. Thankfully, that seems to be on the agenda.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

This is the game that refuses to die. In 2121 they'll make a mod that lets people play Deus Ex on hyperspace non-euclidean CPUs that beam content directly into your brain.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if anyone wants to go to the devs discord and pretend it's totally not because of me and ask that the Lucky Money NPCs who ask you to pay their cover be reinstated because it's 2021 and bisexuality shouldn't be erased that would be cool

nm theyre gonna make a toggle for the next release

site fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 9, 2021

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

site posted:

if anyone wants to go to the devs discord and pretend it's totally not because of me and ask that the Lucky Money NPCs who ask you to pay their cover be reinstated because it's 2021 and bisexuality shouldn't be erased that would be cool

Did you make sure to fank them?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i don't know what fank means but according to Google i did not turn them into a donut or put them in a sheep pen

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Fanks for toggling us in!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
*with the weirdest delivery in the whole game* Suuuuuree.....

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

*with the weirdest delivery in the whole game* Suuuuuree.....

His erection is augmented.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
latest Revision update finally allows you to get rid of its worst feature under Settings > Game Options > Map Style > Vanilla

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Captain Walker posted:

latest Revision update finally allows you to get rid of its worst feature under Settings > Game Options > Map Style > Vanilla

i thought this was interesting, so i read more about it. i found this https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/397550/view/3034855066514637424 which has this to say about the vanilla map style:

quote:

Please do not recommend this mode for new players either, instead, please recommend the Deus Ex: Transcended mod (see below). In addition, this mode uses whatever files are found in the base Deus Ex\Maps folder (Not Revision\Maps), so it may be worth overwriting these files with Transcended's versions if you want vanilla map bug fixes. Along with this, these maps will use the non-Revision conversation packages, so translations can be installed on the base game and used in Revision.

This "transcended" mod seems to just backport lots of fixes to vanilla

https://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-transcended

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Introducing something I never knew I even wanted: Lay D Denton

tried this out, and im very impressed. the new voiceovers fit nicely with the originals

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

site posted:

Sorry what? The loser lady standing outside of the club asking strangers to pay her entry fee, what was wrong with her and what does bisexuality have to do with it?

vv edit: ahh, makes sense. Well no not really what a weird thing to change but whatever.

Serephina fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 15, 2021

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Serephina posted:

Sorry what? The loser lady standing outside of the club asking strangers to pay her entry fee, what was wrong with her and what does bisexuality have to do with it?

In the Lay D Denton mod they're replaced with a guy

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Playing with the Revision “prequel-style skills” mod and it’s p dece!!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Playing with the Revision “prequel-style skills” mod and it’s p dece!!

Wait, JC has arm blades now?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The HR mode subsumes skills into an expanded aug list (eg 2 aug points to increase lockpick efficiency), removes the binary aug canisters so that every can is an upgrade point, and gives you an upgrade point at 500 xp intervals. The gameplay loop is likewise modeled after HR, so you get 10 xp for neutralizing an enemy that’s aware of you and 15 xp for stealth eliminations, etc.

Much like HR it’s not remotely balanced at the endgame if you stealth, but what game is?

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Oct 23, 2021

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I can't think of any game of this type where you aren't overpowered in the late game. System Shock 2 is the closest to still being hard and scary the whole way.

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

I can't think of any game of this type where you aren't overpowered in the late game. System Shock 2 is the closest to still being hard and scary the whole way.

check this one out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_s1B_SJX-Y

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

of course I never ghosted Liberty Island and so had never heard the desk sergeant commend JC for going no-contact

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
there's always something new to learn about deus ex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
Revision has a lot of problems but I do love that it offers achievements for doing things I didn't even know were possible, e.g. threatening Leo Gold then running back to UNATCO, allowing him to escape