Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Gonna try and get my booster next week. Make myself powerful, unstoppable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’ll get the booster as soon as I don’t have to lie to get it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Manoueverable posted:

Got back from deer hunting in the pouring rain to find out 3 of my friends caught covid over the last week, after finding out the morning I left that my uncle caught it too. Real downer ending to a decent trip, I got like 15 lbs of venison and won $60 playing hold 'em out there.

Yesterday I removed a dead deer from the road.

I was driving from the CVS where I got my third Phizer shot to the coin operated car wash. I saw the oncoming traffic swerve into my lane and then saw the deer they were avoiding. I pulled off into a driveway, got on my hi vis vest and gloves because I'm the guy who has that, and then, when traffic was clear, I grabbed the deer's legs and flipped it over onto the grass. It was a spike with a really floppy neck so I think it was a young buck that tried to flex on a Buick going 35mph and lost.

Then I left and washed my car.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

General Dog posted:

This is kinda where I'm at but I'm not even certain of my own stance on it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when MLB moved the All Star Game out of Atlanta due to its voter suppression laws? Well of course irony sucks and the World Series matchup this year is between Atlanta and a team in Texas which was where the other most high profile voter suppression laws were passed. Great

This is true but if you have such a problem with it why the hell were you begging the Red Sox to lose to the Astros in the MLB threads?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
You never need a good reason to root against the Red Sox or Yankees

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I lied to get my first vaccine shot because there were surplus vaccines in my state, I don't feel bad to say that I'm immumocompromised to do it again.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

General Dog posted:

Are you slightly overweight or more? Our doc told us that it qualified as a condition for 18-65 but at this point I figure they’re happy just to give the shots to those who want them. When we went to CVS they just gave us coupons for $5 and the shots with no questions asked. We were six months out from our second shots so it double qualified.

swickles posted:

Should be sometime next week.

Man I hope so.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
If your company doesn't have a vaccine mandate, you are working in a high risk workplace and therefore eligible.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I want to get a booster, but I figure I'll wait until closer to Thanksgiving, since I pretty much don't need to leave my house until then

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

My wife was asked for zero proof or reason for getting a booster, although the initial vaccination in December of last year is kind of a tell.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm gonna try to get my third booster before I fly out to Colorado for the training for the new gig.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I lied to get my first shot because gently caress prioritizing teachers and reopening schools when I’ve had legally mandated in person community contact with vulnerable populations every dang day of this stupid pandemic. Nothing against teachers, but they weren’t back in class yet and just because my state doesn’t give a poo poo about supposedly essential workers health doesn’t mean I won’t gladly make an admittedly self-serving decision in the name of public health. Booster shot coming tomorrow!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

swickles posted:

If your company doesn't have a vaccine mandate, you are working in a high risk workplace and therefore eligible.

My company is trying to navigate the Texas ban on vaccine mandates but are currently moving forward with the plan to mandate it companywide

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

Our pediatrician said antigen false positives are are super rare in symptomatic patients because we had the same hope as well. Our PCR was also positive.

But I definitely hope your luck is different and I’m glad symptoms have mostly resolved!

No Rona!

And thus ends a more stressful 3 days than I would have liked.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Qwijib0 posted:

No Rona!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Qwijib0 posted:

No Rona!

hell yes, glad to hear

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Qwijib0 posted:

No Rona!

gently caress yes!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Qwijib0 posted:

No Rona!

Very nice. I had two insanely stressful days in Egypt as I was thinking... oh poo poo if this is covid I need to figure out how to quarantine at a hotel for 2 weeks here.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Watched Dune last night despite knowing literally nothing about the series, and... pretty good! The only thing I would have liked to have known was a bit more about the houses and whatnot beforehand, but I paused quickly, did a quick "What you should know before watching Dune" search and got caught up. Once I had that, the story was a lot easier to follow.

Qwijib0 posted:

No Rona!

:unsmith:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
GUYS!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I just discovered proof that everybody in this thread is a loving amateur and we really need to step up our game.

This was apparently printed on an Elegoo Mars 2 according to the person that posted the video.

https://i.imgur.com/o5TlUJH.mp4

EDIT: There's a god drat circular saw at the bottom of the frame, too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

No Rona!

:woop:

Less of a problem by far than you were worried about but for a kinda funny thing...I just had a somewhat excruciating phone convo with my mom about getting her booster shot (she's all for it) but she couldn't find her vaccination card. She was looking all over the place while talking to me for 40 minutes.

