Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I thought this thread was kinda weird but it’s less harmful, less delusional, and less conspiratorially minded than threads dedicated to the idea democrats are doing anything useful so w/e

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
im the alien. its me

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
*chris mathews staring into the bar's tv as a hardball commercial comes on mid-interview*

hey....it's me. it's me.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Petey posted:

im the alien. its me

which kind

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

free cuppy tea

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DBwN2Ve9Mc

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Spergin Morlock posted:

free cuppy tea

:hai:

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
lots of new posts, can't wait to read them and find out that the aliens finally showed up

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you don't bite they can't hurt you

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

found an old harmonica and i'm just blowin into it sad songs while imagining vigorously making GBS threads up threads i fundamentally disagree with

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

lets do that box game some more but this time just grab the first drat thing you see instead of leaving these traces because im sure that ear i saw was the inside of the shell

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

mawarannahr posted:

I thought this thread was kinda weird but it’s less harmful, less delusional, and less conspiratorially minded than threads dedicated to the idea democrats are doing anything useful so w/e

drat im glad we have the approval of another member of the double digit club

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

its a universal truth that when posters start kramering into threads trying to police them, the thread just gets shittier. let the rv and aitee and ghost posts flow free and purestrain, as was meant to be.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
hey buddy, i paid my $10 just the same as anybody. i can remotely look at the spork all i want

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Marzzle posted:

I try to meditate every day and RV just seems like if I took every little thought that popped into my head as a super serious portent instead of trying to maintain a clear focus. I think if RV was real then we'd know because it would be easy to do independent studies to prove it. I don't think "the man" has enough power/reach to suppress something that sounds like its supposed to be a basic capacity of every human

My favorite remote viewing thing was hearing this: Remote viewing and or ESP are real. It just requires that at both ends of viewing or communication, that there is someone who is also able to do either. ESP appeared work a few times because all the people who reported it, and were part of the informal trial were able to communicate, because they all had the ability. Once the real trial began, the controls were people who never reported those abilities. They were told to be in one room, while someone with ESP or remote viewing were in the other room trying to communicate. The hits and not the misses were because you got two people who could remove view or communicate with ESP, vs one who could and one who couldn't.

The studies that debunk ESP do not put people who say they have it in both areas vs those who are the control group and very likely don't have this ability intermingle in the study and don't truly test people who say they have ESP or remote viewing abilities vs one person who says they don't with one who says they do, vs both who say they don'y vs both who say they do. This is not something that a traditional scientific study would do because it is not a consideration in 99.9% of studies of people and behaviors.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

mawarannahr posted:

that's not a very high bar, kinda insulting

i don't see how any harm results from this thread at all. you're coming into a chat thread where people shoot the poo poo about birds and orbs, and talking about how it's "less" harmful and delusional lmao gently caress off

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

I don’t think remote viewing and other psychic claims are real, but two years ago I didn’t think UFOs were real and now here we are.

My last handful of posts in this thread have been aggressive and rude because frankly the people kramering in to drop their reddit quality opinions as if nobody here is aware of currently existing scientific consensus are genuinely stupid.

Like the little buckaroo at the top of this page graciously admitting that he doesn’t believe this thread is too harmful, buddy your posts in this thread betray you as a mediocre intellect with nothing interesting to say. We all know everything you think you’re enlightening us with and have made the conscious decision to set it aside in this thread, that you lack the capacity to examine contradictory ideas isn’t our problem.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I like the headspace this thread lets me dance in, whether some of it is real or none of it or if it's all just play pretend (it's not)

I like that the regulars don't feel compelled to gate keep this is jazz man let it happen who knows

No wrong notes

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Wheeee posted:

drat im glad we have the approval of another member of the double digit club

with your talk of mediocre intellect and this it sounds like you believe in IQ

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
galaxy brain takes seem to be very thematic for this thread, at least.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
wowbagger the infinitely prolonged, but stopping by every single thread to point out errors before flying off again

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
gently caress the Posadist video that has The Interionale being played by a theremin has been taken down and I can't post it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I apologize for barging in, I posted something I thought was funny in the flow of things but maybe it wasn’t, I have nothing to add to whatever’s being discussed.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

mawarannahr posted:

I apologize for barging in, I posted something I thought was funny in the flow of things but maybe it wasn’t, I have nothing to add to whatever’s being discussed.

stealing this for my new sig

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Wheeee posted:

I don’t think remote viewing and other psychic claims are real, but two years ago I didn’t think UFOs were real and now here we are.

My last handful of posts in this thread have been aggressive and rude because frankly the people kramering in to drop their reddit quality opinions as if nobody here is aware of currently existing scientific consensus are genuinely stupid.

Like the little buckaroo at the top of this page graciously admitting that he doesn’t believe this thread is too harmful, buddy your posts in this thread betray you as a mediocre intellect with nothing interesting to say. We all know everything you think you’re enlightening us with and have made the conscious decision to set it aside in this thread, that you lack the capacity to examine contradictory ideas isn’t our problem.

I'm not trying to "calm hitler" you but seems like you sure threw your back into it over something we're pretty much in agreement on. you even generated a meme

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

I took it in the spirit you intended, it just had the unfortunate timing to come after someone else.

