Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sorry Dolphins

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1452674175798112259

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Play posted:

is pass yards allowed and receiving yards allowed not exactly the same thing?

Apparently pass yards allowed takes into account sacks, so I guess if you allow 250 yards receiving but sack the QB once for a 6yd loss it would be 244 pass yards.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Tua is playing really well though.

Honestly at this point I think the panthers are the front runner, with a lurking philly always a possibility because they always come out of nowhere.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I can't imagine philly doing it because the sexual monster has already made it known he flat out does not want to play in philly.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Aren't the Dolphins the only team who really have the draft resources to get Watson without hampering their team for years and years? Not that some teams wouldn't still do that I guess

Freaquency posted:

Apparently pass yards allowed takes into account sacks, so I guess if you allow 250 yards receiving but sack the QB once for a 6yd loss it would be 244 pass yards.

Huh. Interesting

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

FizFashizzle posted:

Honestly at this point I think the panthers are the front runner, with a lurking philly always a possibility because they always come out of nowhere.

Philly's in the unique position of being able to give up three 2022 firsts for him, but Watson's already said he doesn't want to play in Philly, the Eagles are not one (1) Watson away from contention, and I cannot imagine Lurie/Roseman being okay with the idea of bringing that sort of PR headache into town when Vick only worked out because of Andy Reid.

In summary, it'll probably happen by Friday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Toaster Beef posted:

I cannot imagine Roseman being okay with the idea of bringing that sort of PR headache into town

Howie personally tried for Deshaun

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsRadio/status/1451179351203065859

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

This just isnt our year. PLEASE do not spend anything to acquire anyone. Just wait till next year. I still say we sell if anything but I dont think watkins will get anything anymore

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

This just isnt our year. PLEASE do not spend anything to acquire anyone. Just wait till next year. I still say we sell if anything but I dont think watkins will get anything anymore

You're 5-2

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

You've fallen for his trap.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Forgot about that, which is funny because it's the same story I learned about Watson not wanting to play in Philly

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

That means nothing. We will likely make the playoffs but have way too many holes and weaknesses to make a serious run.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

That means nothing. We will likely make the playoffs but have way too many holes and weaknesses to make a serious run.

i agree. the ravens suck rear end

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

You could be right. I worry that Grier might make a desperation move to save himself though.

And yeah, Tua is playing very well. Like I said in the AFCE thread, if you told me a year ago this is how he'd be playing in his 12th start I'd be very happy.

Oh well.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Howie and lurie are absolutely dumb enough to think they can get away with the sexual monster PR hit because they've been trying to get him. Also dumb fuckheads that fired pederson for jersey Shore general contracting and wide receivers as head coach.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
As someone who can't stand the Ravens, watching the Bengals beat the poo poo out of them was satisfying

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I also imagine the panthers are trying to stare down Houston if they’re really doing it.

The recent comment from ruhle about Sam’s performance against the Falcons this Sunday is ominous.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

I wish it were true but Carolina seems to be in the third place running and sadly it’s just not supported by the Darlingtons and Glazers* they’ll get him

*who have good track records in this things

Fire Grier and Flores don’t trade for Watson

Nov 6, 2002

Has there been any report that Watson is willing to go to the Panthers?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Has there been any report that Watson is willing to go to the Panthers?

People seem to think it’s close enough to home for him to put them in the running

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

The recent comment from ruhle about Sam’s performance against the Falcons this Sunday is ominous.

Whew having watched none of it I knew things were bad but I did not know they were this bad.

https://twitter.com/FourVerts/status/1452669862606741511

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Yeah man hang it up, no team as bad as 5-2 has ever contended for a SB.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Eagles were the worst #1 seed to win a superbwol they were underdogs in every playoff game. Mistakes into miracles.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

no one is more hurted than this team, the Ravens. sounds like something that might be scripted to happen.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Toaster Beef posted:

Forgot about that, which is funny because it's the same story I learned about Watson not wanting to play in Philly

With his reputation I wouldn't want to play in Philly either. Might set a decibel record for poo poo talk if he has a bad game.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Forrest on Fire posted:

I think our best bet is to just finish out the season as we are, go into the playoffs with low expectations, and hope we can not get so unlucky with injuries next year.

Also Lamar Jackson is really awful passing from the pocket when there is any pressure on him. That must be fixed. But the line having injuries to every player on it doesnt help

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kawalimus posted:

I'm on Kawalimus' side here, they're gonna get steamrolled by Derrick Henry (again) or Ja'Marr Chase (again)

I think it's between Bills, Titans, and Bengals for the AFC atm but all three have baffling losses (Steelers, Jets???, Bears).

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Forrest on Fire posted:

I hear you but they're not incredibly far from having a starting offensive line that wasn't with the team in week 1.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Bellmaker posted:

I'm on Kawalimus' side here, they're gonna get steamrolled by Derrick Henry (again) or Ja'Marr Chase (again)

I think it's between Bills, Titans, and Bengals for the AFC atm but all three have baffling losses (Steelers, Jets???, Bears).
The Bills have a loving ridiculously soft remaining schedule. The only team left with a winning record(ATM) is the Bucs, a game which the Bills are fated to lose in heartbreaking or embarrassing fashion(possibly both!).
Of course, they've managed to gently caress themselves on tiebreakers vis-a-vis the Titans, and they have thus had ludicrously good injury luck for 1 1/3 seasons straight. Like, if Tre White were get hurt, our lackluster corner depth would be on display.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1452692177755119616?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

I still don’t understand how the Pats won by 45 at the Chargers last season.

Nov 6, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Their coach was an idiot on gameday.

Now imagine they gave that guy another year.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

FizFashizzle posted:

I also imagine the panthers are trying to stare down Houston if they’re really doing it.

Just roll with PJ Walker for the rest of the year. Dude owns.

Wasn't able to show much coming in in relief but I do think he can do better things for them than Sam if he gets a couple starts. He's also more fun to watch by a factor of 10 at least

I feel like Stafford is helping to make the Rams O line look better than they are. Because they shouldn't be that great at all. Their best player is 39 years old ffs. But Stafford has been excellent moving in the pocket this year, dude looks like he has eyes in the back/side of his head with the perfect little movement he makes in the pocket to give the line the best chance to hold up in their blocks.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Bellmaker posted:

We've been real good against Henry the last two times. Even in that regular season game where we had all those injuries for 3 quarters we stifled him.

The Ravens have to figure out whats going on with the defense. On paper they shouldnt be this bad. Sometimes they play really well but then in most games they are melting down and seem lost.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

the Ravens were one hall of fame FG away from losing to the Lions

they are fun but they’re not gonna dominate the season

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

Also Lamar Jackson is really awful passing from the pocket when there is any pressure on him. That must be fixed. But the line having injuries to every player on it doesnt help

That's just silly.

https://youtu.be/Ub6sTtMdapg

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

One play against a historically bad defense isnt convincing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Belichick vs Rookie QBs is a hell of a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Based on passer rating under pressure and completion percentage above expected Lamar Jackson was the 4th best QB under pressure in 2019. 3rd best in 2020.

He was for sure feeling the constant pressure he got from the Bengals but so would basically anyone without a run game or effective quick passing game to make the pass rush pay.