Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

GD_American posted:

God I hope this loving blows up in Miami's face so bad.

same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Watson being traded and leading the team to a Super Bowl would be pretty loving hilarious.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

I'd like Tua on Detroit please.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Android Apocalypse posted:

Watson being traded and leading the team to a Super Bowl would be pretty loving hilarious.

Goodell handing convicted rapist DeShaun Watson the trophy is the optics the NFL deserves

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Honestly, if my team traded for Watson I'd literally stop being a fan of the team.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Hizawk posted:

Honestly, if my team traded for Watson I'd literally stop being a fan of the team.

You're far from the only person here who thinks that and I fully expect it to singlehandedly kill off minimum 75% of the Dolfans posts

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Hizawk posted:

I think all the Saints fans in here are basically on autopilot just from inertia. I started cheering for Kamara and a few other individual players, but I hope the franchise gets continuously embarrassed.

And Watson's case is so, so much worse

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1452309187187388419

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Android Apocalypse posted:

I wanna know who would have anything close to matching Miami's trade offer.

To be fair it says that's what Houston is looking for, not what Miami is offering

It could be along the lines of "You have to beat Miami's offer and if you offer three firsts and two seconds we'll just say yes immediately"

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

I just want Watson gone, I wouldn't care if the Texans only got a 7th round pick for him, or nothing. Release him! Get him away!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

lobster shirt posted:

I just want Watson gone, I wouldn't care if the Texans only got a 7th round pick for him, or nothing. Release him! Get him away!

:emptyquote:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah I've pretty much stopped watching the Texans this year because of it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1452373911048527881?s=20

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

In this case the source being "anyone who watched the Giants-Panthers game"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

please shoot me

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
In January 2021 if you had told me "two teams will be in on trading for Deshaun Watson, and two fanbases will be totally against the trade, and neither of those fanbases will be the Texans' ", well.

Anyway just get this motherfucker off the team some drat way please, release him if you have to

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1452408272636502019?s=21

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I hope a team trades for him and the nfl puts him in the exemption list forever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Elephanthead posted:

I hope a team trades for him and the district attorney immediately files criminal charges

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Elephanthead posted:

I hope a team trades for him and the nfl puts him in the exemption list forever.

Ideally he goes to prison for has many crimes and whoever traded for him doesn’t even get the chance to lobby for him to be able to play.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I don’t have high hopes for The Texas justice system believing women.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Elephanthead posted:

VS a black athlete who spoke out about social justice?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

On one hand he won’t be playing for the local team anymore. On the other what if the picks are dependent on him being able to play?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl/status/1452401393763901440?s=21

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

VS a black athlete who spoke out about social justice?

If he was going to be prosecuted, they probably would have already brought charges. It's not like the police haven't had all the relevant material for close to a year now. There's been more than ample time to present it to a grand jury or whatever Texas' criminal process is. They haven't brought charges yet, which makes me think they're probably not going to unless there's another bombshell waiting to drop. I don't think there is.

Watson is going to settle his civil suits and start for the team that trades for him. He'll face at max a 4-6 game suspension IF he ever serves one at all.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

Any criminal case would be tried in deep blue Harris County fwiw

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It's still a he said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Panthers trading for Watson after the NFL forced their previous owner out for less is very chefs kiss.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

GD_American posted:

It's still a he said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said-she said

There was a newspaper cover of this but with Cosby.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The funniest outcome is Watson getting traded, leading a team to the Super Bowl then getting suspended right before the game. Also then being locked away for 20 years.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

DariusLikewise posted:

The funniest outcome is Watson getting traded, leading a team to the Super Bowl then getting suspended right before the game. Also then being locked away for 20 years.

Even better if news breaks that morning of the Super Bowl, forcing all talk to focus on it instead of the game.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Mr. Nice! posted:

If he was going to be prosecuted, they probably would have already brought charges. It's not like the police haven't had all the relevant material for close to a year now. There's been more than ample time to present it to a grand jury or whatever Texas' criminal process is. They haven't brought charges yet, which makes me think they're probably not going to unless there's another bombshell waiting to drop. I don't think there is.

Watson is going to settle his civil suits and start for the team that trades for him. He'll face at max a 4-6 game suspension IF he ever serves one at all.

I thought the civil attorney had been lying about working with the police? Do they even have a full list of victims?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I would rather the panthers bottom out again than do this.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

I would rather the panthers bottom out again than do this.

I don't think they will be able to out-bid other teams in the race. The Texans want draft capital and they don't want Darnold over Mills. It'd functionally require the Panthers either trade young core pieces on defense (no), or dumping a truckload of picks for a QB (I don't see them winning a trade off here.)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami trades for Watson- we have a serious PR nightmare and we’re staring down the barrel of a another few 7-10/10-7 seasons until we fizzle

And we have no picks

OR

Keep the picks and fire everyone. Try again.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Honestly how is it not #2 each time

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Honestly how is it not #2 each time

Because Watson is a culture fit with the ownership group

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Most people aren't going to abandon their team, or perhaps even get upset, if they trade for Watson. And given the unsavory nature of many of the players and people running teams it's pretty understandable. I'm not going to throw any stones at Panthers or Dolphins fans for continuing to root for their teams even if they have Watson. But I will make a lot of tasteless jokes about it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

lobster shirt posted:

If I were a Texans fan, I think I'd be hoping they got something in return for him. It's not like you're having to look at him every week. If they get picks for him, I don't think they need to be regarded as blood money or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If the fins trade for Watson and send Tua packing, I will be a fan of whatever team Tua is traded to.