Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
So why is there a need to import Dutch poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

domhal posted:

Higher quality diet so better fertiliser.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

domhal posted:

We must not allow a sewage gap.

Lady Demelza
Dec 29, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

"Best boy" (or Best girl) is the deputy to the chief electrician or grip on a film or TV set. I don't find it odd that aTV presenter would call the deputy leader of a political party the best Boy/girl. It's not the wisest thing to say, but it's not devoid of context.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Cheers

If I were the UK Gov I would avoid this situation by simply not privatising and running for profit a natural monopoly like water lol.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

domhal posted:

Because most British sewage treatment processes and burns the sludge, and the ones just dumping it aren't concentrating it enough for it to be useful.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

https://twitter.com/KateEMcCann/status/1452587817398415361?s=20

Let them (leopards) eat people's faces.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'd be down with a Zoroastrian style tower of silence somewhere.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1452573739619606534?t=1s_fx_SvdoEaiGGec-XWoA

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
great shitstain and the EU vassal territory of north ireland

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Now that's an awesome bit of casting.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

That’s a spot-on decision, doubtful I’ll actually watch it but still.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i hope they spray paint him silver and glue pcb boards all over him to really get the vibe going

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

Some pr nonce clued the Tories in on the fact that humans are basically slightly more intelligent dogs and can remember three word phrases before getting bored or confused (see: get Brexit done, build back better, hands face space etc)

Keir therefore has to do the opposite and write 700 page speeches and campaign slogans that use 2 sides of A4. Forensic stuff
Best example of this was the brexit literature. Leave campaign's flyer was in bright primary colours with lots of pictures of people having fun on tractors and diggers and was laid out like the cover of take a break, all exclamation marks and subheadings.

Remain's was an envelope that probably nobody opened, with a politely worded letter cosigned by Stephen Fry that even I didn't read and I was supposedly on the same side.

The tories victory in that campaign was realising that Britain's natural spirit is only polite tea parties in appearance only - the real British spirit is two neighbours drunkenly screaming at each other over parking spaces.

Azza Bamboo posted:

To my eye the gradient is just a small part of a race to the yellow yellows of the bottom right

It just needs to lib dem logo in the bottom right and that's twitter ready.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It just needs to lib dem logo in the bottom right and that's twitter ready.
It would work better if the gradient wasn't the literal colour of the LibDem logo meaning you can barely see the thing!

It's honestly so close it feels deliberate...

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

game

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1452593724479975426

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Starmer has to remind everyone about the Labour conference and his speech because otherwise no one would ever remember it.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

the sex ghost posted:

Keir therefore has to do the opposite and write 700 page speeches and campaign slogans that use 2 sides of A4. Forensic stuff

Couple this with the absolutely bizarre tactic of announcing that your own party members are a bunch of dangerous looneys but you'll bravely go to war against them (can you imagine any other UK political party doing this??) and the sky's the limit for Labour's poll ratings!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

I hate this loving country and I hate this loving party because they loving hate me

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

New fudge released!

Hi Goons! It's nearly the end of October, which naturally means there's a pressing need to have sweet stuff in the house. May we humbly suggest fudge as the best possible option for warding off trick-or-treaters? Or for quietly eating by yourself with the light off, hoping they don't notice you. We don't judge.

This month due to popular demand we've released a collection of our cruelty-free Vegan fudges, including two brand new flavours. We also have a special offer on a couple of flavours due to short expiry dates- while we're sure most of our fudge doesn't last a week after dropping through your letterbox anyway, the sale flavours actually /need/ eating before the end of the month!

Without further ado, here's our flavour list. All stock is currently live at https://www.fudjit.co.uk and ready to be snapped up!

New and newly returned flavours

Veganilla
- Cruelty free vanilla. What's more to say?
Vegan Cookies - Vegan fudge surrounding delicious chocolate sandwich cookies.
Vegan Biscoff - Delicious chunks of crunchy, caramelly Biscoff cookies surrounded by vegan fudge.
Vegan Chocolate - By popular demand! Organic high-cocoa vegan-friendly dark chocolate melted into our vegan fudge for an intense and rich chocolatey hit!
Vegan Maple & Pecan - One of our most popular breakout flavours of the past few months, now in vegan form! 100% pure Canadian Maple Syrup and crunchy pecan nuts make for a delicious combination.

Current Flavours

Original Vanilla
Malted Milk
Frightful Fudge
(Hallowe'en special- black mixed berry fudge with foam and jelly spoooOOooOOooky shapes)
Chai Latte (Very limited stocks!)
Maple and Pecan
Caramilk
Strawberry Milkshake (Very limited stocks!)
Nibblez
Chocolate And Chilli
Salted Caramel
PSF (Pumpkin Spiced fudge) (Very very limited stocks!)
Apple Pie

Flavours on Sale - 50% Off! (Short expiry)

Liquorice
Jelly Beanz

All fudge costs £3.50 for a c100gr bar plus P&P. Use the goon discount code 'Roastbeefisbest' at checkout to get 5-for-4 on all orders! Fudge is sent out by Royal Mail 1st Class.

Any enquiries, queries, suggestions or feedback please drop me a mail at fudjit.orders@gmail.com or a pm via facebook at fb.me/fudjit. Or a PM here. Or send a well trained carrier pigeon or something.

Get fudged!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
check your kids halloween candy. my cousin found an entire dead 90s comedy forum inside a piece of fudge

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Out of interest, how does the vegan fudge differ in ingredients and taste/texture etc?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's quorn.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Keith smugly saying "My slogan was Chanting slogans or Changing Lives" narks me off.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Necrothatcher posted:

Keith smugly saying "My slogan was Chanting slogans or Changing Lives" narks me off.

Ah, but he didn't chant it, he mumbled it uncharismarically, that's allowed

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Out of interest, how does the vegan fudge differ in ingredients and taste/texture etc?

So in terms of ingredients it uses a variety of plant-based dairy substitutes to provide the fats needed. Taste/texture wise, the result is a rather drier, crumblier product with hints of oat to the flavour. Sadly the smooth and soft texture of my normal fudge basically requires dairy fats in order to exist, but the vegan flavours still taste great. They just come from a different paradigm of fudge.

Also this is probably the first time the phrase 'paradigm of fudge' has been used in the history of the english language. I hope you all appreciate being present for this historic occasion.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1452590934793850888

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Dairy in baking is one of the main reasons I'll never be able to go full vegan, there's just no substitute that comes close imo

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

multijoe posted:

Dairy in baking is one of the main reasons I'll never be able to go full vegan, there's just no substitute that comes close imo

That and the cheese and chocolate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eggs are my vegan killer. Cheese isn't far behind though.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Angrymog posted:

That and the cheese and chocolate.

sure let's just say 'dairy' overall, it's very good folks!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

multijoe posted:

Non dairy Margarine is fine, vegetable oil and apple sauce as a substitute to egg is fine. Vegan baking is fine.

Vegan pizza on the other hand is an abomination.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Needs more gradient imo

Tesseraction posted:

Eggs are my vegan killer.
They're also good at killing people with egg allergies.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm sure I've mentioned this before but in the invasion panics of WWI plans were extremely quickly drawn up to repel a German invasion either up the south bank of the Thames from a landing in Medway or up from a broad-fronted landing along the south coast[1]. The final line of defence was to be the Thames itself, and the defence would take the form of massive poison gas shelling from north of the river[2]. What I'm saying is that the SE London goons are already involved in the plans to defend God's side of the river, just maybe not in the way they might be expecting.

[1] This would of course have been even more impossible than Sealion with the technology and logistics available at the time, but the press (the Mail in particular, quelle surprise) had been hyping up fears of invasion for decades at this point (War Of The Worlds is the best known example of what was a huge industry of invasion paranoia media and I'd be genuinely fascinated to read if anyone's ever done a proper history of that genre and the forces that led to it), and the entire public and a big chunk even of the military brass who knew the impossibility of invasion were absolutely convinced the Germans would somehow just keep building trenches across the Channel until they were digging up Piccadilly.
[2] This was taken seriously enough that every once in a while they find stashes of mustard gas shells just laying around by the river, because they apparently were in such a loving hurry nobody thought to note where they'd put all the poisons and by 1918 everyone was so jazzed to get those homes fit for heroes that nobody bothered to even count and go "Hey we're missing enough poison gas to kill Stevenage, maybe someone should take a look?".

I was going to say "why would they want to?" but I see you addressed that.

I'm sure there's been some SF crit studies of the whole Battle of Dorking/When William Came-type genre, but I can't remember names offhand and I'm not sure how much they go into the social forces behind it. I'll see if I can rummage anything out of the back room...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Can only find four vegan fudges on the site, Vegan Cookies is missing I think?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Just got my renewed drivers licence and something looked off about it..... no blue & yellow stars EU flag on it, just a sad and forlorn looking UK.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My paraody gland has burst... This is a parody, right?

https://twitter.com/MichaelTakeMP/status/1452571073950752769

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

fuctifino posted:

you're taking the mick, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

fuctifino posted:

Literally named Mick Take.