Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Palladium posted:

your opinions are trash unless you have casually escaped the most oppressively prison camp ever existed in China with Xi's top secret plans of conquering Europe

the caucasity of this post!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

https://twitter.com/slipknothooh/status/1452423723072380929

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Crusader posted:

communist moon

As we all know its Mars that's destined to be Communist

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
lol the d&ders are having a normal one, got me a fresh new red text

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
show me on the doll where dnd touched you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

thatfatkid posted:

lol the d&ders are having a normal one, got me a fresh new red text

definitely a big spender among that crowd

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/hmarston4/status/1452793250100613124

apparently twenty five percent of the legislature in myanmar is earmarked for the military according to the preexisting constitution which seems like a significantly bigger advantage for them than the exact electoral system they use but hey what do i know

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

KomradeX posted:

As we all know its Mars that's destined to be Communist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtdBdwooW8M

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Office Pig posted:

just to clear things up since it might get lost amidst cretinous twitter drama, the poster in question is an original that's just translated in chinese, no one was edited out for the sake of racism

Well let's not go crazy here

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

30.5 Days posted:

Well let's not go crazy here

backtalkers get shopped

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/zlj517/status/1452637889330700293

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Look how they teach these children to conform and be drones at a young age. Uniforms!

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

gradenko_2000 posted:

definitely a big spender among that crowd

As you can see from my avatar, the lengths some will go to

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

L o l .

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
got some more PLA propaganda videos. they're not really new, but they're new to me. one from the rocket forces has 80s hair-metal energy (the rocket forces always do) with a red alert 2 intro zoom in on D.C. from a chinese satellite. it's time to rock at hypersonic speeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy3fxWUc2wk

but i've gotta balance it out with the other one which the PLA doing a slow jam... smiling and victorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAnaElPvzTs

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
in dune they recycle body water into drinkable water, in the marketing they recycle the previous hatemongering. makes u think

https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/958645420992872448?s=20

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Palladium posted:

your opinions are trash unless you have casually escaped the most oppressively prison camp ever existed in China with Xi's top secret plans of conquering Europe

when i was a kid, mum would buy boxes of books and leave them laying around the kid's room. look what i found the other day:

quote:

"What are you doing there?" His tone was sharp.
"Cleaning my sandal. It's dirty." "Your brain is dirtier than that, and it smells worse, too. Stop that immediately. That is a bourgeois habit. Clean your head in stead!"

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

crepeface posted:

in dune they recycle body water into drinkable water, in the marketing they recycle the previous hatemongering. makes u think

Ian "Miles of Hot Takes" Cheong

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
also: lol the qcs thread and the resulting redtexts. sorry i missed all the fun!

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

i agree that genocide denial should be a bannable offense and that all d&d regulars should be banned for denying the ongoing genocide of the working poor in every nation that isn't china via covid-19

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

got some more PLA propaganda videos. they're not really new, but they're new to me. one from the rocket forces has 80s hair-metal energy (the rocket forces always do) with a red alert 2 intro zoom in on D.C. from a chinese satellite. it's time to rock at hypersonic speeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy3fxWUc2wk
Wow, the US is really falling behind. No high speed rail and our rocket scientists don't even have music videos.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Wow, the US is really falling behind. No high speed rail and our rocket scientists don't even have music videos.

It's all been downhill since they stopped employing rocket scientists who were also sex wizards.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Stringent posted:

i live in japan so i can tell you in no uncertain terms that if a draft was instituted or even action against china in solidarity with the US considered the popular opposition would be sufficient to stop it.

i can't emphasize this enough.

eta: i've lived here for a long time so i don't think i'm talking out of my rear end but am welcome to correction. i obviously don't speak for the people of japan this is just my impression.
I lived there for a long time as well (though not currently), and while I don't think you're talking out of your rear end, I think your conclusions might be based on an unrepresentative sample. Don't get me wrong I've seen the polls too, and I agree it would be harder to do that than, let's say, in the US itself - but I also suspect that that opposition is a mile wide and about an inch deep. Or an inch deep in places. For example, while electoral politics has the same pitfalls in Japan as it does in any capitalist democracy, this opposition you speak of apparently hasn't resulted in a particularly hard time for the LDP, given their publicly-stated desire for it vs. the supposedly widespread opposition against it. And they're still in the top ten of military spending in the world.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1448116606354305026

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Germany once again Exportweltmeister!

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

crepeface posted:

https://twitter.com/gavinfeng97/status/958645420992872448?s=20

lol that black panther ended up doing 100m in china

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Mr Hootington posted:

Look how they teach these children to conform and be drones at a young age. Uniforms!

Anyone who thinks their individuality is restricted by their clothes has more pressing issues to be worried about

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Green Book was also huge in China

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

fortunately no american movies are popular in china now so theres no need to tie chinese racism to the box office performance of individual films anymore

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
very instructive to see these posters, because i kinda bought into the myth that they didn't go see movies with black people in them years ago and never thought about it until now. seemed plausible given colorism in asia

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
America is extremely racist, so a country can be racist while still not being way more racist than America

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Judakel posted:

very instructive to see these posters, because i kinda bought into the myth that they didn't go see movies with black people in them years ago and never thought about it until now. seemed plausible given colorism in asia

the main article about the baldwin killing that's being shared on the chinese internet lists two main mistakes that the production made that lead to the shooting

1. the union people were treated so bad they had to leave and they were replaced by scabs
2. the scabs were black

obv. this is just a loving stupid reporter but

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Wasn't the armorer that was behind the murder weapon a white woman

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
As was the first AD, who apparently is famous from previous films for not running safety meetings or keeping the crew up to date with what guns can kill people on any given day.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

As was the first AD, who apparently is famous from previous films for not running safety meetings or keeping the crew up to date with what guns can kill people on any given day.

how could the first AD keep them up to date when he didn't know either

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gradenko_2000 posted:

Wasn't the armorer that was behind the murder weapon a white woman

Yes, she was the self taught daughter of a famous hollywood armorer lmao.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Antonymous posted:

the main article about the baldwin killing that's being shared on the chinese internet lists two main mistakes that the production made that lead to the shooting

1. the union people were treated so bad they had to leave and they were replaced by scabs
2. the scabs were black

i wonder what english language article they plagiarized and mangled so badly to think thats what it said

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Antonymous posted:

2. the scabs were black

lmao china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot witch divorcee
Jan 4, 2021

is that a tower in your pants or are you just happy to see me

crepeface posted:

when i was a kid, mum would buy boxes of books and leave them laying around the kid's room. look what i found the other day:

posting your Ls on the book jacket lmao