Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

When the game came out it sometimes simply wouldn't work, even at point blank ranges. you'd have a 95% chance to hit and miss all 5 shots.

Yep.

Like I said I use vats to locate enemies and never actually shoot. Just grab them, exit, and fire away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

On the flip side, thanks to Vats crits I can kill a super mutant a mile away with just a Gauss shotty.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I used to have a pump shotgun that had increased vats accuracy and before they "fixed" it each pellet was 100% damage and accuracy. That gun wrecked.

Edit:
https://youtu.be/9mRX-MEPzhs
This glitch. Man it ruled to just tear rear end across the wasteland. No armor. Just blasting everything in vats.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 24, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When you’ve got hundreds of millions of people playing FO76 the RNG is going to make people miss 5 95% shots in a row sometimes that’s just basic math.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

bird with big dick posted:

When you’ve got hundreds of millions of people playing FO76 the RNG is going to make people miss 5 95% shots in a row sometimes that’s just basic math.

nah it was broken

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

You've played long enough to know that this isn't the case and that VATS has been broken in several different ways throughout the game's lifecycle.

Unless this is an ironic reference to something I don't recognize.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Rinkles posted:

When the game came out it sometimes simply wouldn't work, even at point blank ranges. you'd have a 95% chance to hit and miss all 5 shots.

I see this sometimes with shooting bursts at near targets with clear LOS and they all miss, so I tab/Q to restart it and then they hit. this was with a non-legendary gun with good mods on it (combat rifle, high end short barrel, stock etc) and 80+ to-hit showing on the screen.

e: I still like it and use it though, I'm totally fine not aiming all my shots manually, and yes as mentioned it will often lose lock on a target that is moving

Discospawn posted:

Unless this is an ironic reference to something I don't recognize.

pretty sure that was sarcastic :shrug:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Incredible roll. Congrats. I just pulled 4 guns with combos I want to try out. The big one was a lmg with exploding.

I would have been happy with either of these, I really did not expect to break the game in half right after hitting 50

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

I would have been happy with either of these, I really did not expect to break the game in half right after hitting 50

Similar happened to me with breaking the game at 50. Found a full set of fully modded legendary t-65 power armor on the wild. RIP to the power bastard that lost that.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Goddamnit, dropped a nuke for a queen, ten seconds after she spawned my game froze and crashed. Yesterday it crashed right after I finished replacing the mainframe cores. loving Fallout.

Also haven't had one person come to my camp for candy today. Booo.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I haven't had a single person take a candy from my camp this entire event.

With regards to VATS, I only use it to locate enemies and to target small, fast enemies like bloatflies.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I set a camp up by the prime fissure site so I could get people coming to the event to swing by, hit the vending machine, and I was set up for a dozen people to be around my bare bones tower when it crashed me out earlier. It's a good spot for exactly that purpose, and the candy bowl gets picked at pretty well during/after Scorched Earth.

I might just jump on in the morning and drop nukes until my candy bowl is picked clean.

Finished the scoreboard today and was surprised to see it keep going past 100.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

so, the regeneration perk on legendary armor a) stacks and b) fixes limb damage :shrug:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Goddamnit, dropped a nuke for a queen, ten seconds after she spawned my game froze and crashed. Yesterday it crashed right after I finished replacing the mainframe cores. loving Fallout.

To everybody who is having trouble with the candy challenge:

Move your camp or camp slot 2 close to the area around the Wayward/Overseers Camp, make the camp icon a pumpkin and build a small eye-catching building with something similar to this:

I can usually get the challenge done in about 30-60 minutes if I log in at reset, join random teams and trick or treat in their camps.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

at level 60ish I am soloing legendary scorchbeasts very easily, especially once they land and I can just empty the gun into their face. that 2 shot/exploding handmade gun is so busted lmao
e: they usually don't even spot me before they die
e: well lol there went all my ammo

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 25, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Flesh Forge posted:

at level 60ish I am soloing legendary scorchbeasts very easily, especially once they land and I can just empty the gun into their face. that 2 shot/exploding handmade gun is so busted lmao
e: they usually don't even spot me before they die
e: well lol there went all my ammo

If you are in the discord, I have a stack of 5.56 I will never use.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

that's generous, thanks

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How many times have I cleared the Corvega plant?

And yet here I am again…

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I looked into what's involved in getting your character/account name to not be a gigantic gibberish string of letters and numbers and, well, that poo poo is loving. RIDICULOUS. lmao

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

I looked into what's involved in getting your character/account name to not be a gigantic gibberish string of letters and numbers and, well, that poo poo is loving. RIDICULOUS. lmao

Isn't this "fixed" by linking your Steam account to your Bethesda account?

Found this, which seems to have worked for some people:

quote:

I had the same issue. So I went to https://bethesda.net/ and created an account with the intent to link my Steam account to it. But it wouldn't let me and just gave me a nondescript error message. The email address I had used for that was *different* than the one for my Steam account and apparently they don't like that.

Here is what worked: Go to https://bethesda.net/ and do click on "Login/Sign Up". Then click on "Help find my account" and enter the exact same email address you use with your Steam account.

It'll send you an email with a link you need to click. You can then choose a username and can set a password. After a few minutes the ingame name will automatically change to the account name you've set on the webpage.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Oct 26, 2021

numitor
Apr 25, 2008

My I please have that fish, sir?
Wait so does you guys own username show up as a string of gibberish or is this something only other people can see?

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

numitor posted:

Wait so does you guys own username show up as a string of gibberish or is this something only other people can see?

As far as I know, the username that's being displayed to yourself and other players is your Beth username so unless you linked your Steam/Gamepass account you have no actual Beth username and the result is gibberish for everyone.

