Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

yea that was good, I shared the reader confusion if he was mad at trans women or just mad at the ~I'm totally a woman and perms get my...vargina...super...hot?~ type posts that every fetish gets.

I feel like it was the latter. I also wouldn't be wholly surprised if the site author had gotten tricked into sending one of the catfishers dick pics or other compromising information that was later used to embarrass him somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Midjack posted:

I feel like it was the latter. I also wouldn't be wholly surprised if the site author had gotten tricked into sending one of the catfishers dick pics or other compromising information that was later used to embarrass him somewhere.

yea that's what I settled on too but there were just so many weird "NOW IT'S OKAY IF YOU WANNA CALL YOURSELF A WOMAN BUT DON'T TRICK ME!!!!' asides that I couldn't help but be reminded of weird TERFy language he probably wasn't intending.

Weird Dutch Perm Pervert: Probably Not A Bigot, Just A Pervert.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

yea that's what I settled on too but there were just so many weird "NOW IT'S OKAY IF YOU WANNA CALL YOURSELF A WOMAN BUT DON'T TRICK ME!!!!' asides that I couldn't help but be reminded of weird TERFy language he probably wasn't intending.

Weird Dutch Perm Pervert: Probably Not A Bigot, Just A Pervert.

well, i dunno, he is dutch

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
I haven't listened to the episode yet do they ever say 'permvert'

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Perm guy can't be a TERF, he hates bangs

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

tokin opposition posted:

:golfclap:

Perfect.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tokin opposition posted:

:ocelot:

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SAME JOKE

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit is stuck in an elevator with a bishonen nightmare.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

aw yea time to get real mad!!!!

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

My god this episode is such a blast from the past in regards to the 00's anime scene. Thank you, I didn't know this was something I needed

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Happy Landfill posted:

My god this episode is such a blast from the past in regards to the 00's anime scene. Thank you, I didn't know this was something I needed

But no mention of yaoi paddles! Or I just blocked them out.
It was a great episode.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Like seriously, I have not heard the terms Seme and Uke thrown around so casually in such a long time. It was almost quaint.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Post poste posted:

But no mention of yaoi paddles! Or I just blocked them out.
It was a great episode.

I went to one convention once. I was swatted with a yaoi paddle and glomped by strangers.

I went to one convention ONCE.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ShellGame posted:

I went to one convention once. I was swatted with a yaoi paddle and glomped by strangers.

I went to one convention ONCE.

I can't really recommend going to nerd conventions in general but at least yaoi paddles and nonconsensual hugs are both banned by name just about everywhere for the last decade.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nerds, much like sex and schadenfreude, are best enjoyed over an internet connection only

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Midjack posted:

I can't really recommend going to nerd conventions in general but at least yaoi paddles and nonconsensual hugs are both banned by name just about everywhere for the last decade.

This is a pretty good watch if you are interested. Basically they started out as a joke but people kept asking if they could buy one and it just kind of mutated form there. Honestly, banning them was a good idea. Ahegao clothes next, please.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8yuFmJVwtY

I still go to cons semi-regularly and I feel like things have calmed down quite a bit on that front? You've got the whole "Cosplay Is Not Consent" thing going and at least Sakura con has condemned its glomp circle to the one area outside the main con area and that area only.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The normiefication of nerd culture is cool and also good

It's time to make FetLife the next Instagram

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

Midjack posted:

oh i don't doubt it, and my experience was in 200....9? In general cons are just not for me. All I really remember doing is buying merch, which doesn't really feel worth an admission ticket or the crowds.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I volunteered with a con! And it went horribly. Because there were only five volunteers for the entire weekend.

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Oct 24, 2021

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Happy Landfill posted:

I still go to cons semi-regularly and I feel like things have calmed down quite a bit on that front? You've got the whole "Cosplay Is Not Consent" thing going and at least Sakura con has condemned its glomp circle to the one area outside the main con area and that area only.

oh god, is that what the clammy circle of people touching each other in freeway park every year is

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have any advice for how to quickly skim material to see if it might be worth reading or including in a doc?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Specific question for a line that has been bouncing around my head lately - in what episode does Adam say the line (or something like it) - "And that's how I came up with gently caress-Grinch!"

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Specific question for a line that has been bouncing around my head lately - in what episode does Adam say the line (or something like it) - "And that's how I came up with gently caress-Grinch!"

Episode 295 A Role in the Sack https://thefpl.us/episode/295. Chapter 5

Now I have one, what episode has them reading about throwing a sex party at an Airbnb and hiring people with task rabbit to help clean it up.

MarxCarl fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 24, 2021

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Sitting Here posted:

oh god, is that what the clammy circle of people touching each other in freeway park every year is

Yes. Yes that is.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sitting Here posted:

no, thats conor mcgregor doing movement training

thats a joke for bunnybread if he's reading this thread and only bunnybread if he's reading this thread

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If Bunnybread is reading this, you made "Get Your Head in the Game" a personal favorite episode of mine.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

RandomPauI posted:

Does anyone have any advice for how to quickly skim material to see if it might be worth reading or including in a doc?

Jump to a random point, see how funny it is. Does the website have good related content? Is there weird poo poo to be discovered?

If you haven't looked at Dozerfleet, go take a glance at the wiki. That site is practically constructed to be F Plus bait. I once found a site that was very close to F Plus bait but like randomly clicking around got me nowhere. There was probably good stuff, but every forum reply was its own bare text hyperlink.You want something Time Cubey, where any sampling is going to be amusing to read, and then you find the gems.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Djeser posted:

Jump to a random point, see how funny it is. Does the website have good related content? Is there weird poo poo to be discovered?

Random point sounds like solid advice.

I'm doing a doc on Star Trek fan fic and I've already found one where Kirk meets Jesus, one where Janeway is Laurie Straud from Halloween, and one where Data trying to kill Wesley is somehow tied to the homosexual agenda.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Extra credit chat: Shellgame's teehee laugh at particularly good/stupid jokes is very endearing

The most recent episode about yaoi girls however, is infuriating

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I have embraced the dialectic and continue to be a yuri girl

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

RandomPauI posted:

The best way to tell if something is going to work or not is to read it out loud yourself.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

For everyone about to listen to the latest F Plus episode, have this link ready: http://www.am-i-fat.com

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Putting this one together was frustrating because I couldn't find any good gangstalking material

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

This is amazing. I've listened to the blurtit episode so many times, I think it's one of the best, and this one is giving it a real run for its money. Holy poo poo. Everyone on this site is so dumb

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

LanceHunter posted:

For everyone about to listen to the latest F Plus episode, have this link ready: http://www.am-i-fat.com

web 4.0 has arrived.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Excellent episode. I give it 10/10 feetbabies

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Listening to the latest Extra Credit episode, and realizing that the Supernatural cast has had to deal with these people for 15+ years. Truly a living hell.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Everything about the Supernatural fandom ensured I will never watch Supernatural.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
So does anyone actually write the fanfics the posters there want, or is it just fans screaming about their kinks into a void?