Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

awwww, and we were this close to solving climate change! ah well, next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Spergin Morlock posted:

writing projects lmao

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

look at this!

the very day of their demise! a little man with a backpack and spray gun dumped weed killer on this. i stood there and watched him do it. they're surrounded by native shrubs, which also got glyphosated.

That is a very pleasant to look at plant, I'm noticing that I have been conditioned to wonder what it's pollinator is from watching so many videos from that Crime Pays But Botonny Doesn't youtube channel.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

It’s a conspiracy theory to talk about what may or may not be in the bill. We won’t know what’s in or out until it’s over. Stop talking about it!

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
I like watching even our token gestures get eviscerated by the same people who call us alarmist because no one is doing anything

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

vote!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
vote the pain away, vote the pain away

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
is there a choice to vote away the microplastics

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

is there a choice to vote away the microplastics

That's why people are smarter in Star Trek - every time they used a transporter it screened out all the loving plastic in their brains.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm so loving tired of people at work having kids and we have to pretend to be insanely happy for them instead of just screaming

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

actionjackson posted:

I'm so loving tired of people at work having kids and we have to pretend to be insanely happy for them instead of just screaming

Wow. Disturbingly Malthusian of you. Real baby brain here. Don't you understand the immortal science will solve everything?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this here's america. its illegal to care about other peoples kids once theyve been born

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Real hurthling! posted:

this here's america. its illegal to care about other peoples kids once theyve been born

However it is very important that you do have children

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

my fetish is procreating with my life partner and raising a loving family with them please don't kink shame

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

God Hole posted:

my fetish is procreating with my life partner and raising a loving family with them please don't kink shame

don’t kink shame but also very kink same

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

i should really get a couple solar panels so i can still enjoy videogames and downloaded videos during the apocalypse, in the time between the power grid failing and the atmospheric smog becoming too thick for sunlight to penetrate

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the only thing the matrix got wrong was that it had humanity blot out the sun to fight the machines

in reality we are blotting out the sun so that the number machines can keep going up

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

God Hole posted:

Worse than the diaper fetish people.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Minrad posted:

the only thing the matrix got wrong was that it had humanity blot out the sun to fight the machines

in reality we are blotting out the sun so that the number machines can keep going up

in the matrix they declared war on the machines because they were beating the humans at capitalism

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

actionjackson posted:

you should buy them a card. get one of the ones that plays a jingly tune one time before it gets thrown away

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

r u ready to WALK posted:

i should really get a couple solar panels so i can still enjoy videogames and downloaded videos during the apocalypse, in the time between the power grid failing and the atmospheric smog becoming too thick for sunlight to penetrate

this is my plan

hoarding beans, rice, and mkvs

gonna be the glasses guy from the twilight zone except I’ll break my solar panels instead of my glasses

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

https://twitter.com/JohnCornyn/status/1452944414825926661

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

well i voted and the team i voted for decided to do nothing.

i guess things aren't that bad, yet

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

lol. lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

in a world of changes its comforting to know that one thing, impeding doom, is always there for you. have a blessed one

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

TACD posted:

you should buy them a card. get one of the ones that plays a jingly tune one time before it gets thrown away

you open the card and it's that warp drive thing from event horizon

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Lmao that he's the one posting it.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

controlled opposition for fossil fuel lobby like always.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

simping for oil is lucrative

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/ClareHymer/status/1452948034220867595

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

lol at failing to even pull off "and yet you live in society" because you're that loving dumb

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Stereotype posted:

in the matrix they declared war on the machines because they were beating the humans at capitalism

The machines promised to play by the calvinball rules of the economy but UN declared war on them anyway.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

"well you can't grow concrete"
"yeh you can"
"..................."

this is a microcosm of every debate over climate change

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cup Runneth Over posted:

"well you can't grow concrete"
"yeh you can"
"..................."

this is a microcosm of every debate over climate change

i can't even come up with a joke for that one. like... you wait for a new planet to form for more aggregate?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

jeez, james o'brien's let himself go

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

lol

vote!

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Why even have yourself be interviewed by these rightwing dickbags? They're only there to smugly talk over the people they're supposed to be interviewing. It either devolves into a shouting match, or you sit there in stunned silence because no matter how low your expectations were before coming in, you didn't quite expect "you can grow concrete". Either way this gets spun as a win for the host.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Radirot posted:

controlled opposition for fossil fuel lobby like always.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Philonius posted:

Why even have yourself be interviewed by these rightwing dickbags? They're only there to smugly talk over the people they're supposed to be interviewing. It either devolves into a shouting match, or you sit there in stunned silence because no matter how low your expectations were before coming in, you didn't quite expect "you can grow concrete". Either way this gets spun as a win for the host.

well, hes a carpenter representing "insulate britain" so he possibly is hoping to get some people interested in hiring someone like him to insulate their attics to save money. or windows or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

I appreciate his contribution to our shared effort to create amazing content. I would go on a show like that and stare in amazement at the idiot host. We each have to do our part. Content is the only thing left to hope for