Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Silichurlhilichurlbilililiichurl

Someone mentioned that’s what actually happening is your character is idling and then you open a menu and you have a menu character idling so you start hearing both or something. Idk the solution is to not idle in character menu or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

kater posted:

Silichurlhilichurlbilililiichurl

Someone mentioned that’s what actually happening is your character is idling and then you open a menu and you have a menu character idling so you start hearing both or something. Idk the solution is to not idle in character menu or something?

Some idle quotes play when a character does a particular idle pose, and characters do an idle pose in the main page of the Character menu every 20 seconds. Every character has like two idle poses so if you're sitting around in the character menu you'll be hearing the same line a looooot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

raverrn posted:

Paimon's tiny little panic attack when you fight Raiden has permanently destroyed my ability to be angry at her, sorry.

I think the lightning bolt should've hit you for longer and also shown your hosed up alien skeleton.

Bloody Emissary posted:

Some idle quotes play when a character does a particular idle pose, and characters do an idle pose in the main page of the Character menu every 20 seconds. Every character has like two idle poses so if you're sitting around in the character menu you'll be hearing the same line a looooot.

This is easily solved by sitting around on the artifacts, weapons, talents or constellation tab instead.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

It's a hosed up joke to give us a rougelite dungeon where you have two parties but not two players.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I thought the traps in Inazuma domains were kinda silly and didn't actually accomplish much, but they add so much to this dungeon system. It's just kinda neat to check for traps and you can use constructs (or stuff like Baron Bunny) to block the bolt throwers. If they keep expanding on this system and make this a more regular thing (like a weekly special dungeon or something), it could give additional value to otherwise unimportant stuff like character size or exploration skills.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 23, 2021

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

raverrn posted:

It's a hosed up joke to give us a rougelite dungeon where you have two parties but not two players.

the 2nd "party" is just alternates to swap in for your main party, in case somebody dies, or gets hit with a bad curse (cannot heal, for instance), or you pull charm effects that boost a reaction your main party isn't using (so you remake party, like swapping from yoimiya vape with xingqiu to yoimiya overload with raiden).

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MoonCrab posted:

Other people gave different answers but I'm pretty sure the truth is that she's actually just invincible? Like, the traveler had their dramatic last act anime powerup for the climactic final battle for the fate of the nation and at the end Raiden was just standing there completely uninjured like ":geno: oh I lost this duel I guess I'll listen to what you have to say."

Also she's the county's literal deity. Imagine you're a student praying for class to be cancelled because you didn't finish whatever assignment, except the person you're praying to lives down the street and she could actually do it, by cutting the school in half from her living room. That's life in Inazuma.

I'm pretty sure she's not invincible, or at least archons aren't by default, since the "original" ones have been referenced before.

Man, it must be weird to know your prayer is going to voice mail because god is on a date with some foreign girl.

Kale posted:

My impression of Raiden (and this is a little bit into her character quest but not quite finished yet) is that she's good at fighting/smiting stuff and self-meditation, but a terrible rear end politician and leader in just about every other facet because she's never really tried much of anything else. All of her edicts have been enforced through sheer strength alone as nobody can stand against her and her definition of eternity without getting totally obliterated until finally you and just about everybody in Inazuma that ever had a vision show up in a manner of speaking and finally at long last flip the script. This is sort of her way of moralizing the situation and what needs to happen to keep Inazuma from suffering the fate of other fallen nations she's seen during the time of the Archon War. All the Archon's seem to be slightly traumatized by the events of it and suffered heavy losses that have scarred them for years and affected how they figure things ought to be run with Ei's being the most severe yet.

Yeah it's a little hosed up and tyrannical, but one of the themes of the game I've found is that you're showing up at these major turning points in the history of these nations as humans are about to seize the reigns of power and fate for themselves and playing a major part in those events and then what comes after we've only just barely seen the tip of the iceberg. It just so happens that in this case it had to be done through force and also these changes may not actually prove to be a good thing in the long run because there's this fear that it could provoke Celestia and the Sustainer of Heavenly Principles, like what happened last time a country not ruled by an Archon got too ambitious and powerful.

