Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

sticklefifer posted:

The tweet is even dumber because the whole game in that show is run by white English-speaking billionaires.

19th century Battle Royales were the most progressive promotion as they all featured entirely black rosters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/kctypcrrry/status/1452627855993679876

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i mean, at the end of the day it's still a WWE show so yea

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aw man I thought they meant the AEW PPV would be in the UK :negative:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

I mean, Boris is a monster but I'm fairly sure he's never provably had a critic dismembered in a British embassy, so...

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, Boris is a monster but I'm fairly sure he's never provably had a critic dismembered in a British embassy, so...

Closest he came is conspiring to have a journalist assaulted.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

Not sure why a press release about Summerslam didn't mention the demo, very weird.
https://twitter.com/DaveInTheQC/status/1452686230647345154

Would it be true (I honestly don't know) that a really good Smackdown probably has been seen by more people than any Summerslam? Were there 2 million buys for Summerslams? I don't know how ratings = buys, tho.

Speculation aside, wouldn't it be expected more people would watch something that is pretty much free for millions of people as opposed to having to pay 60 bucks for it?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

scotland ppv when

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Would it be true (I honestly don't know) that a really good Smackdown probably has been seen by more people than any Summerslam? Were there 2 million buys for Summerslams? I don't know how ratings = buys, tho.

Speculation aside, wouldn't it be expected more people would watch something that is pretty much free for millions of people as opposed to having to pay 60 bucks for it?

It's hard to say. We don't have Nielsen ratings for streaming, so if say 1.5 million Peacock users watched Summerslam, it is possible more than 2 million people watched if you have lots of people watching the show together. So it might be more than some Smackdowns that have 2 million total viewers. But we don't know how many people watched. There were like 1.8 million Network subscribers in 2019 so if you figure nearly all of them watched back then you get just over two million viewers this year.

In theory yes more people watch free, but there are exceptions. UFC PPVs are one. UFC used to claim 5-10 people per household watching PPVs, which I don't really buy, but even if you assume 3-5 some of the biggest shows were watched by 5-6 million people where UFC regularly gets under a million watching on cable.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MassRafTer posted:

It's hard to say. We don't have Nielsen ratings for streaming, so if say 1.5 million Peacock users watched Summerslam, it is possible more than 2 million people watched if you have lots of people watching the show together. So it might be more than some Smackdowns that have 2 million total viewers. But we don't know how many people watched. There were like 1.8 million Network subscribers in 2019 so if you figure nearly all of them watched back then you get just over two million viewers this year.

In theory yes more people watch free, but there are exceptions. UFC PPVs are one. UFC used to claim 5-10 people per household watching PPVs, which I don't really buy, but even if you assume 3-5 some of the biggest shows were watched by 5-6 million people where UFC regularly gets under a million watching on cable.

Interesting. Thanks!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/thejaguarback/status/1452646948541026304

dude really thought he had a point with this one

the British Empire was certainly an atrocity, and we may be a rainy fascist island filled with plagues and TERFs, but at least we're not Saudi Arabia. yet

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

it's been insane to watch wrestling fans become communists and poo poo in bad faith solely to frame AEW as bad because they're mad people like something.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Hell, I cry about every American ppv

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Venomous posted:

https://twitter.com/thejaguarback/status/1452646948541026304

dude really thought he had a point with this one

the British Empire was certainly an atrocity, and we may be a rainy fascist island filled with plagues and TERFs, but at least we're not Saudi Arabia. yet

The UK invented America so maybe cool it on the whole "at least we're not Saudi Arabia" thing

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

The UK invented America so maybe cool it on the whole "at least we're not Saudi Arabia" thing

Pretty sure the British worked really loving hard at preventing America

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

From the replies of that UK=As bad as SA tweet:

https://twitter.com/kctypcrrry/status/1452630165473972242?s=20

Truly, the latest Blood Money has been the real progressive landmark in not treating women in wrestling like sex objects....

Acaila fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 30, 2021

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Yes all these countries are poo poo but only one of them is directly funding WWE to produce state propaganda. Well I guess two of them. Either way not the UK.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Konuwa was the “stop using Latinos and East Asians as examples of diversity in a US promotion because there are Japanese and Lucha promotions for them” idiot: I’m not a fan of assuming that people are acting in bad faith but he’s either just trying to get attention (and failing since this stuff gets no engagement most of the time) or he’s a racist fucker (infuriatingly using the language of anti-racism) and both should be ignored.

