Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

seiferguy posted:

Caldwell's winning % is .542. That's better than so many guys out there now and the current retreads. Someone hire the guy.

Caldwell walked away from Miami what a year or 2 ago on personal reasons. He should be in consideration if he's up for it but who knows if he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Caldwell was fired way too early and his principle crime was that he was boring.

Lovie was fired for a merely-10-win year and the Bears have gotten at least that much wins (or more) once in the 8 years since

Caldwell was fired for only getting 9 wins one season. The Lions have yet to have even seven wins in a year since, and have no wins in seven games this year making them on pace to keep the streak alive

In Fisher's last few years in Tennessee he had multiple seasons with at least ten wins. It took a decade for the Titans to get one of those after him. McVay's Rams did better than his Rams though, congrats to Aaron Donald

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Lovie Smith

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Dan Quinn and Vance Joseph. Jesus Christ. Why not trot pat shurmur back out for another round.

Eh sometimes the second time around is better for coaches

But yeah I wouldn’t want em

Edit: kinda surprised there isn’t some buzz around giving Bowles another shot

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

wyoak posted:

Edit: kinda surprised there isn’t some buzz around giving Bowles another shot

There definitely have been a lot of tweets about bowles

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

I mean Leslie Frazier is right there coaching the defense of a super bowl caliber team.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

no no no           no no             no no no    
no no no no     no no         no no no no no  
no no no no     no no     no no no   no no no
no no no   no   no no     no no               no no
no no   no   no no no     no no               no no
no no     no no no no     no no no   no no no
no no           no no no         no no no no no  
no no           no no no             no no no      

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Paint Crop Pro posted:

I mean Leslie Frazier is right there coaching the defense of a super bowl caliber team.

The Texans should have groveled like a dog for him and instead hired Culley. Then he coached the defense to a shutout over them.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Fisher's beyond cooked, do not hire Fisher.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Who the gently caress would hire Dan Quinn?

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Good thing is the Lions coordinators, who are pretty good at their jobs, should not be hired away this year due to the Lions records.

Aubrey Pleasant should be an HC in like two years though.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Just jumpin in here to say Fire the gently caress out of Pete Carroll if Wilson wants him gone.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Schwack posted:

Just jumpin in here to say Fire the gently caress out of Pete Carroll if Wilson wants him gone.

We at the Jets will take him back.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

Don’t wish this on yourself man.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

mcmagic posted:

If you watched that third quarter and thought, "Boy, I wish my football would run the ball 8 times in a row at 2 yards a carry," you might be beyond saving. Carroll has boomer brain and should retire.

https://twitter.com/SeahawkBanners/status/1452802696403030016?s=20

LET ME THROW FISH AT HIM

Schwack fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 26, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Schwack posted:

They'll never fire him

He'll just, y'know, be offered a fantastic promotion

I did enjoy this troll, though

https://twitter.com/HDr0bot/status/1452842274862239744

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Sean Payton has won 66% of his games without Drew Brees. Guess he’s not a fraud like those other fellows.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sean Payton has won 66% of his games without Drew Brees. Guess he’s not a fraud like those other fellows.

Of course not, Drew Brees is the fraud

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

That's even higher when you throw in games where he was out for injury. 2-1 last year, 5-0 in 2019.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

really queer Christmas posted:

That's even higher when you throw in games where he was out for injury. 2-1 last year, 5-0 in 2019.

I was including those, plus a few earlier ones where Brees was either injured or they were resting starters.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Schwack posted:

If you watched that third quarter and thought, "Boy, I wish my football would run the ball 8 times in a row at 2 yards a carry," you might be beyond saving. Carroll has boomer brain and should retire.

https://twitter.com/SeahawkBanners/status/1452802696403030016?s=20

LET ME THROW FISH AT HIM

Did you watch the last Jets game?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Did you watch the last Jets game?

I'm not a masochist and I don't have a TBI, so no.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

DeimosRising posted:

How could you possibly know if a coach was fired too early

What would you even base that on?

I just think this is a totally fruitless way to think about coaching, and in general I think the way we talk about coaches and drafts is super results focused even though we know the results are significantly if not mostly random.

Well when you play stupid power struggle games with your super bowl winning coach and fire him and win your stupid prize of nick sirrachi it is a valid thought exercise.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Bisaccia forever

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

mcmagic posted:

You'll get Dan Quinn and you'll like it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

You'll get Dan Quinn and you'll like it.

He's basically Saleh. No thanks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/AAGlory_/status/1452862211228012544?t=TpKVYSNQdcd1c1gdAI2dyg&s=19

The tone of a guy who is definitely sure he's keeping his job

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The strangest revenge for the 7-9 playoff win

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How have I never noticed just how long Pete Carroll's face is. He looks like a caricature of himself.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Russell Wilson has been making Pete Carrol look good for years but Geno Smith looked like loving trash out there last night. He's a bad QB.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I cannot possibly fathom how any team thought geno smith was nfl caliber. Anyone who saw the Texas Tech game that season knew he was toast and no good. It was absolutely hilarious when the jets took him with a loving second. And teams keep signing him.

And I'm a wvu fan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Geno's career had the most appropriate ending when he got KO'd by his own teammate, in front of numerous other teammates, who openly didn't give a poo poo their starting QB had just had his jaw broken right in front of them

I understand why he kept trying for a second chance to have literally any other end to his story. I don't understand why multiple other teams since have tried to do that for him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Starting him once literally was the last straw to get McAdoo and Jerry Reese fired

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So if Wilson is the reason Pete Carol was any good maybe he should come to Chicago where we have a hot young quarterback and also a culture that loves running 100 times a game.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Dabo Swinney come on down!!!!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jeff Fisher would be fine as a head coach if he would just hire a good offensive coordinator.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Asproigerosis posted:

Well when you play stupid power struggle games with your super bowl winning coach and fire him and win your stupid prize of nick sirrachi it is a valid thought exercise.

As a Niners fan I can sympathize only too well

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fuk u we keep Hackett

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hot Diggity! posted:

Fuk u we keep Hackett
What a world we live in. Just a few years ago he got fired by Marrone Old Man Coughlin because the offense regressed when losing 3/5 of the OL and the defense couldnt consistently give them a short field every other drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/MikeDugar/status/1453025032121192450?t=lmrf1h0cn5SvxC3rDpqxog&s=19

Pete's brain isn't so good anymore!

(Actually he's always been like this, he's just had more talent in the past to hide these bad decisions)