I kind of want to see how she develops from here before making too much of a judgment call on her character, but I've seen a lot shittier personality and morality system type characters that I'm supposed to identify with in my time following JRPG type stuff but don't at all really, but I kind of think I'm starting to get what's Raiden's deal is. I feel that by the time of Yae's character quest far down the line I'll likely have the fuller picture since again her own Archon Quest seems to be barely scratching the surface and is more like an introduction to Inazuma and it's cast than anything.

If the game tends to have older characters in events and stuff instead of just focusing on the new roster then yeah, I'd be willing to reconsider my opinion on her if she shows up again. People have talked about inazuma having development troubles due to covid, so I figured that feeling more like an introduction than a story was just a casualty of that.

kater posted:

ur avatar is W homie whats so confusing

A friend bought this for me. :colbert:

kater posted:

also the rebels were all very lame. team raiden has all the cool characters.

It occurred to me that as far as I'm aware, every character who dresses in flashy glamorous clothes and has a non monochromatic colour palette with the exception of Dainsleif, Scaramouche, Signora and Yae is playable. Like Signora biting it was the first time anyone who the player could reasonably be expected to remember has died.

I feel like they could've stood to make that one rebel guy stand out a bit more and get some screen time or something but maybe that was another covid casualty.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 23, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Zwiebel posted:

I thought the traps in Inazuma domains were kinda silly and didn't actually accomplish much, but they add so much to this dungeon system. It's just kinda neat to check for traps and you can use constructs (or stuff like Baron Bunny) to block the bolt throwers. If they keep expanding on this system and make this a more regular thing (like a weekly special dungeon or something), it could give additional value to otherwise unimportant stuff like character size or exploration skills.

I'm stuck playing mobile for a while, so I'm very glad I can block most of the traps with Zhongli. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to console soon because I love the idea of the traps, they're just another kind of puzzle to solve.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What is uuuuuup? I used up the rest of my standard fates and finally lost a 50/50 hard. I don't have Qiqi yet and I got a second Keqing instead.

First 5* duplicate I've gotten.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Now you're set up if you want to get Hu Tao or save for Itto :devil:

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Space Opera posted:

I'm stuck playing mobile for a while, so I'm very glad I can block most of the traps with Zhongli. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to console soon because I love the idea of the traps, they're just another kind of puzzle to solve.

I have to keep reminding myself to peek around corners unless I want to take another electric arrow to the face.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mix. posted:

Now you're set up if you want to get Hu Tao or save for Itto :devil:

Standard Fates, standard banner. I was hopping for Qiqi to clear off the list of 5* stars I was missing OR something good like a Skyward Atlas or Harp.

I did get Yanfei C0 in the process though which was cool. I'm at like 23000 primos anyway so I'm expecting to get Itto even if I whiff on the 50/50 now. I got Keqing and then Raiden with the next either 10 or 30 rolls so I must be back at coin flip status again.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Standard Fates, standard banner. I was hopping for Qiqi to clear off the list of 5* stars I was missing OR something good like a Skyward Atlas or Harp.

I did get Yanfei C0 in the process though which was cool. I'm at like 23000 primos anyway so I'm expecting to get Itto even if I whiff on the 50/50 now. I got Keqing and then Raiden with the next either 10 or 30 rolls so I must be back at coin flip status again.

Standard banners don't have a 50/50 toss up, though. Those are just rate ups.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Standard banners don't have a 50/50 toss up, though. Those are just rate ups.

I was calling it a 50/50 because I either got Qiqi from it or another 5* weapon and I didn't manage either thing I wanted and hit my first 5* dupe.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Regarding the Tsurumi Island quest line which I've finally started to unlock a bit now. I like it when there's something teased in the lore of a game like say the Thundering Fury artifact stories that you kind of think is whatever and not terribly important because of how kind of vague it is, but it plants the seeds for things that are ultimately addressed and fleshed out a little more months down the line. It reminds me a bit of FFXIV in how the game has been slowly doing that. At this point I kind of just expect every artifact story to come into play at some point like how it happened with Dragonspine and Signora as the Crimson Witch of Flames off the top of my head.

I'm also like 50/50 the last of the "Raiden Friends" (as I've been calling them since her trailer) to kind of be addressed in Chiyo and Sasayuri are finally going to come into play more once Itto enters the picture since it's the perfect time to address it since the Tengu and Oni used to be part of her group and Sara and Itto have this weird rivalry now. It seems like kind of the perfect time to flesh that all out further and I can only assume it's going to focus around Watatsumi and Yashiori island since that seems to be where everything started to go to poo poo for their group back in the day and as far as I've heard Tsurumi is the last island they're going to be adding and we now have all of Inazuma so they can focus all their resources on story/character stuff. Again kind of speculating here but seems likely to me.

It's funny that some of the most interesting poo poo in Inazuma is coming after the Archon Quest compared to the first two regions. Probably because it's the first area they've had to build kind of as they go since the games launch. The stories also starting to kind of get noticeably darker and more tragic like what has come to light about Orobashi in some of the new books available with the 2.2., but not to an off putting degree or anything.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

I'm hitting the load limit now so I think I'm about done...

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

well i finally beat spiral abyss floor 7 and 8

8 wasn't even difficult, i don't know why I had so much trouble with 7

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Nyoro posted:

well i finally beat spiral abyss floor 7 and 8

8 wasn't even difficult, i don't know why I had so much trouble with 7

7 is harder than 8. It also demands two teams that have certain elements on them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Acerbatus posted:

I'm pretty sure she's not invincible, or at least archons aren't by default, since the "original" ones have been referenced before.
The archons are definitely not invincible. We learn in the Inazuma story that Zhongli and Venti are the only two from the original archon wars who are still alive -- all the rest of the archons are successors after their predecessor died somehow.
In Inazuma, (stories for the loredump at the end of Raiden's story quest) Ei's twin sister Baal (aka Raiden Makoto) was the original electro archon, while Ei mostly lived secretly in her shadow. Baal died about 500 years ago, during the fall of Kaenri'ah, and Ei secretly replaced her as Archon without the people of Inazuma knowing. This is also when she became obsessed with seeking eternity so nobody else close to her would die, and soon afterwards she built the Shogun and locked herself in the Plane of Euthymia until the Traveler came along 500 years later

quote:

It occurred to me that as far as I'm aware, every character who dresses in flashy glamorous clothes and has a non monochromatic colour palette with the exception of Dainsleif, Scaramouche, Signora and Yae is playable. Like Signora biting it was the first time anyone who the player could reasonably be expected to remember has died.

Baizhu (the dude who hangs around with Qiqi running Bubu Pharmacy) is another character who has an extremely playable-character outfit, complete with talking snake, but he's unplayable and pretty much irrelevant.

Dainslief was literally in the pre-release preview trailer, before Genshin even released, as the featured playable character from the Khaenri'ah chapter (and also the narrator of the trailer!). So they definitely have plans to release him, but it'll be a very long time before we work though all 7 countries and get to there.
As for the others: Yae is scheduled to release as playable some time around patch 2.5 according to leaks, and Scaramouche could eventually be playable just like Childe is, after he gets to play a major antagonist in some future chapter.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Oct 24, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's also some characters who are mentioned in characters' dialogues a lot and therefore will probably be playable in the future, even though we haven't seen them. A lot of people mention Ayaka's brother, Ayato, and there's even an NPC who mentions hes skilled with both swords and polearms (either they're trying to make people guess which he'll be or he'll be a stance change character like Childe).

Acerbatus posted:

I feel like they could've stood to make that one rebel guy stand out a bit more and get some screen time or something but maybe that was another covid casualty.
And yea, in general I wish some of the more major NPCs got unique designs. Xiangling's dad, Hoffman, Smiley, these are all characters who get a reasonable amount of dialogue but your mind slips right by them because they have generic villager models.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also in Baizhu's case, he's got a Dendro vision, hence him not being playable yet. Incidentally, there are a few implications he's up to something shady.

Qiqi's Story 5 posted:

By chance, she met Baizhu, the boss of Bubu Pharmacy, on the way, and he took her in.

Now, Baizhu was a doctor of great skill, but he was hardly a man of high caliber or great courage.

Even so, he took her in, nevermind that her memory was so poor that she could not even sort herbs out.

It does seem that his acceptance of Qiqi has something to do with his own personal pursuits.

quote:

Herbalist Gui: Dr. Baizhu himself has a poor constitution, so the job of putting the medicines together falls to me, while Qiqi handles herb-picking...
Herbalist Gui: ...But as to what illness Dr. Baizhu has, I have no clue.

Hu Tao Story 4 posted:

In Hu Tao's eyes, Qiqi passed away a long time ago, but has been trapped in this world and cannot free herself of her eternal suffering.

Baizhu, for his part, had grown ever more relentless in his pursuit of eternal life after meeting Qiqi. This act of defiance against the cycle of life and death was unacceptable to Hu Tao.

So it's possible the guy could become more relevant at a later date.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The archons are definitely not invincible. We learn in the Inazuma story that Zhongli and Venti are the only two from the original archon wars who are still alive -- all the rest of the archons are successors after their predecessor died somehow.
In Inazuma, (stories for the loredump at the end of Raiden's story quest) Ei's twin sister Baal (aka Raiden Makoto) was the original electro archon, while Ei mostly lived secretly in her shadow. Baal died about 500 years ago, during the fall of Kaenri'ah, and Ei secretly replaced her as Archon without the people of Inazuma knowing. This is also when she became obsessed with seeking eternity so nobody else close to her would die, and soon afterwards she built the Shogun and locked herself in the Plane of Euthymia until the Traveler came along 500 years later

Baizhu (the dude who hangs around with Qiqi running Bubu Pharmacy) is another character who has an extremely playable-character outfit, complete with talking snake, but he's unplayable and pretty much irrelevant.

Dainslief was literally in the pre-release preview trailer, before Genshin even released, as the featured playable character from the Khaenri'ah chapter (and also the narrator of the trailer!). So they definitely have plans to release him, but it'll be a very long time before we work though all 7 countries and get to there.
As for the others: Yae is scheduled to release as playable some time around patch 2.5 according to leaks, and Scaramouche could eventually be playable just like Childe is, after he gets to play a major antagonist in some future chapter.

hey, there's a 2 trillion percent chance Baizhu is a playable character, and likely going to be one of, if not our first Dendro character. He's undoubtedly connected to Sumeru, and will likely be our launching off point for the Chasm and entering Sumeru. There's plenty of lore dives going into the themes Baizhu has going on in his design that cement him as highly connected to Sumeru, you can check them out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The mist island's questline was decent but the real prize was all the free furnishing blueprints.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Did my 1 attempt through the abyss, it's better than the last one at least, but still sucks rear end.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm missing something when I try to play this game. I can't farm artifacts or talent ascension materials at AR45 because everything hits like a truck and has far too much HP for me to reasonably kill in a timely manner. Every fight is a struggle at this point and it's not even remotely fun anymore. I feel like it's not supposed to be like this, but what am I missing?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Eat food

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

QuantaStarFire posted:

I feel like I'm missing something when I try to play this game. I can't farm artifacts or talent ascension materials at AR45 because everything hits like a truck and has far too much HP for me to reasonably kill in a timely manner. Every fight is a struggle at this point and it's not even remotely fun anymore. I feel like it's not supposed to be like this, but what am I missing?

That exact same thing happened to me at around AR40, and 45 was where I started to climb out of it. You just gotta edge your characters up some more - the small percentage bonuses are getting, in practice, bigger and bigger, and you have to have those talents and artifacts. (You're not forgetting about talents, are you? They're a big deal)

That being said, if you want to farm artifacts you don't feel confident in your characters for, you can always play multiplayer and explain up front that you feel like a chump but you'll do you best, set up elemental reactions/strip shields, etc.

My UID is 600646724, feel free to visit me sometime, but it'll be several days before I play much because I'm going to visit my SO. Past then, though, I intend to at least do dailies, so don't hesitate to hit me up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

QuantaStarFire posted:

Match in those domains means 'open the game for anyone to join and wipe the floor with everyone with their C6 Hu Tao.'

If you can't beat something on your own, invite people to carry you until you can. I'm doing this with Raiden Shogun in the Pale Flame domain to grind Friendship and get Eula good artifacts to swap her off of Gladiator.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

QuantaStarFire posted:

Equip five star artifacts with decent stats and level them up.

I know this might sound like an oxymoron, equip artifacts to get artifacts, but you get five star gladiators and wanderers stuff from bosses, who are easier than domains. Just grab ones with decent stats and get them up to level 20. Dont worry about sets, just stats. You can always feed them to something else later.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I know this is sacrilege to many posters , but if the game really isn't fun anymore you can lower your world level starting at AR 40 (world level 5).
If you go into the main pause menu, it shows your world level below your account profile at the top. If you click on that you can lower it by 1 for the next 24 hours. This also helps with any events, exploration or questing, which you can't really do in co-op. You do not lose AR exp, even if your level is capped.
I tend to think it's fine to just keep playing at lower world levels until you're comfortable raising it. Endlessly getting carried through domains to get better gear is still something you can do that way (if you want, it's not a particularly interesting or fun way to play the game), but it doesn't impede your solo playtime that way.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 24, 2021

Kale
May 14, 2010

QuantaStarFire posted:

Because the game holds your adventurer exp in reserve until you raise the cap via ascension quests it's very possible and even likely for you to do the 2nd one and have it jump your world level multiple times past what you can reasonably handle at that point making even daily quests kind of brutal. It's possible to lower or raise your world level within a certain threshold after that point so see if you can drop it by opening your menu, selecting world level with the d-pad and seeing what it says your options are. I had to do this after Ascension Quest 2 to make things kind of more bearable again.

It also really helps by that point to have at least one strong 5 star DPS character since there's a pretty noticeable power gap between some of them and the 4 star characters that are available. For me this was kind of Ayaka with her absurd 20 hit high damage multiplier burst, self buffing elemental skill with a giant AoE, crit damage perk, and just damage potential in general as well as her dash allowing her to dance around and toss cryo onto enemies. She doesn't come across as the kind of character that would be like this being a demure princess and all (or maybe she does cause anime I dunno) that only fights once in the entire Inazuma story that I recall during her character quest, but she just hits like a motherfucking truck with her drawbacks being kind of weak defensively and a bit of a higher execution character than some since you're pretty much constantly hitting and running stuff to reapply cryo infusion and spreading Cryo as well as lining up her charge attack so it hits the maximum amount of enemies. Before her though it was Diluc off the standard banner that really helped me to get things going again in terms of matching the enemies. He's still available there permanently but unfortunately Ayaka is off the table right now as are certain other coveted DPS characters like Ganyu, Eula and to some extent Raiden Shogun though she's a bit more of a support DPS when not in her burst mode.

Probably the next really good example of a solid 5 star DPS carry coming up is Hu Tao, though the way she works also kind of requires you to gamble a little since fittingly for her personality and motif she basically gets stronger the closer she is too dying and her elemental skill burns her HP as well to take advantage of this so you have to play a little careful.

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 24, 2021

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
You should probably post your roster/equipment so we can actually see what you're doing wrong instead of guessing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The true question I'll always have is if it's worth it to level anybody to 90

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't regret leveling anyone to 90 so I guess the answer is yes?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldnt really say you need a 5 star dps carry tbh. You can run the proper 4* national team. You can run superconduct razor. You can run Yanfei if you have a shielder. You can run C6 Noelle. Theres plenty of 4* characters who work fine as main carries.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nyoro posted:

Depends on the character.

If they have HP scalings like hu tao or zhongli, yes
Otherwise, no, stop at 80/90

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Well I do have a C1 Zhong so that's good to know thanks

Kale
May 14, 2010

Nyoro posted:

I think at least one 5 star artifact are a guaranteed drop in the level 90 versions of domains and some of the spiral abyss floors feature enemies in the high 90 level range, but don't quote me on that because I don't even have a character at level 90 either. I'm also still wondering if that's going to be it forever or there's going to be another tier introduced at some point. By about the time Sumeru comes out it feels like just about everybody that's been playing the game for any length of time would have leveled off there characters to 90 and that they could stand to put a new Adventure Ascension rank domain there.

Of course it's also a bit tricky too because if you make it a requirement to be like World Level 10 or something to go to Sumeru and do the domains and archon quests there than newer players would probably complain about being soft-gated out of the region. I also know initially before Inazuma the AR/World Level rank for certain quests was a fair bit higher. Like I actually unlocked the Dainsleif arc not by raising my world level but 2.0 launching and bringing the min AR rank down so that it unlocked just from me logging in after the update. Maybe this means that Mihoyo is also conscious of that a bit.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

em damage scales on level too iirc so anemo characters can be leveled as much as you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

I think at least one 5 star artifact are a guaranteed drop in the level 90 versions of domains and some of the spiral abyss floors feature enemies in the high 90 level range, but don't quote me on that because I don't even have a character at level 90 either.
what? your character's levels dont affect the domain levels or drops at all. same with the spiral abyss.