Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They’ll put that flying shyguy game in this one and I’ll finally make him fly all around the room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
I don't think the tug of war minigame is really going to cause more wear and tear than any other joystick-using gameplay.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snake Maze posted:

I don't think the tug of war minigame is really going to cause more wear and tear than any other joystick-using gameplay.

Mario Party absolutely ruined controllers back in the day (and injured hands)

If your statement is true, it's just because no one will actually play MP1 enough for it to matter

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Snake Maze posted:

you put your palm on the stick and rotate it at approx 4500rpm how wouldnt it

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

The Bloop posted:

Mario Party absolutely ruined controllers back in the day (and injured hands)

If your statement is true, it's just because no one will actually play MP1 enough for it to matter

Yeah, but that was because of kids using their palms and pushing too hard, not, like, magic anti-joystick energies emanating from the game. You can just rotate the joystick normally with your thumb without pushing harder than usual, and in fact with how low the joycon's sticks are it's probably a lot more comfortable that way than trying to use your palm.

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Is there a USB adapter for USB Switch controllers that redefines the input sent to the Switch? You can only remap joy con and the pro controller in the settings.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

ive been posting in this thread (under different accounts) since launch angrily demanding OOT be playable on switch. i have it emulated on a tablet and my pc but it's just not the same. emulated games don't 'count' to me. ive never been an achievement hunter or anything I just like doing things the official way.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snake Maze posted:

Yeah, but that was because of kids using their palms and pushing too hard, not, like, magic anti-joystick energies emanating from the game. You can just rotate the joystick normally with your thumb without pushing harder than usual, and in fact with how low the joycon's sticks are it's probably a lot more comfortable that way than trying to use your palm.

yeah and people are absolutely going to use their palms because it's a lot faster

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

ive been posting in this thread (under different accounts) since launch angrily demanding OOT be playable on switch. i have it emulated on a tablet and my pc but it's just not the same. emulated games don't 'count' to me. ive never been an achievement hunter or anything I just like doing things the official way.

Every N64 game on NSO will be emulated.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

If you're palming the stick and torquing the hell out of it into the controller body that's on you

Don't get mad at Nintendo for Inducing a Desire to Win at a Children's Game So Badly You Damage a Piece of Your Own Property

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Snake Maze posted:

the worry is that the joycon sticks are poo poo

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago

Andrast posted:

yeah and people are absolutely going to use their palms because it's a lot faster

Well maybe the people panicking and planning to throw the minigame or ask for button controls shouldn't use their palms like that!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Snake Maze posted:

Well maybe the people panicking and planning to throw the minigame or ask for button controls shouldn't use their palms like that!!!

then you will lose the minigame

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Not a Children posted:

If you're palming the stick and torquing the hell out of it into the controller body that's on you

Don't get mad at Nintendo for Inducing a Desire to Win at a Children's Game So Badly You Damage a Piece of Your Own Property
username/post combo ftmfw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Stux posted:

then you will lose the minigame
I will win because I'm better than you.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

It's the sequel that went overboard.

Agreed, I played through them both on Rare Replay a few years ago and had way more fun with Kazooie, it's just much more tight and focussed. Tooie is full of interminable poo poo and DK64 took that concept to the nadir

Snake Maze posted:

asking people to not do the thing which brings more success has a long and storied track record of working!! says an idiot

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Wanting to win so bad in Mario Party against randoms that I'm willing to spend upwards of $400 per year on joy cons. That's definitely a me problem.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
looking forward to everybody who hasn't played n64 games in a long time coming back to them and going "man these games aren't that good" and we'll argue about it for another hundred pages and the thread will devolve into people saying "well rare made all the good games for n64" shortly before making GBS threads ourselves and dying

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hotdog feet posted:

looking forward to everybody who hasn't played n64 games in a long time coming back to them and going "man these games aren't that good" and we'll argue about it for another hundred pages and the thread will devolve into people saying "well rare made all the good games for n64" shortly before making GBS threads ourselves and dying

Can't wait :allears:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think a lot of those N64 games still hold up just fine.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'll have fun with them but until I get one of those wireless N64 Controllers I'm Definitely Going To Feel Like Half The Magic Isn't There.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

hotdog feet posted:

N64 games are good OP. Maybe it's you who are bad.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Mario Golf 64 definitely holds up, a few years ago I'd come back from my restaurant job at the time with a couple of beers and smoke a joint and happily play rounds of that until bedtime

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Put Wave Race 64 and Diddy Kong Racing on NSO please Nintendo

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gandalf21 posted:

Put Wave Race 64 and Diddy Kong Racing on NSO please Nintendo

The former will definitely happen, and there's a pretty good chance for the latter, as well.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm looking forward to pulling out MK64 with my 9 year old who has played about 100 hours of MK8 only and seeing how it sinks in.

"Daddy played this a lot in college with Mr Mike and Mr Dave! No further questions about college, please!"

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

American McGay posted:

N64 games are good OP. Maybe it's you who are bad.

both. i like n64 games.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, I never knew I had THAT much nostalgia for the N64 era, but seeing the games planned even so far has got me all-in. Doesn't hurt that I'm also looking forward to the AC DLC. :shrug:

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
MK64 and Starfox at least hold up. I think most of these do, albeit some with poor QOL mechanics.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sin and Punishment is real good, the sequel is better but I doubt they’ll ever port it to the switch

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I had to return my Winback rental to Blockbuster right before finishing it and now 20 years later I can finally find out what happens!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Agreed, I played through them both on Rare Replay a few years ago and had way more fun with Kazooie, it's just much more tight and focussed. Tooie is full of interminable poo poo and DK64 took that concept to the nadir

asking people to not do the thing which brings more success has a long and storied track record of working!! says an idiot

DK64 came out in between Kazooie and Tooie, iirc.

I played a lot more of Tooie than the original. I mostly just liked how fun it could be to wander around the worlds and discover new things or just the almost Metroidvania way the later worlds all connected together, which usually featured in some puzzles, or just an easy way to get around. Does help make the world feel like a cohesive place despite the cartoony aesthetic, let alone when you get to Cloud Cuckooland and when you inevitably fall out of the sky you get a view of the Isle 'O' Hags from above and clearly see the rest of the worlds you've been to so far. Reminds me of what Super Mario Sunshine would do, one of the few Mario games where the setting is all one big connected area that is clearly a community where people live and work.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I will not be satisfied until there is a game on the Nintendo Switch that prominently features TipTup

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

NienNunb posted:

I will not be satisfied until there is a game on the Nintendo Switch that prominently features TipTup

good news they're adding banjo-kazooie which features tiptup

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lOl YoU cAn JuSt PlAy on ReTROaRcH INSTEAD lol delete tEh ROMS afTER 24 HoURS

The afternoon launch time is for pacific, not east coast I think. So it hasn't launched yet, but i'm still excited.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nintendo let me play WinBack!!!!!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So is the Expansion Pass live?

Was thinking of waiting to upgrade until my N64 and Sega controllers arrived. Maybe delaying until Nov 1st just so I remember when the renewal date is

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astro7x posted:

So is the Expansion Pass live?

Was thinking of waiting to upgrade until my N64 and Sega controllers arrived. Maybe delaying until Nov 1st just so I remember when the renewal date is

Not yet, 2 1/2 more hours I think.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Not yet, 2 1/2 more hours I think.

Where are you finding that potential launch time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wish I could play hours and hours of Perfect Dark 4 player again with my old friends

Yeah it's janky and ugly but it was FUN