The mention of the Queen there is hilarious in particular since whatever your opinion of the monarchy is I think everyone would laugh at the idea that she’s some dictatorial force over the world. She certainly has some political power (and mainly uses it to avoid paying tax and on pet causes) but her role is basically symbolic at this point: the powers nominally held by the crown are used by the Prime Minister with very nominal oversight and if she said no she’d be out before the end of the week.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The poo poo you do to sandwich meat is unforgivable tho

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Where's that one goon from the AEW thread, to have a meltdown over people disliking "British iconography"

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I really hope my joke about Cody knowing that praising America gives him tweener energy is what pushed things over the edge.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Well, it turns out it's time to just watch and discuss geopolitics with my actual friends because message boards are loathsome poison.

For those of you that boo Britain on the world's stage because of a policy promoting exploiting other cultures referencing their own exploitation by the Romans, gently caress you.

For those of you that hate the Queen telling tax collector to gently caress the hell off because of a lineage promoting the inherent parasitism of the aristocracy, gently caress you.

For those of you who just plain hate Britain and its iconography, gently caress you.

Grats Jeffrey, my 10 bucks went to a weirdo abuser psychopath years ago and you're never going to get it again. I support the House of Windsor. gently caress you all.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Renaissance Spam posted:

Well, it turns out it's time to just watch and discuss geopolitics with my actual friends because message boards are loathsome poison.

For those of you that boo Britain on the world's stage because of a policy promoting exploiting other cultures referencing their own exploitation by the Romans, gently caress you.

For those of you that hate the Queen telling tax collector to gently caress the hell off because of a lineage promoting the inherent parasitism of the aristocracy, gently caress you.

For those of you who just plain hate Britain and its iconography, gently caress you.

Grats Jeffrey, my 10 bucks went to a weirdo abuser psychopath years ago and you're never going to get it again. I support the House of Windsor. gently caress you all.

As an Australian, gently caress England.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
You forgot the "actual child" parts.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

sticklefifer posted:

In retrospect I should have done Prince Harry for the Cody bits.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Jericho's Cruise is the only ethical wrestling show, being held in international waters.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

sticklefifer posted:

What, you mean the Windsors having sex with them?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Dimebags Brain posted:

Jericho's Cruise is the only ethical wrestling show, being held in international waters.

:judas:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/StevanTorrez/status/1452827115171188737

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1452817258674376705?s=20
https://twitter.com/ShawnFarley123/status/1452826073423568896?s=20

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah because Main Event really gets people jazzed for RAW

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
you cant just give away money matches like bryan danielson and aaron solo on youtube its madness

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's amazing how WWE has warped people's perception of what wrestling should be. I can't imagine how they would've handled it in the 80s when the WWF had Superstars, Challenge, and All-American.

"What? Orndorff turned on Hogan on Challenge? Well, if they wanted it to matter it should've been on Superstars."

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Davros1 posted:

It's amazing how WWE has warped people's perception of what wrestling should be. I can't imagine how they would've handled it in the 80s when the WWF had Superstars, Challenge, and All-American.

"What? Orndorff turned on Hogan on Challenge? Well, if they wanted it to matter it should've been on Superstars."

Isn't that more a consequence of Bischoff deciding to go big rather than go home when he was given the keys to Nitro?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at getting loving upset when popular superstars get to perform in more casual matches/online stuff. what the gently caress does he think house shows are.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
That guy must get pissed if an AEW wrestler is appears at his local indie instead of thinking it is cool and good.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Dr. Baker posted:

That guy must get pissed if an AEW wrestler is appears at his local indie instead of thinking it is cool and good.

why would a wwe fan go to an indie? they don't like wrestling

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Why do I get the feeling that Bischoff asked if he could be a more regular character on AEW and gave them all these ideas and they were like nah thanks though and he's mad about it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Are you loving kidding me that this is an actual emote that exists here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Are you loving kidding me that this is an actual emote that exists here?

For just :10bux: :10bux: :10bux: anything can be an actual emote that exists here.

:vince: :camera6: :drat: :moreevil: :russo: :wcw: :aronrex: :daryl: :goodshit: :miedo: :suzuki: :wardlow: :yoshihashi: