Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I use one of these handcrank workbenches as a desk https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-52-in-Adjustable-Height-Work-Table-HOLT52XDB12/301809830

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

snorch posted:

I'm glad to see they're making what looks like original synths again, and for Volca money this is sure to be a hit.

Not sure it's entirely original. In the same way the Crave was pretty much a Mother-32, this looks a lot like it's basically a DFAM?

(although a DFAM with midi so that's nice)

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 21, 2021

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

here is my synthcat

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Crave was a budget Mother 32. Is this a budget DFAM?

Rolo posted:

1. SYNTH CATS. More please that’s awesome.

Alfred is currently outside hunting rats, so all I have to offer is this old pic of an elusive synth cat

e: full cat

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Not sure it's entirely original. In the same way the Crave was pretty much a Mother-32, this looks a lot like it's basically a DFAM?

(although a DFAM with midi so that's nice)

You can always get this cool thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEHt9cZHrTs

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

toadee posted:

You can always get this cool thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEHt9cZHrTs

drat, that's cool as hell

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

lol at the name and definitely gonna cop that

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Question for you gearheads: if I get a Novation Circuit Rhythm, will it be a good timekeeper and master, more or less? Does it play nice with others I guess is what I'm asking.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

snorch posted:

I'm glad to see they're making what looks like original synths again, and for Volca money this is sure to be a hit.

the CRAVE was more-or-less a M32 clone. Is this Uli’s DFAM?

snorch
Jul 27, 2009
Ah that makes way more sense.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

glad to see uli cementing himself as the industry’s largest edgelord

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

watho posted:

what stand are you using for your tracker?

You prompted me look through my amazon purchase history which was... sobering, to say the least. Let's just say there's a lot of poor impulse control to be found there :ohdear:

ANYWAY it's this:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07X7RV38T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's perfect for the tracker because you don't really beat on that instrument so it can stand to be less than absolutely rigid. Though by no means is it floppy. I just wanted something that raises it high enough for me to dock the Reface underneath :cool:

(I still had to get larger stick-on rubber feet for the reface so it would slide over the base)

I don't have a synth cat but my dog likes to chill out with me when I'm punching the MPC :unsmith:

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Chainclaw posted:

Don't stop at 88, go all the way to 288

PianoArc? Jeez, they missed a great chance to call it the PiANORAMA

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
A couple poorly made cocktails into Thursday and I think I’m gonna preorder the SP 404 MK2.

I can always cancel.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

having a few drinks after watching youtube ads, sorry "gear previews" is why I have half the poo poo I do

DJ mode does seem cool. I could rip my vinyl into the 404 and just bring that instead of lugging records down to the bar

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Microcosm made it here today, have yet to plug it in. As the last to ship & arrive in a stretch of buys, I think this means I can stop buying reverb pedals for a little while at least (let's see how long I last).

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

petit choux posted:

Question for you gearheads: if I get a Novation Circuit Rhythm, will it be a good timekeeper and master, more or less? Does it play nice with others I guess is what I'm asking.

It will drive a midi clock just fine. Not sure about sequencing external gear but I remember the old circuit did that pretty good.

Looks like it has a click out too for modular or whatever poo poo you got

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Rolo posted:

A couple poorly made cocktails into Thursday and I think I’m gonna preorder the SP 404 MK2.

I can always cancel.

Yesssssss I need more field reports!

Also I really want to try a 12 bit sampler. I wonder how it compares vs just 16+bit downsampled to 12. Too bad S950s are like, two thousand earth dollars. I may have a lead on an S3000XL for peanuts but it’s 16bit, not that I’d turn it down :cool:

A MIRACLE posted:

having a few drinks after watching youtube ads, sorry "gear previews" is why I have half the poo poo I do

DJ mode does seem cool. I could rip my vinyl into the 404 and just bring that instead of lugging records down to the bar

Half the gear I have is because I have no self control at 1am when I wake up to grab a drink and just pull up reverb on the ipad and I’m like.. “eh it’s a pay week” and spend $300 before closing my eyes again.

I guess what I’m saying is I shouldn’t leave my iPad within reach after going to bed.

Just looked back:

Not posting my reverb buying history but it’s not a deviation from the norm :q:

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 22, 2021

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I’m really proud of myself for not buying the touchscreen mpc. Or the circuit rhythm. The sp404 2 is gonna be sick tho try and stop me im the next dilla

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Dude check out the new sp2400

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

gently caress it i had a hard kombucha im gonna order the sp404-2

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Has "we've got GAS" ever been a thread title here? I'm pretty new in these parts.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the thread title hasn't changed since, like, 2013. I vaguely remember a gas pun being the title at some point but that would've been a while ago

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

A MIRACLE posted:

gently caress it i had a hard kombucha im gonna order the sp404-2

:getin:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://youtu.be/5MNa5iJmzxM

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Beatboxing to trigger drums is some fourth dimensional thinking.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Who are you guys preordering the Roland through? Does it matter?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Rolo posted:

Who are you guys preordering the Roland through? Does it matter?

I went with Sweetwater. But that was just preference.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

sweetwater or perfect circuit

anything but amazon really

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Preorder placed

:evilbuddy:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

:same:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Thinking about sticking my moog grandmother on a stand near my desk instead of on it. Any recs for something good but not too pricey?

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

*spray painting a bunch of cinder blocks black*

*selling them for $60 each on reverb as synther blocks*

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
"This? Oh this is my new eurorock setup"

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
check out my sick makegneiss and intellishale modules

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

It is well known that a vampire must compose a song using a synth containing soil from their original grave every night, or they return to hell

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:black101: gently caress yeah

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Never heard of a soil reverb but I'll try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The implication that there are water, air and fire modules floating about are somewhat disconcerting, to say nothing of like mercury and arsenic.