Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
This is obscene.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FrailAwkwardLemurBIRB-gZarQpfhQhyUYqsL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I'm firing off a level 20 discharge with a full 12 charges, twice a second (Endless Misery Jewel), and it is 6-linked for about 140% More damage. I have about 100% Increased elemental damage.

Damage is completely embarrassing on T1 maps, like it one-shots normal enemies but rares take 5-10 discharges depending on their resistance. Is crit or ignite the only way to scale this gem?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

MMF Freeway posted:

On top of the general currency shortage, the tainted fusing strat has cratered the jeweler/fusing market which is my usual source of income early on :negative:

Too bad about the rewards because the actual league mechanic is fun as hell.

It's the smoothest mechanic they've had since delirium or maybe even the smoothest. I also have issues with the rewards from doing it, but I think it has a lot of potential just in how well it integrates with mapping.

I have a theory that will make people mad and call me names but I think it might be right. DO NOT read this if you are going to get mad and call me names!!!!
Tencent is pushing them to have premium currency and making the game harder before POE 2 is a step towards creating a grind you'd want to smooth out by spending a few dollars, and having delirium amounts of rewards isn't coming back to league mechanics

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If people wanted a rewarding mechanic they should have played expedition lol

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

I'm firing off a level 20 discharge with a full 12 charges, twice a second (Endless Misery Jewel), and it is 6-linked for about 140% More damage. I have about 100% Increased elemental damage.

Damage is completely embarrassing on T1 maps, like it one-shots normal enemies but rares take 5-10 discharges depending on their resistance. Is crit or ignite the only way to scale this gem?
i mean i don't know what your build is. are you using EO? are you using curses, exposure and other ways to pierce resistances?

if you're using multiple different types of charges then you're probably going to encounter issues dealing damage because you don't have a way to get all of the damage past resistances. that's why ignite is common since then you can focus purely on negating fire resistances.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Spoiler, it's a dude picking up a Mageblood in a very low-key manner, not showing it off or anything

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Salt Fish posted:

I have a theory that will make people mad and call me names but I think it might be right. DO NOT read this if you are going to get mad and call me names!!!!
Tencent is pushing them to have premium currency and making the game harder before POE 2 is a step towards creating a grind you'd want to smooth out by spending a few dollars, and having delirium amounts of rewards isn't coming back to league mechanics
I dunno - that seems like something that would be against the new CCP guidelines on videogames that apparently included direct communications with Tencent that profit should not be their solitary goal and to reduce game design elements that induce addictive behaviours.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Oh also don't be afraid to plug-in negative modifiers to the trade website:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

streamer only client

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Salt Fish posted:

It's the smoothest mechanic they've had since delirium or maybe even the smoothest. I also have issues with the rewards from doing it, but I think it has a lot of potential just in how well it integrates with mapping.

How much does your rig cost that you describe delirium as smooth.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

docbeard posted:

And I'm kind of getting tired of the word 'krangle'.

:goofy:

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Zenithe posted:

How much does your rig cost that you describe delirium as smooth.

Enough that it's called a "rig"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
debating if i should stick with arc since it's ez or move to ball lightning where i actually kinda gotta aim :negative:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Salt Fish posted:

They outlawed that type of stuff in China recently bro. This is why it never made sense that they insisted for so long on unstacked currency etc, because China has health and safety regs, so they already had that type of stuff coded for the Chinese client. If Tencent had more influenced over GGG, they'd likely just want one client.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
For someone who's supposed to know so much about safety and regulations you somehow missed the disclaimer on that very post. IMO calls your expertise into question.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Did they like nerf the rewards to scourge just before release or something?

poo poo feels weird with how nothing drops

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Testing usually consists of them playing through merveil imo.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

External Organs posted:

Testing usually consists of them playing through merveil imo.

Someone on Reddit pointed out the other day how Merveil feels like she takes longer than Kitava if you take out the invuln phases and drat. It might be right.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

boredsatellite posted:

Did they like nerf the rewards to scourge just before release or something?

poo poo feels weird with how nothing drops

It definitely feels that way. Alpha testers must have got some insane items so they cratered the entire thing in the week before launch, or else players would have got too attached to their super powerful krangled items, and taking them away next patch would have been another harvest situation.

I can’t imagine it went through testing in this state and anyone was happy with it. Just the concept of littering the floor with krangled items that aren’t being rolled using loot 2.0 is such an insanely bad idea, especially tied to a patch that was cleaning up a lot of the mess that existed in the game. We have now had hundreds of thousands of players play the league, and almost every screenshot is showcasing how laughably bad the rolls are.

I am also not really sure how to buff the mechanic as it can very easily slip into the realm of being too good, and GGG don’t want to deal with taking things away from players at this time.

I am guessing we will see some “buffs”, where they adjust the weighting’s of the very beneficial mods, and maybe reduce the damage on scourge mobs, but it ends up being completely inconsequential, and GGG don’t mind eating the loss on this league not going core, as they were able to get the rewind tech out of it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

I like having a button I can press to turn the game into the Doom cover art every few moments

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I just want more currency drops
Its pitiful compared to previous leagues

Im hoarding gear to do chaos recipes cause of it

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
Rog strikes again

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The league gimmick, now that I've gotten further into maps, feels kind of like Heist when you don't recognize which unique bases make for valuable drops: increasingly rippy risks in order to gamble for something you'll probably throw in a 1c tab and forget about.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

So you are telling me we are in for like 4, 5 patches to make this league feel better

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Rog strikes again

Nvm, the above chest is for babies.

With 13 fusing left...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boredsatellite posted:

So you are telling me we are in for like 4, 5 patches to make this league feel better

I'd like them to make my maps fully load again. I keep getting stutter when I shift to Krangletown. And occasionally my skills unload and it stutters for a few casts. Why is the loving game unloading skills I have equipped? Who is that helping?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Finally got to play some tonight. Ended up going poisonous concoction. Keep in mind I've only just started act three, but initial thoughts:

- krangletown is cool and fun, but not worth the time. I think if kept your place in the map it wouldn't feel like losing progress, and be worth it

- I really only feel compelled to do it because it had skill points and I'll be behind later

- I thought you could krangle things multiple times? Does that come later, or did I miss something? I never see the item's krangle power bar once it's krangled the first time, so I assume it was wasted

- it's so baked into every level, that I'm not sure how they would make it go core. Unless maybe certain maps enable your krangler?

- off screen attacks still suck.

- they still really need to make it so the initial attacks are staggered

- The question is not if they are going to nerf poisonous concoction, it's if they are going to do it this week or at the end of the league. It's insanely strong with no gear.

I'm interested in playing more and seeing how it goes. I really want to try the end game again this league

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

xZAOx posted:

- I thought you could krangle things multiple times? Does that come later, or did I miss something? I never see the item's krangle power bar once it's krangled the first time, so I assume it was wasted

- The question is not if they are going to nerf poisonous concoction, it's if they are going to do it this week or at the end of the league. It's insanely strong with no gear.

Later. Items can be Scourged up to 3 times, maps up to 10 times.

I can't remember the last time GGG nerfed a skill mid-league simply because it was too powerful and not because of some weird glitch/oversight causing unintended consequences. The "we need to make these numbers smaller" tweaks happen between leagues.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

They nerfed herald clusters during delirium cause well it was super busted but thats about it

Granstein
May 22, 2006

Accuse children card game celebrities of adultery and I will not shut the fuck up about it. LSV did not cheat on his wife. He found love in another woman's vagina like Garfield intended.

boredsatellite posted:

IMO it's going to feel like poo poo no matter what they do. Turning it on, walking ten feet, getting ported back, walking the same ten feet, turning it back on, over and over and over is just tiresome.

It's almost like they took the best part of delirium, a fuckton of extra mobs covering the entire map, and decided to do that again except worse in every possible way. And with super lovely rewards on top of it. Even the bosses suck, they're just big bags of HP that don't do anything before dropping you a double corrupted briskwrap with added fire damage and deal no fire damage stacked on top of each other.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Why are you walking in krangletown, warp there and stand in place slaughtering all the mobs running towards you then when it becomes a trickle warp back.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

euphronius posted:

If people wanted a rewarding mechanic they should have played expedition lol

I did and it owned. Logbooks and heist are the go to for currency I guess, as usual

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Kitfox88 posted:

Why are you walking in krangletown, warp there and stand in place slaughtering all the mobs running towards you then when it becomes a trickle warp back.

this is the way

also just wait until maps, krangle white bases with proper colors/links to gear yourself on the way, but otherwise zippy zip

once you're at maps the demon realm is just a screen full of monsters at a time to smash and then return

(krangling still sucks assballs and lol@the scourged map progress rate)

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they need to cull probably more than half of the mod pool, both negative and positive. a bunch of them are useless, dead weight like flat life regen, reflect etc, and others are insanely negative like -2 gems. and on top of that it corrupts the base without giving it a vaal implicit or white sockets or w.e. as possible compensation.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sirus is completely trivial with capped Spell Suppression. My hand got offset by one, and instead of flame dashing out of Die Beam, I ate every last hit and my HP moved exactly none.

Spell Suppression probably should get cratered.

Canine Blues Arooo fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 26, 2021

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
How well does poison concoction scale into endgame with single target? I got to maps with a trapper then for some reason decided to roll pconc pathfinder, at act 9 and it's ripping through the campaign. But once you've got the highest recovery flask possible, that's pretty much your BIS weapon already done. Not quite sure how to build defense on it either. Obviously get max spell suppression and as much evasion as possible, but what else? One build I'm looking at went with 50/50 block, that might be good, but also need some kind of recovery, maybe life on hit?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

they need to cull probably more than half of the mod pool, both negative and positive. a bunch of them are useless, dead weight like flat life regen, reflect etc, and others are insanely negative like -2 gems. and on top of that it corrupts the base without giving it a vaal implicit or white sockets or w.e. as possible compensation.

Negative to global defenses has to go

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Kitfox88 posted:

Started doing this last night unless I had a good ED chain going, this is the way to do it. Pop defensive flasks, pop in, slaughter what's there and pop back. Less wasted time and more trips to krangletown.

Still feeling a bit squishy with 4.5k ehp and not enough evasion but fixed my flasks by adding three defensive and that helped a lot.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

How well does poison concoction scale into endgame with single target? I got to maps with a trapper then for some reason decided to roll pconc pathfinder, at act 9 and it's ripping through the campaign. But once you've got the highest recovery flask possible, that's pretty much your BIS weapon already done. Not quite sure how to build defense on it either. Obviously get max spell suppression and as much evasion as possible, but what else? One build I'm looking at went with 50/50 block, that might be good, but also need some kind of recovery, maybe life on hit?

I'm only in yellows so grain of salt, but I think its going to scale up just fine. The BIS flask is def easy to make, so besides that and a 6 link the biggest damage boost is going to be a +2 amulet I think. Concoction gets a nice breakpoint at level 22. I have evasion + spell suppression and then also ghost dance for a little extra mitigation. I took the claw mastery that gives a little life and mana on hit but most of my sustain just comes from using the big life flask, which doesn't run dry even if you use it occasionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
poo poo, I didn't know items retained scourge juice even when you pull them out mid way, so you can put a white map in and craft it once it's done.

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

Nugiyen is running a poison conc pathfinder, I think he has an updated pob on his youtube channel.