Stick around, we occasionally post videos of cool birds and talk about how career counterintel guys are gonna tell us the pure unvarnished truth about aliens. It's a happening place.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

i am harry posted:

lets do that box game some more but this time just grab the first drat thing you see instead of leaving these traces because im sure that ear i saw was the inside of the shell

in my basement where i'm staying i have a weightbench and the plates are stacked up next to it, heaviest on bottom, lightest on top. On top of that i put the object, and then covered it with a purple ceramic flowerpot

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

SniperWoreConverse posted:

in my basement where i'm staying i have a weightbench and the plates are stacked up next to it, heaviest on bottom, lightest on top. On top of that i put the object, and then covered it with a purple ceramic flowerpot

it looks like a dick in an upside down flowerpot

i standby my baseball snail image

also, aliens are real and one time i was told im not ready yet by a few of them in front of stand looking thing, during a near death experience, right as i regained consciousness. i assume im too lovely to move on.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Meditated on this koan for a while and failed to achieve enlightenment

But buddy did I lift!

e. also is it a pikachu?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Wheeee for IK

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I feel like books would be a loophole too

Also why was Solomon messing with demons to begin with

Also people can just disagree with you, they're not always consigned to a false mind palace of the damned or whatever

The Chad Jihad has issued a correction as of 04:32 on Oct 26, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i think there may be some form of esp, but in two senses of the term:

1: our brains are probably more complicated than we realized, and there may be some method to prepare information from clues that were not brought to executive thinking. Like you can practice various kinds of puzzles to get better at them, or monks can practice and slow their hearts or raise their body temp or w/e, you could hypothetically practice "esp" to re-train your brain to bring up and integrate sense information that is normally discarded. This would be like how some people are highly skilled in observational intuitional stuff.

This is also plausibly what was going on with the goon who detected their partner smoking, and a foundational basis for getting dune-esque "powers." Doing this process may subjectively feel like "getting a reading" or "astral projecting" or something, it doesn't HAVE to feel like that one sherlock holmes movie where he's pausing time and like "hm the cranial blablabla," and I would argue that it would almost certainly not feel like that.

As a little kid I used to be really excellently good at arbitrarily knowing if a number was prime or not, even though i barely knew my times tables, because I had this sort of feeling that numbers all had their own sorta personalities and it just sorta felt like some were prime. Years later i read some short story where someone else had this same feeling but their numbers were different, it was kinda neat. Basically I'm willing to believe it is at least possible for information to come into your cognitive awareness, from your own brain, and it may feel different than normal realizations.

2: UAPs, if truly beyond all known physics, also mean that other things once thought ludicrous could potentially be real in some sense, because there's a huge bird shaped hole in physics. At that point it's possible fuckin math is wrong and has some major fundamental problem where what we know as mathmatics is correct in the vast majority of the cases, but actually somehow wrong in some subtle way. There could be some form of fault within logic itself somehow. I don't particularly think that's true, but it could be. I think someone proved that it's not possible to create a hyperrational system that lets you "leapfrog" normal processes, at least from what we've got. There's no way to crank up the science dial beyond just doing more research. If there's some one weird trick that zeta reticulons hate, though, poo poo would get real weird real quick.

bad boys for life posted:

it looks like a dick in an upside down flowerpot

i standby my baseball snail image

also, aliens are real and one time i was told im not ready yet by a few of them in front of stand looking thing, during a near death experience, right as i regained consciousness. i assume im too lovely to move on.

Bilirubin posted:

Meditated on this koan for a while and failed to achieve enlightenment

But buddy did I lift!

e. also is it a pikachu?

I'm gonna reveal what's there in uh ~48 hours from when i put it

The Chad Jihad posted:

I feel like books would be a loophole too

Also why was Solomon messing with demons to begin with

Also people can just disagree with you, they're not always consigned to a false mind palace of the damned or whatever

Back then demons were running around hog wild, like you can't even believe. But if there's a prison of delusions i'm sure i'm locked away within

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
It’s really difficult to have an informed discussion about birds without acknowledging the possibility that psi phenomenon exist. Traditionally the two have gone hand-in-hand.

Unless one is looking at the tic tac videos and and selection of hand picked military sightings in a vacuum, the great majority of historical sightings involve some degree of odd effects beyond something zipping around in the sky.

It’s perfectly valid to say you believe UFOs exist yet don’t believe in ESP/RV/AP/Bigfoot/ghosts/whatever. But all of this stuff falls under the category of “high strangeness” and when you start looking deeply into it there are a lot of connecting threads.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I like the headspace this thread lets me dance in, whether some of it is real or none of it or if it's all just play pretend (it's not)

I like that the regulars don't feel compelled to gate keep this is jazz man let it happen who knows

No wrong notes

De verdad

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
is Havana syndrome actually psychic communist attacks? that'd be very cool.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

but actually somehow wrong in some subtle way. There could be some form of fault within logic itself somehow. I don't particularly think that's true, but it could be.

i mean it absolutely is true, the question is whether/how it's relevant to birds

Petey has issued a correction as of 11:28 on Oct 26, 2021

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

No wrong notes

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Pooky posted:

it would make more sense than the current explanations of sci-fi brain guns. while microwave weapons absolutely exist that "hypothesis" relies on, like, some dude in the bushes or hiding in a vent in the embassy pointing a ray gun at diplomats?

alternatively yes, the crickets are comrades :ussr:

I get occasional bouts of vertigo and (spikes in the usual) tinnitus and fatigue that 100% match the symptoms of Havana syndrome and ive self-diagnosed it as happening when I dont eat enough and have been staring at the screen too long, specifically head down towards the phone. if its actually Cubans are loving with me via psi waves id be very disappointed in them, I support the revolution :(

ill go out on a limb and say that when its not crickets it's overworked (lol) overstressed workaholic idiot diplomats who don't eat enough and probably blast lovely music on their airpods all day and get wasted every night. in that sense you could take the angle that it IS commie psi attacks, in that the very existence of communist societies acts as an effective weapon against the consciousness of state department ghouls, whose own brains act as incubators to further the memetic power of the phenomenon and cause more of the colleagues to experience it. collective hallucination, psi weapon, why not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pooky posted:

The immortal science of Marxism-Leninism is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural