Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

I think they were revealed along with her Brainstorm back during Strixhaven. I guess they are just now going up for sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Quick random question, Split Second doesn't prevent triggered abilities going on top of it on the stack, right? Only manually activated stuff?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

BizarroAzrael posted:

Quick random question, Split Second doesn't prevent triggered abilities going on top of it on the stack, right? Only manually activated stuff?

Correct.
If you control a magecraft thing and cast Sudden Edict or whatever, magecraft well trigger and its effect will resolve first.
As a bonus, because a split second spell is on the stack, the triggered ability will also, effectively, have split second too

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 24, 2021

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The more I listen to the Resleevables podcast and listen to Patrick Sullivan wax poetic about what is and isn't good card game design, the more I think Alrund's Epiphany is a horseshit card that's the lynchpin in a bunch of horseshit decks and that Standard can only be improved by banning it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
https://twitter.com/fluffycattens/status/1451476739193032738?s=21

::yikes:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Here's a better thread
https://twitter.com/hothqueenofsnow/status/1451672774297018371
https://twitter.com/hothqueenofsnow/status/1451728165655646217?s=20

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Edit: I’m too tired to get into the weeds on this today

whydirt fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Oct 24, 2021

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Ya know, all this kinda leads me to suspect that there might possibly be a slightly higher concentration of autistic people among Magic players than among the general public.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gynovore posted:

Ya know, all this kinda leads me to suspect that there might possibly be a slightly higher concentration of autistic people among Magic players than among the general public.
okay?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Gynovore posted:

drat, nice find dude.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gynovore posted:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Gynovore posted:

Explain. :allears:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gynovore posted:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lol see you guys in a few pages

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Can this thread literally ever be good

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

bad game, bad thread, bad posters

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Paul Zuvella posted:

No. Magic players are all horrible, and we are all Magic players.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Gynovore posted:

what do u mean

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

The Human Crouton posted:

No. Magic players are all horrible, and we are all Magic players.

I go one step further by being a horrible magic player

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if the Magic The Gathering's player-base has more autistic people than other hobbies, but I do know it has a lot of silly-gooses.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

DangerDongs posted:

I don't know if the Magic The Gathering's player-base has more autistic people than other hobbies, but I do know it has a lot of silly-gooses.

Ironic since only one Goose card has ever been printed

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

HootTheOwl posted:

I go one step further by being a horrible magic player

:cool::hf::cool:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

DangerDongs posted:

Yup.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Hell yeah finally got one

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

born on a buy you posted:

I played a 5k this weekend and saw like five of these.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

If anyone else wants one I have on FT and I used to work in an ABA program if anyone has any questions (spoiler: it's abusive)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I have no idea what that sentence means

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I have no idea what that sentence means

Put in another quarter and try again?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
What's a good place to get playmats? I want a Hunter x Hunter playmat. :3:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

They are doing another one lol

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
MID is over. Time for a Wedding!
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/where-find-innistrad-crimson-vow-previews-2021-10-25

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che
looks like wotc has been partnering with their local children's hospital for extra life for about a decade now?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Maro did his regular vague info dump thing again.

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/666032714092331009/maros-innistrad-crimson-vow-teaser

quote:

Before previews for Innistrad: Crimson Vow officially begin, I thought it would be fun to do another of my Duelist-style teasers where I give tiny hints of things to come. Note that I’m only giving you partial information.

First up, here are some things you can expect:

• The following counter types: bloodline, croak, invitation, judgment, omen, slime, and suspect

• A new mechanic that removes something never removed before

• A popular and powerful creature card from an Innistrad set gets reprinted

• A new artifact token, along the lines of Clue, Food and Treasure

• A card that makes red Dragon Illusion creature tokens with flying and haste

• A mechanic that first appeared as a faction mechanic returns

• A new legendary creature card that combines two characters that previously each had their own legendary creature card

• A new card that lets you cast certain cards off the top of your library

• A new mechanic which is a mirror of an already existing mechanic

• A legendary character returns, but now as a Vampire

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “Choose a number between 0 and 13.”

• “with mana value less than or equal to the number of Vampires you control”

• “If it’s red, you may cast it this turn.”

• “Zombies you control have flying.”

• “At the beginning of your upkeep, any opponent may sacrifice a creature.”

• “Kraken, Leviathan, Octopus, or Serpent”

• “twice that many of those tokens are created instead.”

• “Whenever a Human you control dies,”

• “equal to the number of permanents you control that are Spirits and/or enchantments.”

• “Then if you control exactly thirteen permanents,”

Finally, here are some creature type lines in the set:

• Creature – Human Ranger Werewolf

• Creature – Angel Soldier

• Creature – Zombie Scorpion

• Creature – Serpent Egg

• Creature – Eye Horror

• Legendary Creature – Human Peasant

• Legendary Creature – Spirit Warlock

• Legendary Creature – Slug Horror

• Legendary Creature – Kraken Horror

• Legendary Creature – Vampire Noble (two new ones)

I want the "popular and powerful creature card from an Innistrad set gets reprinted" to be Snapcaster mage, but I know it won't be.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Cactrot posted:

https://markrosewater.tumblr.com/post/666032714092331009/maros-innistrad-crimson-vow-teaser

I want the "popular and powerful creature card from an Innistrad set gets reprinted" to be Snapcaster mage, but I know it won't be.

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben? Champion of the Parish to go with ~ of the Perished?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

for removing something that has never been removable before, is there anything it could be other than emblems? any permanent is removable, anything in your hand is removable, your library is removable, your graveyard is removable

hell even things in exile are, to some degree in rare cases, removable

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

evilweasel posted:

for removing something that has never been removable before, is there anything it could be other than emblems? any permanent is removable, anything in your hand is removable, your library is removable, your graveyard is removable

hell even things in exile are, to some degree in rare cases, removable
Poison counters on self maybe? Wait no there's leeches. I'm not sure what else it could be besides emblems.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

quote:

“twice that many of those tokens are created instead.”

• “equal to the number of permanents you control that are Spirits and/or enchantments.”

Please be good for modern tokens

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

evilweasel posted:

for removing something that has never been removable before, is there anything it could be other than emblems?

Strip Magic: The Gathering confirmed

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Cactrot posted:

It's definitely not Avacyn and I have to make peace with this fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Not counting Midnight Hunt legendaries, the legendary coming back as a vampire would be Thalia or Odric, right? Unless they did something weird like Gitrogg or a vampire tree.