Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

vyelkin posted:

imo it's for the same reason that the KGB archive exists even though it's never been opened to outsiders and in all likelihood never will be no matter who's sitting in the Kremlin. People on the inside want to keep records of things for internal use and consultation even if they also want to ensure they never see the light of day.

dang can you imagine what they got in there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mdemone posted:

dang can you imagine what they got in there

a bunch of hysterical memos like "omg, uri, the americans think we have armed cuba with microwave headache beams! they crazy!"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ReutersScience/status/1452828600646914050

wow I guess this program is finally paying dividends

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Perry Mason Jar posted:

This isn't a scoop, it's really obvious? All of the KSA royal family does the same thing, MBS is just particularly power-hungry and much better at these things than his royal adversaries.
I mean what kind of dictator would you be if you didn't have kill squads on speed-dial?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
MBS looks bizarre in a suit

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
So used to seeing him in dresses

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bahaha I keep forgetting Bezos is a manlet

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

inconsequential posted:

. The possible reasoning behind Bannon using Alec Guiness as the name he checks into hotels with. Around the margins are very brief flirtations with hallucinogenic drugs and pederasty. A rumored overthrow of Venezuela. Lots of weird wild stuff in the world of political intrigue, even if Bannon did get jettisoned pretty early on.

Still would love to know what the gently caress was going on with Bannon's meth bathtub.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MLSM posted:

MBS looks bizarre in a suit

it looks so unflattering on him! he looks way more svelte otherwise

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/ReutersScience/status/1452828600646914050

wow I guess this program is finally paying dividends

looking forward to 2022 when the pillar men show up

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Why does it look like bezos is only one with a tailor?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Femur posted:

when you dont work out you want to blame the tailor for how you look

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

dummy thicc

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

trying to have journalists assassinated but I'm dummy thicc and the clap of my asscheeks keeps alerting the ambassy personnel

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

when you dont work out you want to blame the tailor for how you look

yeah MBS has goonbod, sorry y'all can't recognize that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol that one of MBS's legs is almost as big around as jeff's torso

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Femur posted:

a beard and a good tailor can only hide so much, especially when someone is sitting down

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol that one of MBS's legs is almost as big around as jeff's torso

big hands too. guy is basically standard goon issue

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

mdemone posted:

when I'm a-ruling
I strut my stuff
and I'm so filled out

wealth high as a kite
I just might
stop to cut you up

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

mdemone posted:

Yeah when I think of MBS I think of goons

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
My boney my boney my boney saw

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

My boney my boney my boney saw

yep

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

mdemone posted:

here's a great article I stumbled across while browsing MKULTRA stuff:

https://www.salon.com/2012/12/02/better_than_bourne_who_really_killed_nick_deak/

An untraceable hit is the best hit, and the mind of a "nut" is all but untraceable. Hoffa associate Sheeran identified two high-profile examples in America. One took place during Hoffa's trial in Nashville in 1962, when, during a break in the trial, a young paranoid-schizophrenic named William Swanson rushed into the courthouse and began firing at Hoffa. Hoffa's attacker had been released from a California mental institution a few months before coming out to Nashville. "I had been struggling with something in me that told me I had to kill someone for over a year, but I didn't know who," Swanson told police after he was arrested. "Then a voice told me, 'You have to kill Hoffa' — it said it twice." Hoffa had always assumed that rival mobsters had trained Swanson to take him out. A few years later, in 1971, New York's top Mafia don, Joseph Colombo, was gunned down at an Italian-American pride rally by a 24-year-old African-American paranoid-schizophrenic, who was killed seconds later by someone in the crowd.

Oh btw, did anyone else get a flashback of that Qanon crazy that shot Francesco ’Franky-Boy’ Cali?

I’m starting to agree that the internet is the new MKULTRA

shame on an IGA posted:

the author's other work includes articles about Dr. David Thorpe and the Goon Island saga, so let's all smile for the group photo

Wait, we have an island now?

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

when I'm a-ruling
I strut my stuff
and I'm so filled out

wealth high as a kite
I just might
stop to cut you up

Let me go on
Like Bin Salman in the sun
Let me go on
Big hands I know you're the one

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Wait, we have an island now?

need a place to dock the aircraft carrier

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I’m starting to agree that the internet is the new MKULTRA

Hell yah

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
zombo dot com was the first numbers website

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Just finding out how hard the CIA worked to protect literal Nazis from prosecution for known war crimes while actively recruiting them as natural allies against communism and helped them attempt to construct a shadow government within post war Germany. Except a lot of these unrepentant Nazis hated the western powers more than they hated the Soviets and were double agents so after decades of intelligence failures the operation collapsed under its own absurdity. And even after the double agents were unmasked they continued to be protected from war crime prosecution. And even after the natural deaths of the perpetrators the CIA continues to maintain a narrative of their innocence of both war crimes and Nazism.

History used to be a fun interesting topic and now it's just :stonk:

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
The impression that I get is that basically if you wanted to be rich and/or powerful any time from 1945-present just start an extreme right wing political group or paramilitary death squad and the CIA will throw money at you to give conflict a chance but the natural result of this strategy in the absence of meaningful competition (resistance is great but it isn't competition) against a capitalist world hegemony is Fascist Hellworld 2.0 :smith:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
America decided we were pro deth squads and anti providing homes for everyone

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

America decided we were pro deth squads and anti providing homes for everyone

maybe if i lease a gigantic black truck and cover it in hate speech coach will pick me for death squad

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

The Sausages posted:

Just finding out how hard the CIA worked to protect literal Nazis from prosecution for known war crimes while actively recruiting them as natural allies against communism and helped them attempt to construct a shadow government within post war Germany. Except a lot of these unrepentant Nazis hated the western powers more than they hated the Soviets and were double agents so after decades of intelligence failures the operation collapsed under its own absurdity. And even after the double agents were unmasked they continued to be protected from war crime prosecution. And even after the natural deaths of the perpetrators the CIA continues to maintain a narrative of their innocence of both war crimes and Nazism.

History used to be a fun interesting topic and now it's just :stonk:

You're better off not knowing a white dude from the 60' had a secret to hold onto while they sat in the "elected" seats for a few more decades.

For national security.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

The Sausages posted:

And even after the natural deaths of the perpetrators the CIA continues to maintain a narrative of their innocence of both war crimes and Nazism.

hm yeah weird. almost makes you wonder which group won the internal power struggles. oh well!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

was the eu a nazi plan b to establish german control of europe by other means? i dont know anything about it but i want to believe something unhinged regarding it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ces/8580138002/

wtf is happening in kentucky

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Which state was it that couldn't fix their laws about marrying kids because too many officials liked to partake?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I would imagine Utah might have some interesting child marriage laws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Why imagine when Google is a click away?