Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Since I never finished the original I started a new game on Radiant and wow the game is way easier on easy, who would have thought?

Edit: Does the EA start at midnight Eastern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The game looks amazing and I can't wait to pick it up tomorrow. Bickering and dying all the way back to the old road.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

What time does this release? Can I pick this up at 12am whatever time zone?

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 25, 2021

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Watching streams and love what I am seeing. Only minor complaint is that the old corpses were better looking (tho poor, sad hound will not be missed.)

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
That part in the trailer where it just goes rapid-fire boss attacks has insinuated itself into my dreams.

God drat does this ever look great, I mean, I can't even. Most iconic game style of the 2000s.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
"Baertaffy had his Plague Doctor be a bi-poly harem protagonist who was amorous with all 3 other heroes, was hilarious to watch."

Fuckin LOL

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Panfilo posted:

Holy poo poo Antiquarian is an enemy now?!

She's a very naughty girl.

Nthing that the game looks *fantastic*, vastly exceeding expectations. The *scraaaape* of the forest soldier enemies dragging their swords on the ground is so good.

Also I'm a huge sucker for battle couples so watching a Grave Robber and Highwayman become Inseperable was amazing.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

Who's everyone's recommendation for streamer? Baer? I clicked a couple of randos and didn't dig their styles

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

The game looks great. It sounds great too. Wayne June killed it again. I might wait for an update or two but it’s going to be hard not to buy in early access. For streamers I like ChristopherOdd on YouTube.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Panfilo posted:

"Baertaffy had his Plague Doctor be a bi-poly harem protagonist who was amorous with all 3 other heroes, was hilarious to watch."

Fuckin LOL

That was fuckin hilarious

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
It is now the 26th Eastern Standard Time and the game isn't out yet.

I know, I know, but I wanted to try the game a bit before going to sleep.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://countingdownto.com/?c=3887271

countdown from the red hook discord

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
so apparently you can slap a griddle on your carriage that lets you make health-restoring flapjacks for your heroes, in this game about cosmic horror

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Game goes live at 9am PT cuz the studio is based out of Vancouver.

Since I am remote from Austin, working on this game had the rad benefit of me being able to roll out of bed at 11am and be responsibly punctual.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

How much of the game is ready for early access, do we know?

e/ VVV Cheers!

Ratios and Tendency fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 26, 2021

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Red Hook Studios posted:

How much content will be in the EA version of the game (compared to the hoped 1.0 release) ?

This is tough to predict, but we like the rule of thumb that we need about 60% of the content (heroes, monsters, environments) to make a solid Early Access launch. This is about what we did with DD1.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Crasical posted:

so apparently you can slap a griddle on your carriage that lets you make health-restoring flapjacks for your heroes, in this game about cosmic horror

The road is hellish enough. Would you deny them food, as well?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Crasical posted:

Do not ask what the flapjacks are made of.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Crasical posted:

Now I'm imagining one of those Hostess fruit pie comics that Marvel used to make, except with flapjacks and Yog-Sothoth.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
:allears:

I will not clarify.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Just at a cursory glance, Plague Doctor seems really strong now. Vestal had mediocre offense, but PD is still the queen of DoT while throwing out heals that also cure Bleed/Blight. And she apparently also has a party-wide stress heal that I haven't seen yet.

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

Crasical posted:

Everyone loves flapjacks.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Mystery meat in a truest sense

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

God, I wish we get to keep the Musketeer despite I didn`t liked like the base class too much.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Is bounty hunter out? Easily my favorite due to being so versatile, and mark combos was great against tanky targets.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm very annoyed with runs unlocking content. Let me have a Hellion from the start, damnit. Besides that, everything looks great.

Streamers seem incapable of holding their party together, so far.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Noir89 posted:

Is bounty hunter out? Easily my favorite due to being so versatile, and mark combos was great against tanky targets.

BH was one of my faves, Mark, Stun, Pull (this hosed up so many back liner reliant mob groups), Stun + Pushback and a wildcard ranged bleed. Dayum, son. Leave some of the owning to the other nerds.

I`m a wimp that needs his comfy CC / perma stunlock blankie so never tried Mark builds (always played hardest so not much time to fiddle around anyway) much. A Houndmaster + BH core always performed solid for me in majority of the runs (dunno if they were meta or not, hardly cared during my self torture sessions that usually ended up with game over anyway).

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Noir89 posted:

Yeah. Dropped classes are

Crusader
Vestal
Bounty Hunter
Antiquarian
Abomination
Arbalest
Musketeer
Houndmaster
Flaggellant
Shieldbreaker

The rest are returning and we have one new one called the Runaway who has a bunch of fire relayed skills.

Zore fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Oct 26, 2021

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

One thing I want is maybe one more reliable healer, I know it`s a slippery slope of having too many reliable healers so the sense of danger just fades away but I hate the RNG heal of Occultist so goddamn much.

Al-Hazred Heals you for 0 damage, CRITICAL HIT, you`re bleeding now :argh:

Edit: Lmao Vestal is out? Welp, time to die so many times.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Keep in mind that we're still only in EA and they're almost definitely going to add more classes in the future. Personally I'd like to see more new classes than returnees, though

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

i`m okay with some classes merging or new ones replacing but also not want that OG X-Com: UFO and TFD style "sending nameless rookies into a meatgrinder and become attached to the ones who survive" vibe to be gone.

I think Red Hook knows about their franchise really well (which is something that cannot be said for many, many IP holders about their own goddamn games) and will pull something really good.

I was craving for some vidya game action as I haven`t played anything in months due to work and heavy flu. Might have another run soon.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Galewolf posted:

One thing I want is maybe one more reliable healer, I know it`s a slippery slope of having too many reliable healers so the sense of danger just fades away but I hate the RNG heal of Occultist so goddamn much.

The Runaway has a skill called Cautherize, that heals you when you have a Bleeding condition. Combine her with the Occultist for some hilarious amounts of healing.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Sylphosaurus posted:

The Runaway has a skill called Cautherize, that heals you when you have a Bleeding condition. Combine her with the Occultist for some hilarious amounts of healing.

Pouring a 40 for my homie Reynaud but also would like to have another class with a greatsword. The new one looks like a punchman from the trailer c/d?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Galewolf posted:

My guess is that healing will be more widely distributed among different classes. If you've played any modded heroes in DD1, you'll observe there's plenty of offense oriented heroes that will get a one off heal as a skill (can only be used once per battle making them a 'panic button' and crowding out other more versatile skills in your skill bar).

Occultist heal really wasn't that bad. At rank 6 only a handful of heroes had bad enough bleed resist to proc the bleed effect, and it was a rare heal that was on a very fast hero that could use it in any position. In contrast the Vestal was slow and SOL if stuck in rank 1.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can get them wanting to change healing but the Acolyte was a favorite of mine aesthetically and I hope they can point to something besides "healing wasn't in a good place mechanically" for dropping her and the Crusader.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Galewolf posted:

Pouring a 40 for my homie Reynaud but also would like to have another class with a greatsword. The new one looks like a punchman from the trailer c/d?
The Runaway is an arsonist with the kind of fire abilities that you´d expect from that kind of background and she uses a red hot firepoker to hit enemies.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

only class I care about returning is Bounty Hunter, who had a fantastic design and a lot of unique tools/skills that could still be applied later on.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I can get them wanting to change healing but the Acolyte was a favorite of mine aesthetically and I hope they can point to something besides "healing wasn't in a good place mechanically" for dropping her and the Crusader.

she was pretty much a healbot who occasionally did stuns so it's not too surprising she was first on the chopping block alongside Crusader, who was similarly a pretty barebones if reliable tank. I get why they chose MaA and Leper over Crusader aesthetically and in terms of thematic toolsets.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 26, 2021

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Miss my horny battle nun

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Leper looks like a hoss now. Crits for 40+, good tanking abilities, and the removal of accuracy means the most infuriating aspect of his kit is gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I only really miss the Houndmaster and Abomination because I loved their aesthetic