I was halfway through figuring out this state's byzantine system for getting something re-issued (you can't, but you can get the information emailed, mailed, or faxed to you (yay fax users in 2021)) when she apparently found it in the first place she'd looked.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The first thing I did with mine was take a photo of it on my phone.

Not good enough to get through customs, but should be fine for anything in the states I'd think?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Not good enough to get through customs, but should be fine for anything in the states I'd think?

That’s one good thing Louisiana is ahead of, there’s a LA Wallet app that shows your driver’s license AND it has your Covid vaccination status. Carnival accepted it as our Covid vaccination proof on last week’s cruise.

I still took a photo too just in case.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

I got my ~vaccine passport~ through the Clear app (the same company that hassles you for an easy way to get through airport security), and while it was annoying to set up, every place accepts it. I don't have to worry about carrying my card around with me anymore. In fact, it's the only way they'll allow you in to watch Kraken games.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Silly Burrito posted:

Just got our Covid boosters, triple Pfizer Pfriends now.

Now if our 10 year old would just be approved.

Why haven't you gotten your 12 year old their pfizers?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Qwijib0 posted:

No Rona!

Yes!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

swickles posted:

My hospital doesn't mandate it and they only do weekly testing on the antivaxxer staff because the governor made an executive order requiring health care workers vaxx or weekly test.

Unrelated, I'm looking forward to being among the fake 12s in seattle at a new job!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Asproigerosis posted:

Why haven't you gotten your 12 year old their pfizers?

Not sure if they’re giving boosters for that age but they haven’t hit six months just yet. Trust me, we will when we can.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

:hai: Team Blue, baby.

e: I was going to say the driver is rotated 90 degrees from how it sits in the case, but that's for the drill/driver combo case.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

LeeMajors posted:

Our pediatrician said antigen false positives are are super rare in symptomatic patients because we had the same hope as well. Our PCR was also positive.

But I definitely hope your luck is different and I’m glad symptoms have mostly resolved!

I think the antigen tests are nonspecific for ANY coronavirus so a common corona cold would make it positive, a PCR doesn't have this issue. I think that's what I remember from reading the package insert after I was freaking out after a shift at work when I found out one of the mri's I did the night before (we have them take off the masks because of the twist tie in the nose) lost her taste/smell overnight and tested positive. I only had a surgical mask on. I can only assume I got lucky.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the well wishes y'all, now I'm back to counting the days till the 6mo-5yr vaccines come out.

Got my own booster today so I am less likely to be the Typhoid Mary in my house.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Silly Burrito posted:

Not sure if they’re giving boosters for that age but they haven’t hit six months just yet. Trust me, we will when we can.

Have you considered hiring a local youth and buying a large trenchcoat?

I personally wouldn't expect small child approvals for awhile since covid is over now, there is less pressure to protect kids now that they are all in school superspreading, and the serious side effects seem to be proportional to younger age so lots of handwringing in that aspect.

You just gotta live your life, you can't be in fear of having brunch. I mean children get infected with viruses that attack the nervous system with permenant damage all the time, and who hasn't had myocarditis as a youth potentially resulting in scarring/cardiomyopathy in 20 years? Nobody lives forever!

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 25, 2021

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Asproigerosis posted:

Have you considered hiring a local youth and buying a large trenchcoat?

You won’t entrap me, Chris Hansen.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

You won’t entrap me, Chris Hansen.

This reminds me there is a Chris Hansen "People I've Caught" podcast Spotify keeps foisting on me (even though I've never listened to a podcast in Spotify). What...I don't even...who is that for??

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I thought towards the end they were pretty much doing an fbi, psychologically manipulating vulnerable guys and pushing them into pedophilia?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This reminds me there is a Chris Hansen "People I've Caught" podcast Spotify keeps foisting on me (even though I've never listened to a podcast in Spotify). What...I don't even...who is that for??

Oh man do the episode synopsis for that suck rear end.

Keith Williams is one of the odder predators Chris has caught. At first he said he wasn't going to give an interview. The blames his being there on boredom. “Can we skip all of this so I can get in trouble?” To which Chris replies, “why don’t you find a hobby?” You're going to love this episode.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

People who want to listen a podcast by Chris Hansen that discusses episodes of "To Catch a Predator" I would assume. I get it, it's a True Crime podcast where no one actually gets hurt.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

also I come with a perfect picture

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1452718740408254470

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You can tell from the lack of facial hair most of them are Jets fans.