Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Big Beef City posted:

Let me ask you this;

what would you be comfortable with happening in movies since you've stated repeatedly that you don't want guns on set OR stunts to be occurring?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

punishedkissinger posted:

my concern is that he will be singularly blamed when the rest of management hosed up by having this guy apparently be the single point of failure for the safety of the set. even after a stunt double was handed a HOT gun that was called COLD and almost killed someone.

The big question would be how much he knew about the stunt double incident. I could see a case for an AD being like "WTF were real bullets doing here in the first place?" but if he knew about it already from the other incident then yeah that's just unacceptable. Still staggering how anyone thought bringing real ammo to the set and using the same guns they were filming with to gently caress around in off time was a good idea, though.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Let me ask you this;

what would you be comfortable with happening in movies since you've stated repeatedly that you don't want guns on set OR stunts to be occurring?

i think guns and stunts should be allowed and should be tightly overseen by qualified union labor under strict regulation.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Big Beef City posted:

Let me ask you this;

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Let me ask you this;

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

i think guns and stunts should be allowed and should be tightly overseen by qualified union labor under strict regulation.

Under these conditions no accidents shall ever happen for all of cinema, time immemorial. Congratulations. You've solved it. You're so smart.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Accidents shall only happen when thou deemst it and seemst necessary. Of course. For things YOU want to witness in film.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

Let me ask you this;

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

lol

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Accidents shall only happen when thou deemst it and seemst necessary. Of course. For things YOU want to witness in film.

this has very little to do with this incident that this thread is discussing. people are pretty much never killed by firearms on set. This is the first time it has happened in three decades and it seems to be entirely due to a failure of management.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

this has very little to do with this incident that this thread is discussing. people are pretty much never killed by firearms on set. This is the first time it has happened in three decades and it seems to be entirely due to a failure of management.

Yeah so it's weird that you've been screaming so hard about it

Which is the entire point

You don't give a poo poo about this. You just want to be a moaning moron about labor that crawled out of CSPAM or some poo poo and use this as your pedestal.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

I sincerely do not understand what point you are trying to make

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
This wouldn't have happened if Howie Hawkins won

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

You don't give a poo poo about this. You just want to be a moaning moron about labor that crawled out of CSPAM or some poo poo and use this as your pedestal.

if they had listened to the union workers who had walked out no one would have died.

if they had used a union armorer no one would have died.

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

drat dude you're still aggro posting all in this thread, fuckin calm down and do something else you loving loser.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It must be nice to be able to shoot a random person then get away with no charges by saying "I filmed a movie that had a gun in it once".

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

an interesting series of posts

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

if they had listened to the union workers who had walked out no one would have died.

if they had used a union armorer no one would have died.

sounds like the director is to blame!!

thankfully someone shot him

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

onion armorer

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

I think all gun scenes should use live bullets, to keep everyone on their toes and thinking constantly about safety.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
everyone is a loser except for alec baldwin who is also a huge loser

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I hope alec baldwin never plays the president of america because the nuke button would turn out to be real and he would just :f5:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shingles doesn’t care.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Cropped that with the other guys hand still in frame

I finally get symbolism in films

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 1 minute!
lol at all the parasocial creeps on twitter expressing how sad they are for Alec and not the woman who loving died lmao

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm sad we may never see the story of Rust told on the big screen :smith:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

smoobles posted:

lol at all the parasocial creeps on twitter expressing how sad they are for Alec and not the woman who loving died lmao

if she had a gun this wouldnt have happened

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I think Johnny Depp did it. Does he have an alibi?

nvidiagouge
Sep 30, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
At least you know they weren't using tired writing tropes because someone was in a church with a gun in a western.

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

smoobles posted:

the dead don't care

must suck for her family though, losing her for this unhinged two bit circus production

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 1 minute!

Splorange posted:

the dead don't care

must suck for her family though, losing her for this unhinged two bit circus production

I'd hold out for the rotten tomatoes score before deciding if her death was in vain or not

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

https://www.cnn.com/entertainment/live-news/rust-shooting-alec-baldwin-10-25-21/index.html

holy gently caress

they literally did the exact thing that caused this shooting MORE THAN ONCE WTF

Well Baldwin's stunt hand was clearly not as good a shot as Baldwin.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

‘Rust’ producers wrap set for shooting investigation, calling it a ‘pause’

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-24/rust-producers-shut-down-production-during-investigation

Producers of Alec Baldwin’s “Rust” have announced that they are going to “pause” the film production as law enforcement investigates the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

“As we go through this crisis, we have made the decision to wrap the set at least until the investigations are complete,” the producers said in an email to crew members Sunday night.

“Although our hearts are broken, and it is hard to see beyond the horizon, this is, at the moment, a pause rather than an end. The spirit that brought us all to this special place remains,” the producers said.

Production already had been halted on the set at Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe since Thursday afternoon, when Baldwin, an actor and producer of the film, accidentally shot Hutchins with a prop gun while rehearsing a shoot-out scene in a wooden church. The production was on the 12th day of a 21-day film shoot.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

More proof that movies kill people smdh

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I think we should cap the number of murders allowed on movie sets.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

withak posted:

the thread for hardcore leftie liberal opinions is that way.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Bronze Fonz posted:

“Although our hearts are broken, and it is hard to see beyond the horizon, this is, at the moment, a pause rather than an end. The spirit that brought us all to this special place remains,” the producers said.

ok yeah i think everyone listed as a producer on this deserves to hang

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Fake deaths are lame. That stuff used to fly, but nowadays you can just Google the actors name and see that they aren't really dead. Really takes me out of the experience.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ok yeah i think everyone listed as a producer on this deserves to hang

more death will fix this problem thank you for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

withak posted:

I think we should cap the number of movies allowed to be made a year