Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The act of creation is one of the draining most awful things, and anyone who does create is a rube. Imagine spending 10 hours drawing cubes and cyllinders and skulls so your faces look slightly less poo poo. Imagine just staring at eyeballs for hours. Just absolute maniac poo poo. If you create art you need a chaperone for your mental health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I just wish Fools Infinite would get off their rear end and make some more nedroids

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Captain DIEgiene posted:

I just wish Fools Infinite would get off their rear end and make some more nedroids

the truest thing ever said in this thread

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Boba Pearl posted:

The act of creation is one of the draining most awful things, and anyone who does create is a rube. Imagine spending 10 hours drawing cubes and cyllinders and skulls so your faces look slightly less poo poo. Imagine just staring at eyeballs for hours. Just absolute maniac poo poo. If you create art you need a chaperone for your mental health.

And then you look at the page and all you see is THE ERRORS

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

god never made a sunday strip.

hopefully pupkin won't make that same mistake

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
oh yeah, I just draw detached hands for a week like I'm a Shigaraki fetishist. im sure this will not cause any brain damage -an absolute fool

I've done enough anatomy studies that I can kind of see the basic shapes people are made out of - a future serial killer.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Please post more Achewood. I never thought I'd want that but it being posted itt made me like it very much.

Catloaf, HfD, etc are garbage but it's fine I can scroll past. I like Makai no Ossan a lot, and Val and Isaac. And the new thing Serious Engineering had a rough start but I'm invested.

I thought about posting a comic I used to like, Boxer Hockey, but it was effort and it isn't actually very good for a really long time and I think has some weird slurs early on so I won't commit, but if someone else would like to...

e: Pupkin is the best thing itt

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Tree Bucket posted:

It's rad how a comic created to be a more generic version of Garfield has wound up inspiring hand-stitched cum-tanks.

Heathcliff predates Garfield by three years.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

god never made a sunday strip.

hopefully pupkin won't make that same mistake

What? Watterson had a whole book called The Lazy Sunday Book

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
After catching up, I only have one question.
Did you stop posting heirarchy of genres?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

😎
👉👉

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Post poste posted:

After catching up, I only have one question.
Did you stop posting heirarchy of genres?

It updates very slowly.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Captain DIEgiene posted:

:hmmyes:

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Captain DIEgiene posted:

Why is this thread full of so many idiots. Fools Infinite writes the alt texts, not the whole comic. FFS people.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
That's not entirely true, I also do terrible comic edits.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Fools Infinite posted:

That's not entirely true, I also do terrible comic edits.

Still better than no new Nedroid. I'll take it!!

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

I like Frog Uncle.

Also, Cat Loaf is cute. gently caress all y'all.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I was skimming past your stuff, Boba - not my cup of tea - but now that I have been informed there is a frogman in the mix you have my full attention.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i'd read a comic that was entirely frog uncle cussing out adventurers

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I also love Uncle the immediate I thought of him, so getting positive feedback on that rules.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
After the "nah yeah" I choose to interpret Uncle Frog as having a very broad Queenslander accent. I guess he could be a canetoad.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
jod

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Tree Bucket posted:

After the "nah yeah" I choose to interpret Uncle Frog as having a very broad Queenslander accent. I guess he could be a canetoad.

It's also a Californian thing, but I somehow imagine Uncle as being from either Australia or Queens New York, which kind of have the same energy for me.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
Of course Uncle's australian

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

oh my god I google'd large green frog for my reference when I drew it and it was one of these, so yeah Uncle's an aussie.

e: You can even see the little dot on his head.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Now the ever internal debate, does the frog say the c word.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Boba Pearl posted:

It's also a Californian thing, but I somehow imagine Uncle as being from either Australia or Queens New York, which kind of have the same energy for me.
Yeah no, no yeah, yeah no yeah. Ours is a rich and vibrant language.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

who taught this fruncle to swear
he's teaching all the kids now too

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mx. posted:

You have no idea how unbelievably happy it makes me that you did this. omg.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

So during the genesis of web comics, specifically sprite comics, there was a site called Fireball20xl.

It was like a collaborative website with one central comic creator who made about three different sonic fan comics and several other contributors who also made sonic adjacent original character comics.

I'd be pretty surprised if anyone here had ever been to that site since I get the feeling most people in these threads either post recent stuff or only ever read webcomics that get posted here and never sought them out on their own.

Most of the comics were probably poo poo that only young kids would like which is why I am not too keen on trying to dredge them up. Part of me wonders if they exist in any form on the internet anymore. Part of me is scared to even type their names, like what happened to your friends after you moved away 20 years ago.

This post brought to you by decades of Fandom induced ptsd. Every time I see hangin out get posted my skin crawls and I want to see more but I'm scared of what's going on behind the scenes. Gotta just be blowing things out of proportion from what is by all accounts an innocent comic but I'm damaged.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ellie Trashcakes posted:

Yeah no, no yeah, yeah no yeah. Ours is a rich and vibrant language.

Curious as to what those three variations mean, and if it matches our usage. Though I've not heard "yeah no yeah" here.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Mx. posted:

I just wanted to tell Boba Pearl that her art is improving and then you go and knock it out of the ballpark.
:vince:

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

So during the genesis of web comics, specifically sprite comics, there was a site called Fireball20xl.

Ow, my memory bones. Used to read one I can’t remember the name of that featured an OC that hung around the Sonic gang but was also more powerful (and coincidentally shared the author’s name) and a time traveller somehow? Then they started crossing over with any sprite based game while keeping kinda self-consistent. Last I remember, Axel from Kingdom Hearts was teaching MegaMan to make fun of Fantastic Dizzy. The only reason I think I kept reading it is the sprite edits were actually quite skilful. It certainly wasn’t the god awful writing.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
The manliest of men deal with wounds the same way they deal with everything else - shoot it with guns!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

Don Rosa also has most of his fan base in Europe, probably because he brings a level of grittiness Disney doesn't allow for other properties.

Probably because for a time his comics weren't published in the US, only in Europe.

e: and possibly other non-US locales.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 10:45 on Oct 25, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
What. That's insane. He even lives in the US, and creates his comics in English, under a Disney contract. And a lot of them are set in the US. :psyduck:

e: incredible, issues are available years before the US in Germany, Denmark and Norway. Translated, no less.

Antigravitas has a new favorite as of 11:00 on Oct 25, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Antigravitas posted:

What. That's insane. He even lives in the US, and creates his comics in English, under a Disney contract. And a lot of them are set in the US. :psyduck:

e: incredible, issues are available years before the US in Germany, Denmark and Norway. Translated, no less.

This might be wrong but I think between 1999 and 2002 no new Disney comics were published in the US. Something like that, anyway.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 11:36 on Oct 25, 2021

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Boba Pearl posted:

It updates very slowly.

*Laughs in Order of the Stick*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Mickey Mouse is still in stuff, but only the most bland generic cartoons and kids shows that you never hear about because they genuinely don't appeal to anyone over 6. And in Kingdom Hearts, which is it own baffling mess in so many ways. Otherwise, Disney treats him like the good china you never ever take out of the display cupboard unless you have the Pope over for dinner or something, until you die and no one gives a poo poo about it anymore so your kids give it to a thrift store to be sold for 10c apiece or use it to eat pizza off.