In other words, just another thing that shows the level of competence at Beth Austin.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1453020868335050755

Popcorn machine should be much easier to get now.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

I did not realize the explosive damage perk was under Intelligence in F76, so I moved some poo poo around and now have Demolition 5, and that stupid 2-shot/explosive handmade is even more busted :blastu:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

when u nutted but she keep suckin

combat shotgun :toot:

e: I don't think Furious is really doing anything helpful but it's a funny gun anyway

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 28, 2021

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

when u nutted but she keep suckin

combat shotgun :toot:

e: I don't think Furious is really doing anything helpful but it's a funny gun anyway

It doesn't. Furious explosive is only good if you are hitting ONE enemy. The moment any of the splash damage hits a different target the Furious bonus resets. It's pretty much a Combat Shotgun with explosive rounds.

Basically, Furious on explosive weapons is useless.

Edit: The exception to this are Legacy energy weapons and even then they're on the low end of the "make a fortune" scale.

Sensenmann fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Oct 28, 2021

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

even on single targets I don't think it's that helpful for a shotgun unless it's versus something very big and very close, everything ordinary dies in one headshot anyway so the furious mod isn't really doing anything :shrug:
e: and that's with no perks at all in shotgun

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
That's just how shotguns work in general. Up close and in the face they're as powerful as you'd expect a shotgun to be.

The explosive modifier doesn't really do a lot of work here since explosive damage is calculated in a typical, aka weird, Bethesda way.
In a circle, the middle point being the ground. So the farther the targetted body part is from the ground, the less damage explosives do. For tall mobs like the Behemoth or a Deathclaw, headshots deal very little extra explosive damage.

And yes, I know how stupid this sounds. :)

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Shotguns are for taking out the legs anyway

After that, switch to anything else to finish it off

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Combat shotguns are great for daily ops. I wouldn't use an explosive one for it, maybe a quad anti-armor or something, but really useful for close range poo poo that's constantly charging you while you wait in Uplink.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

I've got a VE15v combat shotgun that does a really good job of keeping me going through most DOs. Unless I get spiked hard I don't go down.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Combat shotguns are great for daily ops. I wouldn't use an explosive one for it, maybe a quad anti-armor or something, but really useful for close range poo poo that's constantly charging you while you wait in Uplink.

Quad AA would rule hard, sadly there is no such thing. :)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wish it did though. I don't know what can cross with what, clearly. I just stumble my way around with whatever legendary has explosive on it, except my quad fixer in .38, that's for mag dumps up close.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wish it did though. I don't know what can cross with what, clearly. I just stumble my way around with whatever legendary has explosive on it, except my quad fixer in .38, that's for mag dumps up close.

Yeah, me too. I have a lot of Fixers, including several god rolls, but I settled for Quad. Quad is extremely powerful at low health, to the point that I can't be bothered with using my B2525 or my AA2525. Sure, the B or AA Fixer do more damage per shot but I like the convenience of just pulling the trigger and dumping 80 or 85 bullets in whatever sits in front of me.

So now I main a Q5015 .38 Fixer for mobbing and a Q2515 .45 for bosses. Might Prime it once the next patch drops and the contextual ammo system is rolled out globally but for now I refuse to waste Flux on it. The yield is too low, even with Ammosmith 2, Ammo Factory 4 and Super Duper.

I like Quad. Currently looking for a QE LMG because I find the idea of an LMG with a 300 rounds mag to be hilarious. :D

As for what goes with what:

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_76_legendary_effects

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Sensenmann posted:

Isn't this "fixed" by linking your Steam account to your Bethesda account?

Found this, which seems to have worked for some people:

working on this some more:
if your steam account is already linked to a bethesda.net account, but you've lost track of the bethesda account (I think this may have happened when I first got Fallout 4, a few years ago now) and I no longer have access to the old email used for that. I gather that if F76 sees that your steam ID is linked to a bethesda account, but it can't link to that account for whatever reason, it creates a one-off generic account just for F76. Right now I have a ticket open and the text of the ticket is warning me that if I unlink from this, my F76 character info will get wiped :ohdear:

hopefully they don't gently caress it up in the process of just fixing my display name

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Flesh Forge posted:

working on this some more:
if your steam account is already linked to a bethesda.net account, but you've lost track of the bethesda account (I think this may have happened when I first got Fallout 4, a few years ago now) and I no longer have access to the old email used for that. I gather that if F76 sees that your steam ID is linked to a bethesda account, but it can't link to that account for whatever reason, it creates a one-off generic account just for F76. Right now I have a ticket open and the text of the ticket is warning me that if I unlink from this, my F76 character info will get wiped :ohdear:

hopefully they don't gently caress it up in the process of just fixing my display name

Good luck with that. :)

But you aren't the first to have problems with this so by now this should be a pretty easy thing for them to fix.

If not, I'm sure we can all throw a ton of stuff your way to get you back into the game. ;)

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Where is the popcorn machine supposed to be when in the camp build menu? Unlocked it an hour ago and I can't find the drat thing.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Where is the popcorn machine supposed to be when in the camp build menu? Unlocked it an hour ago and I can't find the drat thing.

it's not

they hosed up and forgot to add it to the atomic store/menu, so you'll have to wai for beth do do a manual update

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Lol for fucks sake bethesda. Fucks. Sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
They disabled it on the PTS. I'm assuming they simply forgot to reenable it when they pushed the patch to the live servers. Not really surprised here.

At least they upped the Spooky Scorched spawn rates by an insane margin for today and tomorrow. I have so much ammo I might have to start dropping some. lol